Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Korvanica wrote: »
    From what I've heard its going to be inside the Arena. Same for Salty Dog & Trenchtown.

Playlist if people want.

That would be a serious negative for me - love a few cans and a tribute band to kickstart the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 39 cjdennis29

Unfortunately nobody on here I'm passionate about except for the Streets, which tends not to be the case. Usually a few acts every year I'm a BIG fan of. Not a bad lineup tho. Hoping against hope Aphex (or a similarly fantastic act) gets announced later. Any word on the TBA festival?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Happy with that tbh

Strokes
    Streets
    Courtney Barnett
    Echo &tb
    Metronomy
    Parquet Courts

Soemone was asking for bottom tier recommondations
    Bodega are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,313 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

That's a fairly uninspiring line up, no real coups, nothing exciting, James Blake the only stand out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,028 ✭✭✭endainoz

I'm happy with that, it's got a broad enough appeal for most people but hopefully some tickets will come up from some it doesn't appeal to. Did someone mention some sort of a ticket return thing that Ticketmaster have to replace seatwave? Maybe I'm imagining this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭homosapien91

Just knew we would get Hozier and The 1975 :/ regardless its still the best weekend of the year so roll on September, cant wait to explore this new area

Florence is a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine so will definitely check her out, didn't go the last time she played, 2015 I think it was.

Plenty of research for me to do from that line up!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

So this new place Freetown is gonna be where Oscar Wilde campsite was. This will be a nightmare for The Salty dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭GidCudi

Friends wedding got decided for the same weekend as EP so had to sell the tickets a couple weeks ago. Only properly peeved off that I’ll miss Dermot Kennedy. Few others would be nice to see but won’t miss much sleep over. Still the best weekend of the year...ah well. It’s Body & Soul for me this time around

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭sassyj

Going to sell my ticket, I kind of knew I wasn't going after last year, didn't enjoy it all. Was hoping something spectacular to draw me back in. Maybe next year#

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

sassyj wrote: »
    Going to sell my ticket, I kind of knew I wasn't going after last year, didn't enjoy it all. Was hoping something spectacular to draw me back in. Maybe next year#

Pm me pls, friend looking for one :) thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I happy enough with that for a first announcement! There's a few good names there for me. The headliners are a let down bar The Strokes who I'm excited about. Delighted Four Tet is there I'll hopefully catch him more than once this summer.

The reaction from social media is negative as always but there's no pleasing some people as they just like to whinge. The fact that the lineup is packed with names who have played in the last few years is true though. You could slap 2016 on the top of that lineup and it wouldn't look out of place. It's a decent start though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Great to see Echo and the bunnymen on the list ,always put on a good show,for those who are unaware of their music,download their early albums cause after Ocean Rain ,the rest is crap.Heaven Up Here is an amazing album!!!!!, well worth checking out...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Just knew we would get Hozier and The 1975 :/ regardless its still the best weekend of the year so roll on September, cant wait to explore this new area

Florence is a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine so will definitely check her out, didn't go the last time she played, 2015 I think it was.

Missus and myself went to this and spent most of the time strolling around the crowd trying to find a spot where people weren't just chatting and doing the "I'm in the place to be" sh!te. Its a shame cos she puts on a good show. Had seen her twice before that also and both times were top class.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Great to see Echo and the bunnymen on the list ,always put on a good show,for those who are unaware of their music,download their early albums cause after Ocean Rain ,the rest is crap.Heaven Up Here is an amazing album!!!!!, well worth checking out...

Porcupine is pretty super also. Ocean Rain is really a classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Missus and myself went to this and spent most of the time strolling around the crowd trying to find a spot where people weren't just chatting and doing the "I'm in the place to be" sh!te. Its a shame cos she puts on a good show. Had seen her twice before that also and both times were top class.

She puts on a great show alright and has a fair few decent songs. Kinda what ya want from a headliner!

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭homosapien91

Eod100 wrote: »
    She puts on a great show alright and has a fair few decent songs. Kinda what ya want from a headliner!

Dog Days are Over was my anthem in my first year of college so listening to it always reminds me of those days, can't wait to hear it live

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Bit harsh on the later stuff, some decent tunes amongst it but I agree the first four albums are essential

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Echo & The Bunnymen uploaded a DRAFT version of the line-up to their Twitter page. Johnny Marr is the only difference I notice, wonder wil he be added later. anybody spot anything else?

https://twitter.com/Bunnymen/status/1105793637240242176?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Dog Days are Over was my anthem in my first year of college so listening to it always reminds me of those days, can't wait to hear it live

That new song Hunger is pretty decent too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭fourmations

no such thing! a pleasure is a pleasure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

lc180 wrote: »
    Echo & The Bunnymen uploaded a DRAFT version of the line-up to their Twitter page. Johnny Marr is the only difference I notice, wonder wil he be added later. anybody spot anything else?

There's a fair bit of crossover with All Points East already

Strokes
    Christine & Queens
    Dermot Kennedy
    James Blake
    Jarvis
    Metronomy
    Roisin Murphy
    Courtney Barnett
    Parquet Courts
    Yves Tumor

I can see more (Johnny Marr included) being added

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Johnny Marr would be good. Didn't this happen last year with Sleaford Mods as well who were announced at a later date? I also remember Chromeo being on some poster a few years ago but then they were never included in any announcement thereafter.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Chromeo broke my heart

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Is there a chance Tame Impala still get added? Would have though they'd be headliners. If they are to be added, you'd imagine they'd be on before The Strokes, which would make an amazing night!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Johnny Marr would be good. Didn't this happen last year with Sleaford Mods as well who were announced at a later date? I also remember Chromeo being on some poster a few years ago but then they were never included in any announcement thereafter.

Still raging after that :pac:

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Is there a chance Tame Impala still get added? Would have though they'd be headliners. If they are to be added, you'd imagine they'd be on before The Strokes, which would make an amazing night!

Yea still possibility of them being announced in the 2nd round unless they are booked for a different festival or their own show

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Paddy2012

Disappointed there's no Aphex Twin or Anderson Paak but I'm still pretty delighted, definitely one of the better festival lineups this year.

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    Disappointed there's no Aphex Twin or Anderson Paak but I'm still pretty delighted, definitely one of the better festival lineups this year.

He still could be added after his tour?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

sheroman01 wrote: »

Doubt it unless the top line is actually sub headliners but it looks like the top line is the actual headliners.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

lc180 wrote: »

Years and Years aren't on that page. Is Johnny Mar there instead?

Advertisement