Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why I will never again use Eir

Options
  • 03-09-2018 3:53pm

A few months back we ordered Eircom broadband + landline. 

The modem was delivered within a few days but did not connect to the internet. After 3 calls to tech support I was told it needed 24 hours to activate. 

The following day it was still not active so called again. I was told the modem was most likely faulty and a new one would be sent out after the weekend. 

The second modem arrived and the same issue. All the while my previous ISP modem was working, suggesting the line was normal. 

After another 2 or 3 calls to tech support, I was again told a new modem needed to be sent out. I asked if these were unreliable modems seeing as I needed 3 within 2 weeks. I decided to terminate due to having no service and losing literally hours on hold to 'customer care'. 

I was informed that the only way to cancel the order was to agree to a pay an undisclosed fee (which was to be calculated by the billing dept.) or I would have to remain under contract without service.

Now I have been charged €119.97 (taken from my DD).
    After contacting 'customer care' I was informed that no trace of any issue or communication existed between me and Eircom, and that there is nothing I can do to get refunded. 

Is this the standard policy in Eircom, rip people off and then refuse to deal with them?? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

one77 wrote: »

The modem was delivered within a few days but did not connect to the internet. After 3 calls to tech support I was told it needed 24 hours to activate. 

The following day it was still not active so called again. I was told the modem was most likely faulty and a new one would be sent out after the weekend. 

The second modem arrived and the same issue. All the while my previous ISP modem was working, suggesting the line was normal. 

After another 2 or 3 calls to tech support, I was again told a new modem needed to be sent out. I asked if these were unreliable modems seeing as I needed 3 within 2 weeks. I decided to terminate due to having no service and losing literally hours on hold to 'customer care'. 

I was informed that the only way to cancel the order was to agree to a pay an undisclosed fee (which was to be calculated by the billing dept.) or I would have to remain under contract without service.

After contacting 'customer care' I was informed that no trace of any issue or communication existed between me and Eircom, and that there is nothing I can do to get refunded. 

Is this the standard policy in Eircom, rip people off and then refuse to deal with them?? 
    Hi one77, 

I'm really sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with ourselves, I understand this is frustrating. 

If you PM me your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth and I'll have a look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi one77, 

I'm really sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with ourselves, I understand this is frustrating. 

If you PM me your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth and I'll have a look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Frustrating doesn't even being to describe it. 

I contacted Comreg who advised me to first lodge a complaint thought your system. According to your own site, I should have received an automated acknowledgement and a response within 48 hours. 
    I received neither. 

I'm not sure what exactly you can do for me, as one of your colleagues told me there was nothing that could be done. Couldn't even give me the name of a supervisor or manager. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi one77, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Frustrating doesn't even being to describe it. 

I contacted Comreg who advised me to first lodge a complaint thought your system. According to your own site, I should have received an automated acknowledgement and a response within 48 hours. 
    I received neither. 

I'm not sure what exactly you can do for me, as one of your colleagues told me there was nothing that could be done. Couldn't even give me the name of a supervisor or manager. 
    I'm sorry to hear this. 

If you PM me your details I'd be happy to look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement