Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blocked Duct on network side

Options
  • 03-09-2018 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

In or around the 11th of July I had a KN Network Technician came out to install Fibre Broadband on my property, He informed me that he couldn't do it as there was a blocked duct on my property. I rang eir and they informed me that I would have to get this unblocked myself. I informed eir I would pay them to unblock it as it was on my property but they informed me that they don't do unblocked ducts on private properties. A number of days later I recieved a call from Eir stating that they do unblock duct's on private property but at a cost. I informed them to go ahead and arrange for it to be unblocked.
    Kn network arrived and unblocked the duct on my property and I asked them had they only just started unblocking ducts on private properties on behalf of eir, but they informed me they were doing this for eir for a good while. Why was I told on the phone that eir don't provide this service???
    Kn network unblocked my duct but then found a blockage on the network side on the footpathb just outside my house. They informed me that they aren't allowed to interfere with a public footpath and I totally understand that. They informed me that Eir would have to come out and unblock it.
    I then received a email form Eir stating that on the 03/09/2018 (Today's date) that a technician would be out to install my fibre broadband, I rang them and informed then of the blockage but they said to make sure to be at home. I took the day off work.
    On the Friday previous (31/08/2018) I received a call from eir asking would I be home on the 3rd and if i had the duct unblocked. I informed the caller that I had the duct unblocked on my side but that there was a blockage on the network side. She seemed surprised at this and informed me a technician would be there on Monday.
    On Monday morning (03/09/18) a Kn technician arrived at my door. I informed him of his co-workers being here. He attempted to install the broadband but he also informed me that that blockage was on the network side and that he doesn't know why he was called out before it was fixed.

This is extrermely bad customer service from Eir. I understand the first call out wasn't Eir's fault. But to inform me that they don't employ anyone to unblocked ducts on private property and then to recieve a call a few days later to inform me that they do.

Also extremely poor on behalf of Eir to send out a KN Technician today (03/09/2018) when he could do nothing after being informed of this by kn and myself on the phone.

I now want to know how long I will be waiting for Eir to unblock the duct on the network side and when will I have fibre broadband installed as this is now ongoing since the 11/07/2018 and it is now the 03/09/2018 nearly two months later 

Looking forward to hearing from Eir.

Adrian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

In or around the 11th of July I had a KN Network Technician came out to install Fibre Broadband on my property, He informed me that he couldn't do it as there was a blocked duct on my property. I rang eir and they informed me that I would have to get this unblocked myself. I informed eir I would pay them to unblock it as it was on my property but they informed me that they don't do unblocked ducts on private properties. A number of days later I recieved a call from Eir stating that they do unblock duct's on private property but at a cost. I informed them to go ahead and arrange for it to be unblocked.
    Kn network arrived and unblocked the duct on my property and I asked them had they only just started unblocking ducts on private properties on behalf of eir, but they informed me they were doing this for eir for a good while. Why was I told on the phone that eir don't provide this service???
    Kn network unblocked my duct but then found a blockage on the network side on the footpathb just outside my house. They informed me that they aren't allowed to interfere with a public footpath and I totally understand that. They informed me that Eir would have to come out and unblock it.
    I then received a email form Eir stating that on the 03/09/2018 (Today's date) that a technician would be out to install my fibre broadband, I rang them and informed then of the blockage but they said to make sure to be at home. I took the day off work.
    On the Friday previous (31/08/2018) I received a call from eir asking would I be home on the 3rd and if i had the duct unblocked. I informed the caller that I had the duct unblocked on my side but that there was a blockage on the network side. She seemed surprised at this and informed me a technician would be there on Monday.
    On Monday morning (03/09/18) a Kn technician arrived at my door. I informed him of his co-workers being here. He attempted to install the broadband but he also informed me that that blockage was on the network side and that he doesn't know why he was called out before it was fixed.

This is extrermely bad customer service from Eir. I understand the first call out wasn't Eir's fault. But to inform me that they don't employ anyone to unblocked ducts on private property and then to recieve a call a few days later to inform me that they do.

Also extremely poor on behalf of Eir to send out a KN Technician today (03/09/2018) when he could do nothing after being informed of this by kn and myself on the phone.

I now want to know how long I will be waiting for Eir to unblock the duct on the network side and when will I have fibre broadband installed as this is now ongoing since the 11/07/2018 and it is now the 03/09/2018 nearly two months later 

Looking forward to hearing from Eir.

Adrian
    Hi munstermadfan, 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you have had with ourselves and the different information you have been given. 

It is not our standard procedure to unblock ducting, we have an article online in relation to this. You can view this here
    The onus is with the customer generally however it is down to the discretion of the technician if he chooses to carry out this work. 

Feel free to PM me your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth and I'll have a look at this order for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 31 munstermadfan

Hi Tracey

Yes I read that article but why have it up when Eir employ Kn Networks to unblock the duct for private customers at a cost. There is a set cost per month charged by Eir for this service so I don't understand why it was told to me on phone Eir don't do it and you have also stated this in your email to me. Seems to me not all of Eir employees understand what the company provide and this leads to added customers frustration.
    I will pm you my account details now and hopefully will get it sorted once and for all.

Thanks
    Adrian

Hi Tracey

Yes I read that article but why have it up when Eir employ Kn Networks to unblock the duct for private customers at a cost. There is a set cost per month charged by Eir for this service so I don't understand why it was told to me on phone Eir don't do it and you have also stated this in your email to me. Seems to me not all of Eir employees understand what the company provide and this leads to added customers frustration.
    I will pm you my account details now and hopefully will get it sorted once and for all.

Thanks
    Adrian

Hi Tracey

Thanks
    Adrian

Thanks for your PM Adrian, I have responded to you.

I understand your frustrations here. I will need to investigate this further for you, I have sent it off to our operations team to query.

As soon as I hear back I'll come back to you.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭babi-hrse

Eir don't employ people to unblock ducts. This is true. Kn group have different divisions if there's a blockage on the customers side the customer will be informed that they need to 
    a find another route
    B unblock duct
    C allow a pole to be placed in property to bring overhead line to house.
    Or d to take the services of a civil contractor.
    However the tech conducts a survey and writes what needs to happen depending on what route the customer wants to take.
    Kn civils will then ask the customer do they want this unblocked that is to say the civil crew would have expertise in this but ultimately it's the customers decision and one could view it as an unrelated job. The tech would advise that the customer may be approached should he/she wish to be approached by them with a view to carrying out civil work.
    This is due to some customers being informed what they must do after a failed install and not sure how to even go about organising any of this which keeps their install floating around the system creating a massive backlog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 everton100

I have a similar problem. New customer trying to connect to the fibre 150 product. The KN technician could not install due to a problem on both the entry and exit part of the duct. The problem seems to be around the ‘hockey stick’ entrance and exit. The duct is not blocked per se. The technician could get the new cable to within a couple of feet of both entry and exits but not up the loop. We were extremely disappointed. So we can argue who is responsible for fixing this problem. I spoke with eir yesterday evening and they said it’s my problem, which I think is very unfair. The cable could be be pulled the duct with the correct apparatus but that technician did not have it. So can you get KN to call a second time with the necessary equipment, I have been assured this is a very standard issue and can be resolved very quickly. Can you please revert as soon as possible as we have no broadband at all while this issue is being resolved?

babi-hrse wrote: »
    Eir don't employ people to unblock ducts. This is true. Kn group have different divisions if there's a blockage on the customers side the customer will be informed that they need to 
    a find another route
    B unblock duct
    However the tech conducts a survey and writes what needs to happen depending on what route the customer wants to take.
    Kn civils will then ask the customer do they want this unblocked that is to say the civil crew would have expertise in this but ultimately it's the customers decision and one could view it as an unrelated job. The tech would advise that the customer may be approached should he/she wish to be approached by them with a view to carrying out civil work.
    This is due to some customers being informed what they must do after a failed install and not sure how to even go about organising any of this which keeps their install floating around the system creating a massive backlog.
    I was never contacted by kn. It was eir who stated they provide the service at a cost and they employ kn to do the work. If kn are providing it why are EIR charging me!!??
    And EIR still have not unblocked the duct on the network side......extremely poor customer service from Eir. I have not been contacted since 6/09/2018 with an update. Getting very annoyed

babi-hrse wrote: »
    a find another route
    B unblock duct
    I was never contacted by kn. It was eir who stated they provide the service at a cost and they employ kn to do the work. If kn are providing it why are EIR charging me!!??
    And EIR still have not unblocked the duct on the network side......extremely poor customer service from Eir. I have not been contacted since 6/09/2018 with an update. Getting very annoyed
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]Hi munstermadfan, [/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Our operations team have confirmed that this ducting product is available through ourselves and is run through our connection centre team. It is currently being trialled and is for cases where an order has been returned by KN to openeir due to a ducting blockage or where underground ducting is required to connect premises to the eir network,  the team will then call these customers to offer the service.  [/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]I'm afraid there is no update on your order as of yet, the forecast date is for the 6/11. This is when they hope to have the work completed by. [/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]Apologies for all confusion here and I'm sorry it's not better news. [/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]Thanks [/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Tracey [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dajoeie10

I’m in the same boat came to install on on the 21st August network duct blocked been waiting since for kn to come and unblock have had no word back since the 24th of August not looking like I’ll get my fiber this side of Christmas

Is there any update on when the work will be done or if the licence will be granted. I am getting no information or being kept up-to-date on it progress with my order.

• Advertisement

Is there any update on when the work will be done or if the licence will be granted. I am getting no information or being kept up-to-date on it progress with my order.

They gave me a date in November for all to be completed that was back in August and haven’t heard a word since from them. A total joke

Dajoeie10 wrote: »
    They gave me a date in November for all to be completed that was back in August and haven’t heard a word since from them. A total joke
    There customer service is a joke. U only get an update when u contact them. I need to take time off work to be here for the install but am being told nothing. very frustrating

There customer service is a joke. U only get an update when they u contact them. I need to take time off work to be here for the install but am being told nothing. very frustrating

Was about 2 weeks ago last time I rang them. Going to ring again tomorrow to see what the hold up is. The kn technician that came out to install was giving out about the boys that put in the ducts that they put in no rope to pull cable through

Originally posted by munstermadfan
    Originally posted by babi-hrse
    a find another route
    B unblock duct

Hi munstermadfan, 

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Our operations team have confirmed that this ducting product is available through ourselves and is run through our connection centre team. It is currently being trialled and is for cases where an order has been returned by KN to openeir due to a ducting blockage or where underground ducting is required to connect premises to the eir network,  the team will then call these customers to offer the service.  

I'm afraid there is no update on your order as of yet, the forecast date is for the 6/11. This is when they hope to have the work completed by. 

Apologies for all confusion here and I'm sorry it's not better news. 

Thanks 

Tracey

The 06/11 has come and gone and no work has been done. This is getting beyond a joke now. I have cancelled a contract with another internet provider as i was hoping on getting eir broadband in by now. Getting eir broadband is turning into a nightmare

Originally posted by munstermadfan
    Originally posted by babi-hrse
    a find another route
    B unblock duct

Hi munstermadfan, 

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Our operations team have confirmed that this ducting product is available through ourselves and is run through our connection centre team. It is currently being trialled and is for cases where an order has been returned by KN to openeir due to a ducting blockage or where underground ducting is required to connect premises to the eir network,  the team will then call these customers to offer the service.  

I'm afraid there is no update on your order as of yet, the forecast date is for the 6/11. This is when they hope to have the work completed by. 

Apologies for all confusion here and I'm sorry it's not better news. 

Thanks 

Tracey

The 06/11 has come and gone and no work has been done. This is getting beyond a joke now. I have cancelled a contract with another internet provider as i was hoping on getting eir broadband in by now. Getting eir broadband is turning into a nightmare
    Hi munstermadfan, 

I understand your frustration here and I'm sorry for the delays incurred. 

I've responded to your PM there now. 

Thank 

Tracey 

Advertisement