Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lotto Jinni - Promoted by boards.ie

Options
  • 03-09-2018 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

Guys,

As you are promoting Lotto Jinni, I created an account with them, this was over 2 weeks ago and ever since, I am getting calls every day from +353 and +44 numbers which are all from Jinni - They keep asking me why I havent placed a bet yet.

It is an Indian call centre so not even sure if it's an Irish company.

I have asked them to stop calling me but they keep ringing.

I would very much like you investigate this promoted company and advise if this is a legit operation as GDPR does not seem to apply to them
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

oh my god who could have predicted this company would engage in practices like this, especially after a Boards staff member assured us they are a legit company based in the isle of man.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Just to add when you are signing up the link to T&C you are agreeing to takes you to 404 oops something went wrong site ;)

Checked it just now.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Thanks guys, sorry to hear that about the calls cavemeister.
    I have removed the ad for the moment and have asked Jinni Lotto about how to stop the calls and getting the Terms & Conditions page live again so users can see what they are signing up to.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Update to this: the Terms and Conditions are now back up in the registration process and on the site here and cavemeister has a contact there to speak with regarding the multiple phone calls which should be sorted out. I've reinstated the ad for the remainder of their campaign.
    Thanks all.

Advertisement