Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer

Options
  • 03-09-2018 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I was in my local branch today and I was looking to transfer money into an English account. I was told to get the other person's Bic and iban number, which they don't have or have heard of them. I was wondering if it can be done a different way?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi, I was in my local branch today and I was looking to transfer money into an English account. I was told to get the other person's Bic and iban number, which they don't have or have heard of them. I was wondering if it can be done a different way?

Thanks for your help.

Hi joannemarie98,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.
    All UK sterling (and Euro) accounts would have BIC and IBAN, both of which would be needed to make a transfer to them. If the account holder doesn't have this information please ask them to contact their bank who should be able to get this for them straight away.
    Once you have the IBAN and BIC of this account you can either make a transfer within a branch of Bank of Ireland or through your 365 online profile.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement