Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,733 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

My only real question is "how has Jo Whiley managed to have never seen The Cure?"

or why she rates the Killers..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Gobby Gallagher, that's a bullet dodged (so far) right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Stillill42

My only real question is "how has Jo Whiley managed to have never seen The Cure?"

Exactly what struck me! Bizarre!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

And she definitely knew for months that they were headlining. Her faux surprise is transparent

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Anyone know where the Cure stay in Dublin? Want to be there for the sing along in the wee hours? Malahide should be a great gig!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

MadYaker wrote: »
    The initial glasto announcement is dull as ditchwater. The glasto fanatics will try and tell you otherwise but it’s weak. Still delighted I have a ticket though :pac:

Much like the EP announcement there’ll be loads more to come that will probably make the poster look better.

A weekend at Glasto is never wasted. The Cure headlined my first ever time there and their return will be sensational. Envy overload that evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Saw The 1975 live by accident, they are amazing and will play a blinder at EP.

Don't care for the rest of the main line up and the other acts can be seen elsewhere and regularly.

Completely puzzled why no Heaven 17/Thomas Dolby or other vintage electro act as they are touring UK and Ireland as a once off all summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Don't care for the rest of the main line up and the other acts can be seen elsewhere and regularly.

Completely puzzled why no Heaven 17/Thomas Dolby or other vintage electro act as they are touring UK and Ireland as a once off all summer.

I think they are playing Forever Young Festival in Kildare.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭dav09

Mike would be great, really enjoyed some of his solo music recently

• Advertisement

Seems to gigging a good bit, hopefully makes an appearance. Solo stuff sounds good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

I've seen the 1975's multiple times at festivals, friend's wanted to see them or they were just there and it was an easy option.. their live performances are much heavier in terms rock/distortion than most would imagine. In fact one time I was shocked to find it was actually them on stage!
    But still, for me there's no substance to them, songs and riffs are pretty basic nothing to distinguish them from a garage band of teenagers. I just feel like they haven't earned a headline spot, don't know exactly why that is + really can't stand the lead singer! I'm sure they'll get the crowd going but ill be elsewhere.

Snarky Snark Snark

Fatfrog wrote: »
    don't know exactly that is + really can't stand the lead singer!

some suggestions
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108803706&postcount=1391

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spreece

I had forgotten just how good those first two albums from the Strokes are. Haven’t listened to them in years. On a loop on Spotify now, even teenage daughter admits they’re better than Picture This.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Spreece wrote: »
    I had forgotten just how good those first two albums from the Strokes are. Haven’t listened to them in years. On a loop on Spotify now, even teenage daughter admits they’re better than Picture This.

That’s amazing parenting right there

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I saw them at this festival in 2010.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Spreece wrote: »

100%, the first 2 albums are superb but a few of my favourite Strokes songs come from First Impressions.. and Angles.

First saw the Strokes live at first oxegen in 2004...in the many gigs I have been to since that night, very few have come close to the electricity in the crowd and in performance. I cannot wait to see them at EP!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

LowOdour wrote: »
    100%, the first 2 albums are superb but a few of my favourite Strokes songs come from First Impressions.. and Angles.

First saw the Strokes live at first oxegen in 2004...in the many gigs I have been to since that night, very few have come close to the electricity in the crowd and in performance. I cannot wait to see them at EP!

I remember when they played Oxegen 06 (my first Oxegen) and they were one of the bands i was dying to see. Sadly 17 year old me couldnt handle festivals at that stage so on the Sat i went home early, but i remember walking out one of the exits that were behind the Main Stage they walked on stage and i was devastated :(. However caught them at Oxegen 2011 and they were fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Jesus. Is This It is 18 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

I think they are playing Forever Young Festival in Kildare.

Thanks a mill - that's an insane line up they have there.

Unfortunately I already have a ticket for The Who at Wembley on the Sat..then Eagles on the Monday...tons of gigs in Irl/UK that weekend!

Can't understand the terrible branding those 80s festivals get lumbered with. All those acts are top quality, many synth pioneers and not some f*cking Red Hurley singalong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Jesus. Is This It is 18 years old.

And still sounds as fresh as it did back then, an amazing album that completely changed music.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,028 ✭✭✭endainoz

I remember buying Room on Fire when it came out, the early 00s indie scene was such an amazing era for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Declan1

I’ve searched but can’t find details... Can anyone tell me what “extras” do you get if you buy Pink Moon camping with the VIP add on? I know you get the pre pitched tent but what else is in the camp site and what extras does the VIP ticket get you? Thanks!

Snarky Snark Snark

Declan1 wrote: »
    I’ve searched but can’t find details... Can anyone tell me what “extras” do you get if you buy Pink Moon camping with the VIP add on? I know you get the pre pitched tent but what else is in the camp site and what extras does the VIP ticket get you? Thanks!

As far as I remember, it’s access to the vip section in the main arena (seperate bogs, bar and food area), nothing additional in pink moons site itself

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭blueberrypie

For an extra €60 it means access into the VIP area: where the RTE studio is, a few bell tents to keep you out of the rain, nice toilets, and a bar with no queue. Really handy place to go if its raining to keep out of the rain. I didn't bother with it last year. I spotted a few celebs there the first year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Mr.S wrote: »
    Gone are the days of the VIP area at EP being somewhere worth going. It’s not worth the extra money.

If you wrangle a freebie for it then it's grand. Not worth the cost.
    The toilets are a bit better and a couple of decent food/drink options.
    It's never really been anywhere to watch any of the acts from.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Effects wrote: »
    If you wrangle a freebie for it then it's grand. Not worth the cost.
    The toilets are a bit better and a couple of decent food/drink options.
    It's never really been anywhere to watch any of the acts from.

I got a freebie in 2010 when pals were playing. Was handy then as the bar was open a couple of hours later than the main arena bars. But otherwise pointless. There used to be a viewing area that was pretty good but I'd always rather be nearer the bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Declan1

Mr.S wrote: »
    Gone are the days of the VIP area at EP being somewhere worth going. It’s not worth the extra money.

At a push, it’s a decent area to chill out next to main stage (but not able to see mainstage) and hide from the rain in the bar.

Thanks. I assumed it was to access facilities in the camp site - when staying in pink moon was a prerequisite. I’ll leave the VIP tickets so. Tempted by pink moon though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,028 ✭✭✭endainoz

Declan1 wrote:
    Thanks. I assumed it was to access facilities in the camp site - when staying in pink moon was a prerequisite. I’ll leave the VIP tickets so. Tempted by pink moon though.

Pink moon is well worth it, anyone I know who bought it once, ended up buying it every year after, myself included. I'd say the bulk of pink moon is already sold out no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

endainoz wrote: »
    Pink moon is well worth it, anyone I know who bought it once, ended up buying it every year after, myself included. I'd say the bulk of pink moon is already sold out no?

Some options are still available for Pink Moon.

Speaking of which, for those taking early entry, and arriving on Thursday, in Pink Moon, whats actually open, as in food, coffee etc if any ?

Advertisement