Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long after contracts issued are they signed

Options
  • 03-09-2018 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

As the title says- generally how long after contracts are issued are they signed?
    We are selling and the contracts went out today, I’m trying to get a timeline of what will happen next and when.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭levi

shelly24 wrote: »
    As the title says- generally how long after contracts are issued are they signed?
    We are selling and the contracts went out today, I’m trying to get a timeline of what will happen next and when.
    Thanks

It depends on how well organised your solicitor was when they helped you purchase the house. There will be some queries back and forth but if your solicitor got the answers when you bought, this should be relatively speedy. I did learn however that you are dependent on both solicitors being efficient so you could say how long is a piece of string.

Just to give you an idea of timelines, we sale agreed our house to sell on 8 May, sale agreed on the house we wanted to buy on 30 May and moved in on 10 August - completing both transactions on the same day. The buyers of our house would have been ready to go about 3 weeks earlier I’m guessing had we not been buying a property at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

We are at this stage at the minute. It's taking a few weeks because we had to wait on their solicitor to send us pre-contract enquiries, for us to answer them, and we are also sorting out a few things like LPT certificates and electrician certificates from when we rewired.

You should have set a completion date on the contracts before sending them. Obviously the sooner that date is, the most of a rush there will be. Our date isn't until December though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭jaffa20

I'm in the same situation at the moment. Contracts sent last week but no valuation or survey has been done yet so i'm a bit worried. Is a valuation always necessary even if it's a very small mortgage? It sounds like mostly cash buyer with top up mortgage according to our estate agent. I'm sale agreed on another house so hoping they will sign fairly quickly.

Advertisement