Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

It's the best thing could happen, move all the wavey lighters stuff off to another festival and put the electric back in the picnic.

Its what I am praying for and I am an atheist. For this I convert temporarily.

We've nothing that resembles a proper Weekender, it's all selfies, lighters in the air, bring the kids on a Thursday and the Grandparents on Sunday.

Calvin Harris
    Deadmau5
    Carol Cox
    Faithless
    Tiesto
    Hardwell
    Swedish House Mafia
    Paul VanDyk
    Chemical Brothers
    Apex Twin
    Martin Garrick
    Black Keys
    Fatboy

Over 18's only, no photos allowed and anyone heard playing Mumford and Sons in the campsite is barred for life.

While I am a bit grown out of this kind of thing at this stage, I could really see this working. A "no photos" rule is a cracking idea, but pretty much impossible to implement.

Carol Cox and Apex Twin? Its like an infinite number of drunk monkeys.... oh never mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Depending on how the EP / TBC lineups are aligned, it could be that the new festival might cater for a specific genre that is absent in the EP lineup and that could cause people to jump ship and thus freeing up some tickets.

If the new festival is "Electric Light" and contains the likes of Kodaline, Picture This, etc ... I reckon that will cause a shift for many of the younger folk. We will know soon enough I suppose.

I'd be surprised if they did that, those type of acts and the ongoing mainstream-ification of EP are what has it selling out straight away these days IMO. loads of people I know who never had any interest in EP or the acts at it now go or want to go and hope for The Coronas and Ed Sheeran. Can't see why FR would kill the cash-cow.

if they were going to split anything off EP, I'd have thought it'd be the "indie" acts and have something small akin to EotR/Bearded Theory, although I don't think that'll happen either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Hozier's album is no.1 in the US, can imagine him being an outright headliner.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It's the lack of any proper competition that has it selling out straight away, if it was still competing against oxygen it wouldn't be sold out without anyone announced.

• Advertisement

Hozier's album is no.1 in the US, can imagine him being an outright headliner.

They'd be perfect for picnic light.

I'd be surprised if they did that, those type of acts and the ongoing mainstream-ification of EP are what has it selling out straight away these days IMO. loads of people I know who never had any interest in EP or the acts at it now go or want to go and hope for The Coronas and Ed Sheeran. Can't see why FR would kill the cash-cow.

if they were going to split anything off EP, I'd have thought it'd be the "indie" acts and have something small akin to EotR/Bearded Theory, although I don't think that'll happen either.

I agree.. but I can still dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

A "no photos" rule is a cracking idea, but pretty much impossible to implement.

Jaysus - i think people need to be less concerned about what others are doing and enjoy themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Looking at what is on the week before, after and on the week of EP. So thinking we will get some of the following.

Headliners
    The 1975
    Hozier
    Kings of Leon
    Twenty One Pilots

None of them do much for me. Would take KOL above the rest as, for all their many faults, have released good music througout their career. Sex on Fire tends to be the last song they play, so would be well gone before the encore!

These would be great additions
    The Specials
    Anderson Paak
    Bloc Party
    Doves
    Sleaford Mods
    Deerhunter
    Parquet Courts
    Sharon Van Etten
    Lets Eat Grandma
    Bodega
    The Zutons

Would be happy with these also
    Beirut
    Courtney Barnett
    Johnny Marr
    Mitski
    Cass McCombs
    The Distillers
    Badly Drawn Boy
    The Futureheads

Those headliners are exactly why EP needs to have a hard fork. Either go back electric or let it off to some other festival.

• Advertisement

showpony1 wrote: »
    Jaysus - i think people need to be less concerned about what others are doing and enjoy themselves.

When i was younger there were certainly occasions* that I did not want my photo taken and then getting tagged on social media. Privacy anyone?

* I was definitely enjoying myself.

What time is the lineup usually announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

im nervous

We get the line up at around midday dont we?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

endainoz wrote: »
    FB seems to be a sewer.

fixed that for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

So tomorrow lunchtime will be post mortem of announcement...…….. no doubt. I look forward to the moans/groans and occasional yelps of joy :p X

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Depending on how the EP / TBC lineups are aligned, it could be that the new festival might cater for a specific genre that is absent in the EP lineup and that could cause people to jump ship and thus freeing up some tickets.

If the new festival is "Electric Light" and contains the likes of Kodaline, Picture This, etc ... I reckon that will cause a shift for many of the younger folk. We will know soon enough I suppose.

It's a weird one to sell out EP with no sign of line up and also announce a new festival at same time as line up announcement. Tbh I could nearly see the opposite, a smaller festival being set up to challenge ATN

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭endainoz

fixed that for you.

Only for Ireland Simpsons fans I'd be gone long ago

• Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Hoboo wrote: »
    Carol Cox and Apex Twin would be pretty amazing

Carl’s sister ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Hoboo wrote: »
    Carol Cox and Apex Twin would be pretty amazing

Carol Vagina is Carls sister surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Aphex Twin announced for Home Festival in Italy but now I see they have changed the dates from early September to July. At least he is announcing later summer shows as well as Rock en Seine.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭glennponder

LowOdour wrote: »
    Looking at what is on the week before, after and on the week of EP. So thinking we will get some of the following.

Headliners
    The 1975
    Hozier
    Kings of Leon
    Twenty One Pilots

None of them do much for me. Would take KOL above the rest as, for all their many faults, have released good music througout their career. Sex on Fire tends to be the last song they play, so would be well gone before the encore!

These would be great additions
    The Specials
    Anderson Paak
    Bloc Party
    Doves
    Sleaford Mods
    Deerhunter
    Parquet Courts
    Sharon Van Etten
    Lets Eat Grandma
    Bodega
    The Zutons

Would be happy with these also
    Beirut
    Courtney Barnett
    Johnny Marr
    Mitski
    Cass McCombs
    The Distillers
    Badly Drawn Boy
    The Futureheads

Sleaford mods were there last year, on at the same time as the prodigy for some reason

Kormac was the same time as the Prodigy, surprised he was been put up against them. If that little shed could talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Sleaford mods were there last year, on at the same time as the prodigy for some reason

Yep, I went to see them! I guess they will still be touring the new album so it's possible they show up again this year... though that's wishful thinking more than anything

LowOdour wrote: »
    Yep, I went to see them! I guess they will still be touring the new album so it's possible they show up again this year... though that's wishful thinking more than anything

This never happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 cjdennis29

The Roots look like a possibility

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

cjdennis29 wrote: »
    The Roots look like a possibility

Heard mixed reviews from their Metropolis set a few years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Heard mixed reviews from their Metropolis set a few years ago

Yeah, it was only ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

endainoz wrote: »
    Hopefully some tickets come up for sale with the impending whinge brigade. I'm short two tickets and really hope to grab them at face value, toutless quiet so far...

If my pals pull out then we may have two early-bird spares. Will know in the next fortnight. I realise this isn't a ticket thread but just thought I'd let you know this, especially easy as I'm in Galway City and you're in Clare. Will PM you in the next fortnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

Would really appreciate a shout from one of you lovely boardsies if there’s a ticket going spare tomorrow after the line up announcement. I know it’s not a ticket thread but still saying a lil prayer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Kings of Leon and Florence played on Darcys Today FM show.

It's a sign lads. I'm telling yis

Advertisement