Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Heavy Lungs on there- IDLES to be added after their gigs?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I have no idea who the strokes are

Sorry but what???

• Subscribers Posts: 41,625 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

nice start

must sees:

michael kiwanuka
    the streets
    echo ATB
    Jarv15

will definitely catch:
    CATQs
    Miles Kane
    Dermot kennedy
    parquet courts

will see if not clashing:
    hozier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Disappointed Tame Impala aren't on, hopefully they'll be announced later on. Meh lineup overall, but sure it'll still be fun

Really surprised at that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

The Voidz will be added at a later point i imagine.

Amazing undercard

totally agree .. James Blake, The Streets, Echo, Christine & Queens, Four Tet, Michael Kiwanuka, Parquet Courts .. thats me pretty much sorted right there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭LowOdour

To be fair, if all I get to see are all of these, then I will class it as a great weekend

The Strokes
    The Streets
    Courtney Barnett
    Mitski
    Parquet Courts
    Bodega -
    Lets Eat Grandma

The Strokes have saved the headline acts imo, hopefully they get the Fri or Sat night slot

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

That's a pretty decent line up. Besides headliners Christine And The Queens, Four Tet, James Blake, Roisin Murphy, The Streets, Years and Years, Courtney Barnett all decent.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Awh was kinda hoping the Strokes would do their own show or Kaleidoscope :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Average enough really. Florence, 1975 and Hozier are very unimaginative bookings, all headlined Irish festivals recently. Undercard isn’t bad - The Streets, Jarvis, Billie Eilish are decent bookings but again, outside of that there are some extremely familiar faces. Was expecting more imagination really.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

No word on Kaleidoscope yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

gutted about tame impala and robyn of course, and theres no way they will be in the second announcement

However lots there to keep me going so far before ive investigated the others and recommendations from the nice similar minded posters here

Four tet, James blake, roisin murphy, kolsch

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

Hozier
    The 1975
    Christine and the Queens
    The Streets
    Years and Years
    Kolsch
    Metronomy
    Sam Fender
    Mitski
    Echo & The Bunnymen

Busy weekend ahead already :)

+ The Strokes, obv

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jeditokingyoda

Rfrip wrote: »
    gutted about tame impala and robyn of course, and theres no way they will be in the second announcement

Why would they not be in the second announcement? I was really praying for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,663 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

dav09 wrote: »
    Worst case scenario for headliners

Tame Impala & Chemical Brothers possibly added later so the top tier may look much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Happy enough with those headliners. First time in quite a while that I'd happily go along to see all of the headliners. Woudl've been cool to have Childish Gambino on there but sure hey, I'll have more than enough to keep me busy for the weekend with those acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Probably more I'd like to see on the initial line-up than last year - but last year had a must see for me in Kendrick, only really 1975 would be that for me there.

I imagine much of the Strokes excitement is only around knowing Last Nite & Reptilia not sure I'd enjoy a 90 min set by them
    unless i get stuck into their back catalogue & love it.

Florence, Hozier, 1975, Years & Years, Jarvis Cocker, Roisin Murphy I've seen at EP before.

Still can't wait for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Christine&Queens, Jarvis Cocker, Roisin Murphy, Streets, Courtney Barnett, Echo, Michael Kiwanuka

That'll do pig (for a start).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

My playthrough so far

Heads: Strokes, Hozier

2nd Heads: Billie Ellish, Chris & Queens, James Blake, Jarv IS, The Streets

Rest: Courtney Barnett, Metronomy, Michael Kiwannuka, Mitski, MO, Serpentwithfeet, Yves Tumor

I have to listen to the rest and decide.

It's really great, and I could care less about Florence and 1975 and perhaps Hozier, they'll leave the Electric arena nice and quiet for me while they're on main stage.

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

I cannot read Billie Ellish without seeing Billy the fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

A few nice acts there. No interest in headliners at all.
    Might see how it plays out and go down for one of the days and hope to catch a few of the acts that interest me.

Snarky Snark Snark

Sorry but what???

honestly not joking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Why would they not be in the second announcement? I was really praying for that!

would have thought they were too big? i think i just cant cope with waiting for the next announcement for them tbh!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Holding out hope that kaleidoscope has tame impala because f*ck those headliners.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Lots to keep us happy. The Strokes will be great, I'll be up the front for that. Delighted Jarvis will be there, ditto Echo and the Bunnymen. Very happy, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jeditokingyoda

Rfrip wrote: »
    would have thought they were too big? i think i just cant cope with waiting for the next announcement for them tbh!!!

Haha yeah me neither. There was the prodigy last year as an addition, so one can hope!

Construction will shortly get underway to create a whole new town within the festival's mind-blowing creative acreage, located on the pastureland formerly occupied by the Oscar Wilde Campsite. Anchored by Terminus, a brand new 8,000 capacity mega-stage for electronica and dance (presented as an Eastern Bloc architectural colossus), Freetown will rise from the ground for just 4 days of the year.

Copied from Electric Picnic website. Some major map and layout changes coming!

https://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/take-me-electric-picnic-2019

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭bennyineire

So the Oscar Wilde campsite is been replaced by an extension of the main Arena. Over 30 acres of stages, food stalls, bars alley way etc.

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

Not into dj/electronica but that sounds class and could solve a lot of the sound bleed ****e afflicting certain tents

Advertisement