Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rachel Allen’s son arrested for €30,000 drugs seizure

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

tretorn wrote: »
    His friends parents will be searching their houses from top to bottom and will keep their teens under lock and key.

So many parents are so busy and so stressed now they have no idea what their teens are up to.

lovejoy3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 36,162 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Shirley a slapper on the wrist only encourages him to try again, the reward is huge, the punishment a joke.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Rachel is moderately hot. An important fact often overlooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Words simply can not describe how hot she is....

Numbers however can - she's a 7:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Well if he can’t take the heat he should have stayed out of the kitchen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Rachel is moderately hot. An important fact often overlooked.

Rachel Allen is a great looking woman.

I get the feeling most young fella's ideas of hotness is makeup, false everything and duckfacing.

So in that sense, she certainly isn't "hot".

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Visconti

You do know Rachael married into the Allen's!

That makes it even worse. At least with family you cant pick them. The fact she did not disown someone and actually stood by them for having CP makes her moral compass distorted. I dont care about the young fella bringing in weed half the country are smoking it and its less harmful than alcohol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

She’s a c*unt according to you.
    Of course you would never have the guts to say that to her face, you weasel. She would slap you down.
    Tosser.
    Well that got heated and passionate in a hurry...

Visconti wrote: »
    ...........The fact she did not disown someone and actually stood by them for having CP makes her moral compass distorted...............

Her career is based on the Allen name/brand. She'd be doing carvery lunch in a local pub only for who she married.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deusexmachina

Visconti wrote: »
    That makes it even worse. At least with family you cant pick them. The fact she did not disown someone and actually stood by them for having CP makes her moral compass distorted. I dont care about the young fella bringing in weed half the country are smoking it and its less harmful than alcohol.

She was already married to her husband when this happened. What did you expect her to do?
    Walk out on her marriage? Break up her home so that her kids would not see their father?
    How do you know she ‘stood by him’ (her Father in Law)?
    Any evidence or just more morally superior victim bashing.

• Advertisement

Augeo wrote: »
    Her career is based on the Allen name/brand. She'd be doing carvery lunch in a local pub only for who she married.

Rubbish. She is well known primarily in the UK where nobody has heard of the Allens.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

"In a statement, Rachel Allen said she was "absolutely devastated" at the detention of her son, Joshua (18)."

He was only 18, young people do things that they would not do when older, I know it was found in an incoming parcel, and was detected on transit,
    I don't know why people would blame his mom for this, after having reared children, they don't tell us everything they are doing, I am Shure he now regrets this mistake, and she his mom must be devastated, but why did her name have to be put out there,
    I am sure if it were my son, my name would not have got a mention, simply because I am not a famous TV personality.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,772 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I'd imagine someone has talked him into this ,
    Knowing he probably had access to the money to pay for it, then promise him a cut of the sales, No way he woke up one day and decided to buy that much online, Surely he is not that stupid,
    Id imagine a friend got small amount online before and showed him it was hassle free and an easy way to make a few quid but obviously with such a large amount they got caught,

Seriously ????

Jesus no wonder we have crime in this country - everything is excused as "someone tricked me into all that", cf Ross Geller in Friends.
    No excuse but a 18 year old doesn't wake up one morning and all off a sudden order that much drugs online to sell out of no where,
    I wouldn't say tricked id say talked into a stupid idea to make some cash , 
    From growing up Kids with parents who have money and aren't always around *( which i'd imagine they are not in this case)  Can easily get roped into things, I wouldn't call it being tricked but kids like to be friends with other kids who have access to money ,
    How many 18 year olds have that kinda cash ?

Rubbish. She is well known primarily in the UK where nobody has heard of the Allens.

OK

We won't agree.

I fail to see how she'd be well known in the UK only for the fact she married into the Allen clan.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

goat2 wrote: »
    "In a statement, Rachel Allen said she was "absolutely devastated" at the detention of her son, Joshua (18)."

He was only 18, young people do things that they would not do when older, I know it was found in an incoming parcel, and was detected on transit,
    I don't know why people would blame his mom for this, after having reared children, they don't tell us everything they are doing, I am Shure he now regrets this mistake, and she his mom must be devastated, but why did her name have to be put out there,
    I am sure if it were my son, my name would not have got a mention, simply because I am not a famous TV personality.

I'd prefer my son to be selling drugs as long as he NEVER called his mother "mom..........:p

OK

We won't agree.

Nope - you are just trying to discredit her and bending the truth to do so. Your post was bull**** and you know it.

Nope - you are just trying to discredit her and bending the truth to do so. Your post was bull**** and you know it.

How is the

bullsh1t?

She'd just be a Ballymaloe graduate only for the fact she married one of them, got a job teaching there and her career took off from there.

If she never married Isaac she'd be unheard of.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

beertons wrote: »
    Could be Oregano?

With a touch of Spice?

How is the

bullsh1t?

She'd just be a Ballymaloe graduate only for the fact she married one of them, got a job teaching there and her career took off from there.

If she never married Isaac she'd be unheard of.

You are twisting the facts to suit your petty effort to undermine the poor woman. Here is how her career in television started:

From an interview

‘It wasn’t what I was trying to go for. Josh was only little and I was pregnant with Lucca, so television was the last thing on my mind,’ she confessed.

‘But a tv producer, David Hare, was doing a course for a week and he asked would be interested in doing some television. We shot a pilot, but I didn’t think any more about it.

‘Then six months later he came back and said RTE were interested. But it wasn’t in the plan at all and one thing just led to another.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

What a ridiculous post.

You're correct, she's not hot

• Advertisement

You are twisting the facts to suit your petty effort to undermine the poor woman. Here is how her career in television started:

From an interview

‘It wasn’t what I was trying to go for. Josh was only little and I was pregnant with Lucca, so television was the last thing on my mind,’ she confessed.

‘But a tv producer, David Hare, was doing a course for a week and he asked would be interested in doing some television. We shot a pilot, but I didn’t think any more about it.

‘Then six months later he came back and said RTE were interested. But it wasn’t in the plan at all and one thing just led to another.

.................. a course where?
    ...................preganant by ?
    ...................married to ?

She's Darina mark 2 .......Darina had already done the RTE gig, the path was carved out.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    You're correct, she's not hot

This is somewhat tangential to the matter at hand, but Rachel is a magnificent specimen of woman and I would ate chips out of her wet knickers. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

.................. a course where?
    ...................preganant by ?
    ...................married to ?

She's Darina mark 2 .......Darina had already done the RTE gig, the path was carved out.

you said
    Her career is based on the Allen name/brand

The Allen name/brand in the UK is HER name brand. she built it. Darina is practically unknown if at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

jimgoose wrote: »
    This is somewhat tangential to the matter at hand, but Rachel is a magnificent specimen of woman and I would ate chips out of her wet knickers. :D

Is that Byron ??? :D

you said

The Allen name/brand in the UK is HER name brand. she built it. Darina is practically unknown if at all.

So ye reckon she'd have made it in the UK if she hadn't gotten a start on RTE? Are ye actually serious?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

goat2 wrote: »

That's the double edge of being being a celebrity, its only when things go wrong, their name "gets dragged through the mud."
    Otherwise in happier times , they're happy to trade on the same name.
    I feel sorry for her though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

jimgoose wrote: »

If there is anything to have salvaged out of this, at least she can console herself with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Have RTE covered this at all yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

From an interview

She married into a family who had an existing business and brand.

She did not start the Allen brand from scratch. It is her husbands family name and brand.

To suggest that she would have done all of this by herself without the full backing of an already successful business and brand is nonsensical.

She is the one who became better known in the UK but the brand and the business were already in existence AND successful before she came along.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,078 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

RasTa wrote: »
    It's not or ever has being a min 10 year sentence for cannabis over 10k

He will get a similar sentence to this

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/new-dad-caught-with-35000-worth-of-drugs-avoids-jail-sentence-34698697.html

When it comes to sentencing, holding someone else's drugs after being coerced to do so is very different from choosing to import drugs yourself.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement