Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quickpark free upgrade to premium

• 03-09-2018 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Take the hassle out of holiday parking with a FREE upgrade to Premium Parking - we park for you!
    Let us park for you with our Premium Parking Service... at no extra cost if you book by midnight tomorrow, 4th September.

This offer is available for all bookings made on 3rd & 4th September, regardless of when you intend to travel.

To avail of this offer, simply choose the 'Quickpark - Premium Parking' option and enter the promo code SAVINGS02 before you check out.

Book NOW for FREE upgrade with promo code: SAVINGS02

The offer applies to online bookings made on Monday 3rd and Tuesday 4th September 2018.
    The promocode must be entered during the booking process to avail of the upgrade
    Note that the promocode is case sensitive (i.e. it must be entered in all uppercase) and contains the digits 02 (zero two)
    The discount cannot be applied after you complete your booking.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

thanks. premium costs 5euro extra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭deadimmortal

Tippgirl74 wrote: »
    Take the hassle out of holiday parking with a FREE upgrade to Premium Parking - we park for you!
    Let us park for you with our Premium Parking Service... at no extra cost if you book by midnight tomorrow, 4th September.

This offer is available for all bookings made on 3rd & 4th September, regardless of when you intend to travel.

To avail of this offer, simply choose the 'Quickpark - Premium Parking' option and enter the promo code SAVINGS02 before you check out.

Book NOW for FREE upgrade with promo code: SAVINGS02

The offer applies to online bookings made on Monday 3rd and Tuesday 4th September 2018.
    The promocode must be entered during the booking process to avail of the upgrade
    Note that the promocode is case sensitive (i.e. it must be entered in all uppercase) and contains the digits 02 (zero two)
    The discount cannot be applied after you complete your booking.

Works out cheaper if you use the €10 discount code WOOF
    Checked is there, for a week in Oct using your code I was getting it for €42 down from €47 but with WOOF I get premium for €37

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭limerickpat

Always worth trying WOOF, CINEMA, GREYHOUND and NOVA too and depending on duration of parking different codes will give different discounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 761 ✭✭✭p15574

I tried that premium before, never again. They misplaced the keys, we were about half an hour waiting for them to find them when we got back, after queuing up. Faster to just get off the bus and go the car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

The only advantage to the so called premium service is that Quickpark can cram even more cars into the space available and make more money, they're not doing it out of the kindness of their hearts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭PGE1970

Under no circumstances would I leave the keys of my car in the hands of any parking company for 2 weeks (this is not a dig at Quickpark btw).

If you do, record the mileage before you go. Some horror stories out there (mainly UK based).

However, usually use Quickpark for our holidays (regular service) and find it a decent service with the buses regular etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Tried it once and wouldn't use again. Took longer what with the queues and the waiting for the car to be brought back to you. Much quicker to just find a spot and hop on the bus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭breeno

I have booked premium parking for a weeks holidays next month but the above bad experiences have me worried. Is it possible to just use the normal car park when I get there rather than the premium even though its a 'premium' booking?

Apologies if its a silly question, I've never used them before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

We used the premium service once over the summer. My wife had a shoulder/arm brace and we had two children with us along with four pieces of luggage so it seemed like an easy way to park rather effortlessly...on our return the keys were also "lost" :O Took over an hour for them to locate keys etc. Never again! Pretty sure a bumper scuff happened during the Quickpark stay also. Other people's keys were also missing at the same time, not sure what is hard about itemising keys and storing them correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Always worth trying WOOF, CINEMA, GREYHOUND and NOVA too and depending on duration of parking different codes will give different discounts.

NOVA and CINEMA working for me for a week stay but only discounting 74 cent from the price. :(

Thanks anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

breeno wrote: »
    I have booked premium parking for a weeks holidays next month but the above bad experiences have me worried. Is it possible to just use the normal car park when I get there rather than the premium even though its a 'premium' booking?

Apologies if its a silly question, I've never used them before

Yes you can just drive in and park yourself with a premium booking. Obviously though if they dont park it they wont pick it up either on your return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭ruddy1987

Group1 gives 10% off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Pretty sure a bumper scuff happened during the Quickpark stay also.
    If you saw the way they cram them in there in the area reserved for the "premium" parking, I'm not surprised at all.

They're parked several cars deep, nose to tail, so I can only assume that in order to guarantee they'll be able to get a car out ready for you to pick up when scheduled, that they have to shuffle the entire lot once a day to move cars due to be picked up to the front and make more room at the back for new ones.

Like I said, they're not doing this for your convenience, it's just to cram more cars in and make more money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Dam, have premium parking booked but won't bother with it now having heard these reviews

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

Alun wrote: »
    If you saw the way they cram them in there in the area reserved for the "premium" parking, I'm not surprised at all.

They're parked several cars deep, nose to tail, so I can only assume that in order to guarantee they'll be able to get a car out ready for you to pick up when scheduled, that they have to shuffle the entire lot once a day to move cars due to be picked up to the front and make more room at the back for new ones.

Like I said, they're not doing this for your convenience, it's just to cram more cars in and make more money.

Saw it on the dashcam as well, couldn't believe how tight they are parked.
    Also they somehow messed up locking my car with the driver's side lock pin stuck midway. I thought there was an issue with the battery at first, but luckily I could open it with the key (not the remote) and the car started. Dunno what we would have done with 2 small kids at 1am otherwise.

Now I book the normal parking, drop the family to the airport and I'm making the trip to park the car and take the bus back myself, all done in 15-20 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

p15574 wrote: »
    I tried that premium before, never again. They misplaced the keys, we were about half an hour waiting for them to find them when we got back, after queuing up. Faster to just get off the bus and go the car.
    Tried it once and wouldn't use again. Took longer what with the queues and the waiting for the car to be brought back to you. Much quicker to just find a spot and hop on the bus.

Me and my mates always use quickpark, they said the exact same thing about Premium as you. Takes far longer to get your car on the way home cos there's usually a queue. Forget about premium.

BTW, I always either save my location on google maps on my phone or use the Save my Parking feature, can be handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭VUDuo2

Used the Premium service in August, 5 of us (inc 3 x kids) and everything went very smooth both going out and coming back. Will use it again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Used this code to book my parking for later in the month (thanks OP), but think I'll bypass it having read the feedback here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Use the code, go in and drive past the Premium dropoff. Go follow the signs and park the car normally, I use QP all of the time and they have no way of knowing once you're in.

They're accepting online bookings only at the moment... place wedged and no drive-ins without booking are accepted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

_feedback_ wrote: »
    Used this code to book my parking for later in the month (thanks OP), but think I'll bypass it having read the feedback here!

A friend of mine used their premium service and came back to a scuff on the car. It was resolved quickly by quickpark, they record the cars in and out.

If you use their normal car park and come back to a gouge taken out of your car they won't have anything to do with it.

So you have a slight risk of damage using either option but only one will cover the damage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Just maybe to balance it out a bit. I dropped off my car in June around 12pm and had no problem, took me about 2 minutes. Then I arrived home and the key was there and the car was parked about 5 spots away from the drop off. I found it very handy.

I'm sure it helped that my pick up time was as 1am as my flight was a late one back into Dublin airport so there was no queue at all.

I found it handier than the red car park anyway. I used to use that one all the time but the last few times I was there we were parked way down the back and the bus took ages to get through all the stops.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Pedro deNada

Problem now is driving about an empty car park closed for 'maintenance' and you are directed to the furthest corner of the site from the entry delaying your exit when you get back. you feel like a performing circus dog jumping through all their new hoops each time you use their declining service.
    Then the coach driver to terminal forgets to stop at T2.
    it's becoming more farsical with each successive visit. like Hale & Pace 'de management' skit

Advertisement