If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In-ceiling speakers

Options
  • 03-09-2018 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi,
    Could I get a quote for 6 in-ceiling speakers. I was thinking of the following but am open to suggestions/recommendations :

4 x monitor audio C165
    2 x monitor audio CSS230

Thanks.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

drayer wrote: »
    Hi,
    Could I get a quote for 6 in-ceiling speakers. I was thinking of the following but am open to suggestions/recommendations :

4 x monitor audio C165
    2 x monitor audio CSS230

Thanks.
    Hi Drayer,

The Monitor Audio in ceilings are fantastic speakers so you've made a good choice there. I could do all of those including shipping for: £766

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭drayer

Hi,
    I might need to go with a shallower mounting depth, what is the best you can do for the below:
    KEF CI160TR x 2 speakers
    KEF CI130ER x 2 pairs
    OUTDOOR speakers any on clearance? Preferably white x 1 pair
    DENON 2400H

Thanks

Hi,
    I might need to go with a shallower mounting depth, what is the best you can do for the below:
    KEF CI160TR x 2 speakers
    KEF CI130ER x 2 pairs
    OUTDOOR speakers any on clearance? Preferably white x 1 pair
    DENON 2400H

Thanks
    Hi Drayer,

I'll have to get back to you with a price on the Kef in ceilings as they are not a normal stock item for us.

Leave it with me and I'll see what I can find for you.

Kind regards

David

Would there be any other options with a shallow depth? 

Hi,
    Can you also quote with and without the sony 65XF9005 tv.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi Drayer.

The CSS230 are one of the shollowest we currently stock at only 50 mm in depth.

The KEF CI130ER are just 40 mm in depth and retail at £199.00 per pair. I could offer theses at £167 per pair
    The KEF CI160TR come in at 36 mm in depth and retail for £250 each. These are a special order product and not held in stock. I could also squeeze these down to £220 each.

Total for the KEF's would be £774 Delivered.

I don't have any out door speakers in clearance but if you wanted a great deal on the Monitor Audio Climate 50's which retail for £275. I could offer a brand new pair of these for £200 for the pair in a white or black finish.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-200188-climate-50-white.aspx

The AVRX2400 is priced at £329
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-13044-319314.aspx

Total for everything would be £1303. Lets round it to £1300 delivered.
    Would there be any other options with a shallow depth? 

Hi Kenny,
    Thanks for that I hadn't realized the KEF CI130ER's were only 40mm depth.

How would the KEF CI130ER's sound compared to the monitor audio C165's, sorry for all the q's, really appreciate your help though.

Hi Kenny,
    Thanks for that I hadn't realized the KEF CI130ER's were only 40mm depth.

How would the KEF CI130ER's sound compared to the monitor audio C165's, sorry for all the q's, really appreciate your help though.
    Hey Drayer.

To be honest I have not heard the KEF's in action but I would say based on KEF's other products they will be very good.

The Monitor Audio's are by far the more popular speaker and also sound great. We use the 165's in our demo room for Atmos and we have installed lots of these in offices and cafe's around Belfast and even into some schools.

Hi Kenny,
    I'll go with the AVRX2400 £329 and the white climate 50's for £200. If i was to mix the ceiling speakers slightly and go with 1 pair of the shallow KEF CI130ER's at £167 and 4 of the monitor audio C165's how much would this cost.

I might also go with the Sony 65XF9005 can you give a quote with and without the tv please.
    Not sure if I can stretch the budget for tv yet but might try

Thanks again

Hi Kenny,
    I'll go with the AVRX2400 £329 and the white climate 50's for £200. If i was to mix the ceiling speakers slightly and go with 1 pair of the shallow KEF CI130ER's at £167 and 4 of the monitor audio C165's how much would this cost.

I might also go with the Sony 65XF9005 can you give a quote with and without the tv please.
    Not sure if I can stretch the budget for tv yet but might try

Thanks again
    Hi Drayer.

Apologies for the delay.

I could do everything:
    AVRX2400 x1
    KEF CI130ER x1 pair
    C165's x4 
    Climate 50 - White x1 pair
    Total = £1056.00 delivered.

To add the 65XF9005 would be £1749.00 Delivered.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Advertisement

Hi,
    I'll be ready to finally pull the trigger on this tomorrow I'll give the shop a call in the morning with all the details, I'll leave the tv off for now but go with the rest of the package for £1056 if still available. Just wondering how long does delivery usually take? Also who is the courier used for delivery and is it possible to collect from the courier depot? Just trying to figure out if i'll need to take a day off work or not.

Thanks

Just wondering if I could add the below to the £1056 package above and if so what would that bring the total cost to:
    QA 3050 Matte Graphite
    QA 3020 Matte Graphite
    QA 3090C Matte Graphite
    QA 3000ST Black

Thanks

Just wondering if I could add the below to the £1056 package above and if so what would that bring the total cost to:
    QA 3050 Matte Graphite
    QA 3020 Matte Graphite
    QA 3090C Matte Graphite
    QA 3000ST Black

Thanks
    Hi drayer,

Sorry for the delay getting back to you! It's been a mad day in store.

I could do most of those items however I would have to replace the centre speaker which is now discontinued with the Q3090CI. I have these available in graphite grey as well. I also don't have the 3000st stands in stock but I do have the new 3000FSI stands.

The total for the extra speakers and stands would be: £693.

This would make the new total for everything: £1749 including shipping.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

Hi Guys, 
    Cheers for the help on ordering these, can you please PM me the tracking details once shipped.

Hi Guys, 
    Cheers for the help on ordering these, can you please PM me the tracking details once shipped.
    Hi drayer,

No problem, thanks again for your order!

I'll PM your details across but you should receive them in a text as well from the couriers.

Kind regards

David

Hi,
    I just sent you a PM with a question regarding delivery of these, can you take a quick look and let me know

Thanks.

Hi,
    I just sent you a PM with a question regarding delivery of these, can you take a quick look and let me know

Thanks.
    PMing you back now!

Hi,

Thanks.
    PMing you back now!
    PM'd you again just there, if you can have a look. Thanks

Hi,

Thanks.
    PMing you back now!
    PM'd you again just there, if you can have a look. Thanks
    No problem, PM'd you back there.

Hi guy's,
    Sent an email y'day evening regarding the KEF CI160TR's. Just wondering if you had any further info.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Hi guy's,
    Sent an email y'day evening regarding the KEF CI160TR's. Just wondering if you had any further info.

Thanks.
    Hi Drayer.

Apologies I was off yesterday.

Was it sent to myself at kenny@Richersounds.ie?

No worries  I only sent it y'day evening. Sent it to the sales@richersounds.ie, think Steven was actually looking into it.

No worries  I only sent it y'day evening. Sent it to the sales@richersounds.ie, think Steven was actually looking into it.
    Hey Drayer.

I have a look into it for you as Stephen is off today.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.