Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billed for landline I didn't want

Options
  • 03-09-2018 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]I enquired about fibre broadband recently, and I was told that I had to get a landline installed before I can have fibre broadband. [/font][font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]I[/font][font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial] was told that fibre would be available at my house on 8th August. So, I agreed to the landline being installed provided that there would be no charge for it. The landline was installed and b[/font][font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]y 15th August, fibre was still not available. I cancelled the landline as I never wanted it in the first place. Again, I was promised that I would not be charged anything. [/font]

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Roll on 30th August, and Eir have deducted €43 from my bank account. I got onto Eir chat and the guy told me that I have to wait for my next bill to be refunded. Why can't I get refunded immediately? the amount should never have been deducted from my account in the first place and I shouldn't have a 'next bill' because I terminated my account on 15th August.[/font]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Eireann81 wrote: »
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]I enquired about fibre broadband recently, and I was told that I had to get a landline installed before I can have fibre broadband. [/font][font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]I[/font][font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial] was told that fibre would be available at my house on 8th August. So, I agreed to the landline being installed provided that there would be no charge for it. The landline was installed and b[/font][font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]y 15th August, fibre was still not available. I cancelled the landline as I never wanted it in the first place. Again, I was promised that I would not be charged anything. [/font]

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Roll on 30th August, and Eir have deducted €43 from my bank account. I got onto Eir chat and the guy told me that I have to wait for my next bill to be refunded. Why can't I get refunded immediately? the amount should never have been deducted from my account in the first place and I shouldn't have a 'next bill' because I terminated my account on 15th August.[/font]

Oh dont get me started on these cowboys. Was charged 107 euro for going over my "unlimited usage" last month and was never notified about reaching my limit. Guy on chat said it was a tech error.(my hole)discusting behaviour in my opinion. Time for eir to get rid of this stupid 1tb unlimited usage

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

You were misinformed.
    You do not need a landline to get a Fibre installation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi Eireann81, 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are having. 

Unfortunately, a final statement bill has to be issued on the system for the refund to be processed. This is the standard procedure and I'm afraid we have no control over this. Once this has been issued, the refund can be processed back to you. 

Apologies for all inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

You were misinformed.
    You do not need a landline to get a Fibre installation.
    You may not "need" it but I was also told the same!

Advertisement