Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Oh I just realised Aphex Twin isn't on that poster...

Anyone checked on BodhranDude?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Salty Dog is my favourite place in EP , Seen some great gigs there The Minutes,Booka Brass,Roadhouse Doors(well the end of them last year),King Kong Company and the Hot Sprockets etc.

Its perfect as a meeting point too

And an ideal place to gently start your Picnic. Roll on the Roadhouse Doors 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

There is. You just have to check out a couple of people you may not know about.

Please advise what is the Hip-Hop/R&B on the line up.
    Please don't say James Blake and the Streets

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

Eod100 wrote: »
    See it's not on the line up poster but does that definitely mean it won't be there? Know line-up for it isn't usually announced until much closer.

I asked directly, and they confirmed to me they are focussing on their own events in 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

fafy wrote: »
    I asked directly, and they confirmed to me they are focussing on their own events in 2019.

:sadface:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

OK - what's the story with Salty Dog? Is it moving? Is it no more? Is this Spike Island replacing it? Hope not cos it's my happy place.

Just in the door so apologies if I got crossed wires.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I doubt they'd remove Salty Dog it's hugely popular. They could move it into the arena though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Ep said this is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Shouldn't we wait to see maps and final posters before throwing toys out of pram over areas "vanishing"

Eod100 wrote: »
    Ep said this is it?

OV confirmed this to me when i asked directly it is not on at EP this year unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

OV confirmed this to me when i asked directly it is not on at EP this year unfortunately.

Ah ok. Hadn't spotted anything on OV's social media about it one way or the other

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Any more details on Freetown, expecting to see Little Big there seen as it's an Eastern bloc stage.
    Anyone any idea what it'll look like...
    "Anchored by Terminus, a brand new 8,000 capacity mega-stage for electronica and dance (presented as an Eastern Bloc architectural colossus)"

MadYaker wrote: »
    I doubt they'd remove Salty Dog it's hugely popular. They could move it into the arena though.

Salty Dog is on the poster

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

would it be like a really big despacio?!

Im over the no Tame Impala and Robyn now, looking forward to googling the acts i dont know this evening

its a rollarcoaster this thread in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

A huge pity. Their room gets a bit too rammed but I love it.

Reckon that means they're doing Ballina again in Sept. My home town and a superb weekend last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Salty Dog will be there. It's listed on the main poster.

The new area, Freetown? is listed as being for 4 days, so that'll include the Thursday.
    None of the main arena was open on the Thursday last year, or the year before, so i'd say both will be outside of the main arena, and we'll still be able to sip our lovely warm cans singing along to some Doors or Smiths classics.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Only went to EP once and ended up going home on the Saturday evening. The toilet situation was really disgusting there.
    Also was disgusted as the 1 act I really wanted to see, Bat for Lashes, was announced as being cancelled few mins b4 she was due to take to the stage. Instead David Kitt played a 2nd gig in her place.
    Florence and the Machine were playing in the tent the following evening, but still not enough to make me stick it out with those toilets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Only went to EP once and ended up going home on the Saturday evening. The toilet situation was really disgusting there.
    Also was disgusted as the 1 act I really wanted to see, Bat for Lashes, was announced as being cancelled few mins b4 she was due to take to the stage. Instead David Kitt played a 2nd gig in her place.
    Florence and the Machine were playing in the tent the following evening, but still not enough to make me stick it out with those toilets.

username checks out

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You went for the music...rookie mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭buried

buried wrote: »
    Yves Tumor, Sophie, Aphex Twin and Danny Brown - Please thank you Santa very much

Yves Tumor. Nice. Keep the other 3 coming

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Any more details on Freetown, expecting to see Little Big there seen as it's an Eastern bloc stage.
    Anyone any idea what it'll look like...
    "Anchored by Terminus, a brand new 8,000 capacity mega-stage for electronica and dance (presented as an Eastern Bloc architectural colossus)"

given that Freetown seems to be a copy of various bits of Glastonbury's SE corner, I'd imagine Terminus will be like Block9 area there (specifically the Genosys stage):
    1263613.jpg?p=projectImageFullJpg

block92017.jpg

28786_1_glastonbury-add-seth-troxler-as-part-of-block-9-announcement_ban.jpg

Started listening to some of the artists I am not familiar and as happens every year I have heard some of these songs before and just didn't know the artist. Thank you Radio 6 Music.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

D.Q wrote: »
    username checks out

Festivals aren't for everyone. I have one or two friends who wouldn't do one in a million years.

When I read that blurb about Terminus id made me think of the Temple as opposed to Block9

_D751906.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Salty Dog will be there. It's listed on the main poster.

The new area, Freetown? is listed as being for 4 days, so that'll include the Thursday.
    None of the main arena was open on the Thursday last year, or the year before, so i'd say both will be outside of the main arena, and we'll still be able to sip our lovely warm cans singing along to some Doors or Smiths classics.[/]

I hope you're right

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

thebusher wrote: »
    I hope you're right

I just hope they dont try and move it somewhere else :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14 stucat94

Echo and the Bunnymen posted what seems to be a draft poster that also has Johnny Marr listed

You went for the music...rookie mistake.

Totally agree,
    who is playing is totally irelevant to me. Its the whole experience, tenting, the woods, seeing new music, meeting strange but interesting people, B& S, always interesting, checking out Mindfield is another highlight, the interviews and debates and other stuff in there are very often overlooked, but well worth a visit.
    Rave in the woods always good to take a peak in there late at night en route back from Salty Dog- another essential part of EP.

My only dissapointment is there is no Other Voices tent this year, which was great, no matter who was playing in there. It was the place and vibe, not, who was playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

When you say tenting, do you mean camping ?

s8n wrote: »
    When you say tenting, do you mean camping ?

Yes, and not in a 3 grand yurt !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭bemmet

declanleo wrote: »
    All theses acts touring and we get hozier and the 1975? Get to ****. I decided last year I was done desire really enjoying it but thought I'd give it a lash if the line up interested me. I'll give it a miss thanks.

Couldnt agree more- went last year and waited for the line up this year to see would it improve at all . The reality is its becoming a younger and younger festival merely by consistently reducing bands from an older vintage. Thinking new order ,Grace J ,Pretenders ,decent raggae icons ,David Byrne ,the stranglers ,divine compdy ,Pete Tong ,Portishead ,Bjork etc etc etc .
    Dont get me wrong I always enjoyed wandering and finding new music ,however there always was a number of ones for me as must sees (and many more too judging by crowds at those above ) .
    Anyway -message received loud and clear .Time to move on .
    It was a great decade for me whilst it lasted.

Advertisement