Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I'm expecting to see Martin Garrix on the list. Can't see him down at the TBA. I think EP is going to try and redifine itself a little this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Good luck everyone ...me nerves!!

Same every year...I get excited....then it’s announced and I’m underwhelmed...”it’s lacking electronic” ye will hear me say....and I always have the best weekend and buy my tickets the following Friday whilst still nursing the mother of all fears.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭endainoz

Rfrip wrote:
    Same every year...I get excited....then it’s announced and I’m underwhelmed...â€it’s lacking electronic†ye will hear me say....and I always have the best weekend and buy my tickets the following Friday whilst still nursing the mother of all fears.

They know how we operate at this stage alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭blueberrypie

oh the excitement

Really want to see Florence but I'm guessing it will be Hozier that will be announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Mucker46 wrote: »
    First announcement not lived up to the hype for me in the last few years with later ones providing most of my weekend music but would love at least one headliner tomorrow I will definitely go see and some new acts to discover. Feck all work will be done tomorrow morning.

Agreed.

If James are on the list I won't give a flying for the rest of it.

Of rumoured headliners I'd be happy with Florence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Nadine O'Reagan is on Newstalk in a few mins talking about the lineup, doubt she'll have any scoops, but still...
    https://www.newstalk.com/

e: well that was useless. basically the only names she gave was hoping for The 1975, Smashing Pumpkins and Foals, who are already playing here this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Today is D day :)

(It's also my 30th birthday so I'm hoping for a nice present from EP in the form of a decent line up - Pearl Jam pleeeeasseee)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

mimimcmc wrote: »
    Today is D day :)

(It's also my 30th birthday so I'm hoping for a nice present from EP in the form of a decent line up - Pearl Jam pleeeeasseee)

Happy Electric Picnic day/Bday! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Nadine O'Reagan is on Newstalk in a few mins talking about the lineup, doubt she'll have any scoops, but still...

Listening to her now doesn't sound like she has any inside scoop. But she did say the line-up is expected around 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Happy Electric Picnic day/Bday! :)

Thank you :)

Louise Duffy played some Florence in a competition thing there earlier, could be a sign (hope it's not)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

e: well that was useless. basically the only names she gave was hoping for The 1975, Smashing Pumpkins and Foals, who are already playing here this summer.

Pumpkins in the US that weekend. Newstalk should contact us lot next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

mimimcmc wrote: »
    Thank you :)

Louise Duffy played some Florence in a competition thing there earlier, could be a sign (hope it's not)

Hope you get a good birthday lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

in advance of the first part of the line up can I respectfully suggest the following:

1. no commentary on 'crap headliners' - this is the EP world we now live in. the good stuff will be half way down the line up.
    2. Just because Picture That are in the line up doesn't mean its ****e.
    3. you generally only need 10 or so 'must sees' from the first release.
    4. EP now caters for all ages and tastes. there will be a lot you don't agree with. suck it up.
    5. Mitski.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

roll wrote: »
    in advance of the first part of the line up can I respectfully suggest the following:

1. no commentary on 'crap headliners' - this is the EP world we now live in. the good stuff will be half way down the line up.
    4. EP now caters for all ages and tastes. there will be a lot you don't agree with. suck it up.
    5. Mitski.

The fallout online is the best part of the EP line-up being announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,699 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

What time are we expecting this to be announced?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,625 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Sh!the line up, glad I didn't get a ticket now !!!

(How many of these will we see later?)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

5. Mitski.

The TBA is being announced today as well as in Electric Picnic Family it's where I'd assume Picture this and a lot of the middle of the road Guitar bands end up.
    I think there afraid of what happened Oxygen online when the Facebook mob went after them for too much electric in the electric picnic. That's where TBA comes in, an offering to the offended with chidrens.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Sh!the line up, glad I didn't get a ticket now !!!

(How many of these will we see later?)

You can't forget "Where is XXXXX and XXXXX"

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭corm500

FourFourFM wrote: »
    What time are we expecting this to be announced?

Lineup at 11.15

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

You can't forget "Where is XXXXX and XXXXX"

"up me hole pickin dasies, Child!"

is the only answer to those.

time to dig out ohffs.jpg and the classic calmyertits.jpg that some one else posted a few years back

• Advertisement

roll wrote:
    1. no commentary on 'crap headliners' - this is the EP world we now live in. the good stuff will be half way down the line up. 2. Just because Picture That are in the line up doesn't mean its ****e. 3. you generally only need 10 or so 'must sees' from the first release. 4. EP now caters for all ages and tastes. there will be a lot you don't agree with. suck it up. 5. Mitski.

Ha! Good luck with that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

tick tock tick tock ………………………. but who's counting...……………… :D

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭blueberrypie

any chance it will be broadcast and we can watch it live?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

any chance it will be broadcast and we can watch it live?

No chance. The cost to RTE or whoever to stage cameras and pay for broadcast rights of the songs would be far to much and not worth it for the small audience it would attract (the main audience would already be onsite).

EDIT: Thought you were asking about broadcasting EP, not the EP announcement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

im here in work, trying to create an air of professionalism. Boards minimised in the corner of the PC refreshing for news!

im fooling no one !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭bennyineire

What time should we expect the lineup announcement. I want to make sure I have fresh popcorn ready for the Facebook thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

5. Mitski.

That's grand. The Man has set the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

What time should we expect the lineup announcement. I want to make sure I have fresh popcorn ready for the Facebook thread :)

after 11.

No leaked posters? Even fake ones?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

not a ****ing sausage, it's quite impressive when you think of it for this country.

even me ma knows what you got up to last night (example of net curtain twitchin) but we don't have squat on this.

Advertisement