Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hoax calls from Eir

Options
  • 03-09-2018 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭

Had a call to my land-line phone the other day claiming to be from Eir. It was a foreign lady who said she was calling from "centrally Dublin"
    I'm not to sure what she was trying to explain to be, but she claimed to have my credit card details  and asked me to call out the number on the front to confirm it was correct. 
    Eventually I hung up, but minutes later her supervisor, a foreign male, called to continue the conversation.

Now, the strange thing is, how would they have my details? I'm not an Eir customer. I'm with Sky. I have the land-line phone only about 6 months as I needed to get it when sky were troubleshooting a broadband issue and they asked me to check the line was working. 
    Nobody has the number. I don't even know it. But somehow whoever rang knew my details. The knew my name and address. Very worrying! 

Anyway, please be aware of there calls. Eir, please know this is happening and these people are claiming to be from your company. If they are from your company, your customer service staff are abismal!! 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Skuxx wrote: »
    Had a call to my land-line phone the other day claiming to be from Eir. It was a foreign lady who said she was calling from "centrally Dublin"
    I'm not to sure what she was trying to explain to be, but she claimed to have my credit card details  and asked me to call out the number on the front to confirm it was correct. 
    Eventually I hung up, but minutes later her supervisor, a foreign male, called to continue the conversation.

Now, the strange thing is, how would they have my details? I'm not an Eir customer. I'm with Sky. I have the land-line phone only about 6 months as I needed to get it when sky were troubleshooting a broadband issue and they asked me to check the line was working. 
    Nobody has the number. I don't even know it. But somehow whoever rang knew my details. The knew my name and address. Very worrying! 

Anyway, please be aware of there calls. Eir, please know this is happening and these people are claiming to be from your company. If they are from your company, your customer service staff are abismal!! 
    Hi Skuxx, 

Thanks for letting us know. 

We are aware of this issue, you can view all details in relation to this here

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement