Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord selling and registration of tenant

Options
  • 03-09-2018 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

I did not realise I should have re registered tenant after 4 yrs. He's noe there 6. Can I do this retrospectively? We have leases from day 1.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

https://www.rtb.ie/landlords/helpful-info-documents/registration-faq's
    €90 per tenancy provided the completed application to register is received by the RTB within one month from the tenancy commencement date.

A late fee of €180 applies where an application to register a tenancy is received more than one month from the tenancy commencement date.
    So you just have to pay the €180 fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

misc2013 wrote: »
    I did not realise I should have re registered tenant after 4 yrs. He's noe there 6. Can I do this retrospectively? We have leases from day 1.

Yes it's fine to do retrospectively. As the other poster said the cost is €180. Happened to me before...

Advertisement