Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying 2nd Hand PC

Options
  • 03-09-2018 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

Just seen a offer of a refurbished PC, HP i3 system. 4gb RAM, 320gb HD, Windows 10 installed. few other accessoires. Around 150e.

Is this worth getting?

Do people recommend buying 2nd half PC's that have been done up? Or is stay clear of these and buy brand new.

Any advice welcome, im not really too tech minded. Just need a good working PC for music/photos storage, general browsing and working on PDFs.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭henryforde80

I'd be very wary of the 320GB hard drive. Usually from older desktops and probably slow. Does it mention what model the I3 is?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I'd be very wary of the 320GB hard drive. Usually from older desktops and probably slow. Does it mention what model the I3 is?

Yep. The first Core i3 processors were released in 2010, this i3 could be of that generation and would really not be ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

So steer clear so!

Big Vern wrote: »
    So steer clear so!

Most definitely. Is 150 the max budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Most definitely. Is 150 the max budget?

Well probably not, but just thought it was a cheap option, but at same time dont want to waste that money.

Wanted to see if buying 2nd hand was something people done and was worthwhile.

Could stretch to a good bit more, want to buy something that will last.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I bought the Mrs a refurb i5 from laptops direct for under 350. The battery isn't great probably because its blazing fast.

I'd have no problem either buying a PC as essentially any part can be replaced.

Something like this would be good. Would need to use parcel motel.

Copying and pasting link not working on phone.

Dell refurbished site in the UK.

Theres an I3 3320, 8GB ram, 128GB SSD for 160 pounds

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

as another user said pcs nowadays are grand easy to replace almost any part, thou instead of refurb option id rather buy seconf hand from likes of adverts or net, more bang for your cash if you can stretch to 500e, but if you need light stuff like video and music playing then dunno wait on some bargain from tesco or lidl and pickup cheap laptop for under 200e that will be enough for your needs.

scamalert wrote: »
    as another user said pcs nowadays are grand easy to replace almost any part, thou instead of refurb option id rather buy seconf hand from likes of adverts or net, more bang for your cash if you can stretch to 500e, but if you need light stuff like video and music playing then dunno wait on some bargain from tesco or lidl and pickup cheap laptop for under 200e that will be enough for your needs.

There usually pieces of crap to be honest

Advertisement