Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rachel Allen’s son arrested for €30,000 drugs seizure

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Don’t they run a cookery school as well

And charge very high prices.

You’d wonder are the people on the premises Garda vetted
    Is that what you spend your time wondering about?
    You have little to bother you

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Irish Kings

Why, do they do children's cookery classes ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭Odelay

Don’t they run a cookery school as well

And charge very high prices.

Why would they need to be Garda vetted?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

No excuse but a 18 year old doesn't wake up one morning and all off a sudden order that much drugs online to sell out of no where,
    How many 18 year olds have that kinda cash ?

Maybe he inherited it when he turned 18. The grandmother wasn't short of a few quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

jobless wrote: »
    how has this been glossed over?.... haha

Its well known locally. Shes promiment on his facebook....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Edgware wrote: »
    Is that what you spend your time wondering about?
    You have little to bother you

Don’t bother yourself wondering what I wonder about ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Irish Kings

Muahahaha wrote: »
    The old Tim Allen took the hit for a family member schtick always comes up in these threads. The rumour seems designed to deflect attention from him and to gain sympathy for poor Tim but the reality is if it is true then all the Allens who know about it perverted the course of justice and now we have an unconvicted paedo on the loose that the Gardai dont know about nor have logged on the sex offenders register. That makes things even worse for Tim and family, not better.

I've never come across anyone that thinks it makes it better.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Why, do they do children's cookery classes ?

Haven’t a clue but that’s definitely something that needs to be checked out you would think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭zapitastas

Odelay wrote: »
    Why would they need to be Garda vetted?

If they work with children or vulnerable adults they would need to be garda vetted. Is a pretty simple process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Heard a bit on the radio about it, seems he ordered a decent size block of weed from the States and customs got their hands on it.

Did he really think it'd get through undetected? I know literally zero about getting drugs in to the country (thankfully) but it seems a bit naive, doesn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

The really annoying thing here is that this doesn’t matter a damn to this young idiot, he’ll have a fantastic support structure behind him and a family business he can always fall back on regardless of him being a fuck up. Others his age will look up to him and copy him, and end up messed up with nothing to fall back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,601 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Noveight wrote: »
    Heard a bit on the radio about it, seems he ordered a decent size block of weed from the States and customs got their hands on it.

Did he really think it'd get through undetected? I know literally zero about getting drugs in to the country (thankfully) but it seems a bit naive, doesn't it?

As I posted earlier the ones I know who did it weren't the brightest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭badtoro

30k worth of drugs? Hmmm, no, yeah, **** him. Deserves all he gets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Noveight wrote: »
    I know literally zero about getting drugs in to the country (thankfully)

He didnt know much more than you it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭JMNolan

badtoro wrote: »
    30k worth of drugs? Hmmm, no, yeah, **** him. Deserves all he gets.

That could well be a light sentence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭badtoro

JMNolan wrote: »
    That could well be a light sentence

I'd expect you'll be correct there. Know a wannabe dealer here, salt of the earth he isn't. My preference is for respectful, honest, decent folk.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Re: Rachel Allen’s accent, isn’t it down to her mixed Irish-Icelandic parentage with a dash of South Dublin plumminess thrown in?

She grew up in Walkinstown FFS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Don't mention the thing(s).

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    The really annoying thing here is that this doesn’t matter a damn to this young idiot, he’ll have a fantastic support structure behind him and a family business he can always fall back on regardless of him being a fuck up. Others his age will look up to him and copy him, and end up messed up with nothing to fall back on.

Quite the opposite, I'd say. In this tiny society, being a convicted drug dealer is not something that people will forget, or allow you to forget. He won't have the mentality/stupidity of an 18-year-old forever. He'll get to the stage where having a reputation for something other than being a veritable amadán will matter and then it'll be a hard life for him when he tries to move on from this.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Visconti

She was already married to her husband when this happened. What did you expect her to do?
    Walk out on her marriage? Break up her home so that her kids would not see their father?
    How do you know she ‘stood by him’ (her Father in Law)?
    Any evidence or just more morally superior victim bashing.

She attended court in support of him. My father in law would be disowned by me in similar circumstances but then money is not my god. What would you do ?

• Advertisement

Visconti wrote: »
    She attended court in support of him. My father in law would be disowned by me in similar circumstances but then money is not my god. What would you do ?

I personally couldn't say how I'd react until I was in that situation.
    All I know is when people family membere got involved in criminality they tended to stick by them even when they had the attitude oh I wouldn't stick by them before hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,330 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Quite the opposite, I'd say. In this tiny society, being a convicted drug dealer is not something that people will forget, or allow you to forget. He won't have the mentality/stupidity of an 18-year-old forever. He'll get to the stage where having a reputation for something other than being a veritable amadán will matter and then it'll be a hard life for him when he tries to move on from this.

If I may use another example that's not the same, legally, but still a massive high profile F**k up by someone of a similar age.

You remember that girl at Slane who performed fellatio on a number of guys?

Here name's out there, that photo will never be removed, and you can find her on social media.
    She's essentially 'stained' for the rest of her life-because the photo will always be there. Her name will always be out there (on sites like twitter, for example).

Melendez wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

He got the naughty step well thats makes his actions ok then yes ? She attended court in support of him. Good that she protected her livelihood pity nobody could protect the children.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Has to be harder if the alleged drug dealer/importer is in the public eye though like this fella.

I'd say this type of thing is happening every day of the week, but we hear nothing about those similar drug importing criminals. Ten a penny when you are anonymous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Fr_Dougal wrote: »

15 years later, after getting an education in the states, "yeah that was something I did in my youth, its more acceptable these days, I did rehab and some overseas voluntary in Africa". You know what its all forgotten about and he is back on RTE with a new branch of the dynasty .

I personally couldn't say how I'd react until I was in that situation.
    All I know is when people family membere got involved in criminality they tended to stick by them even when they had the attitude oh I wouldn't stick by them before hand.

Criminality is one thing but CP is another how can you be so dismissive of it ?

Criminality is one thing but CP is another how can you be so dismissive of it ?

It's the same with all things from murders to drug dealers to rapists.
    In my experience people can be like oh I'd leave him or disown them but when it comes knocking on their own door they can react totally opposite and will do anything to support their family member and get them the lightest sentence possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

Biggest problem I can see for the brand is that last time they rolled out the next generation to move on, this time the next generation is up **** creek with no paddle.....

As for CP to me it's stomach churningly wrong at every level and I'd disown any family member caught with it, and never darken their door with my kids again, but that's my moral compass.

It's the same with all things from murders to drug dealers to rapists.
    In my experience people can be like oh I'd leave him or disown them but when it comes knocking on their own door they can react totally opposite and will do anything to support their family member and get them the lightest sentence possible.

Murder and drug dealing I would have to think about I do get your point. Rape can be a grey area sometimes it would depend on circumstances some women do lie sometimes. CP is a 100% get to fxxk out of my life.

• Advertisement

Murder and drug dealing I would have to think about I do get your point. Rape can be a grey area sometimes it would depend on circumstances some women do lie sometimes. CP is a 100% get to fxxk out of my life.

I think anybody would nearly cut somebody out for child or on unless something else happened behind closed doors that may away them one way or the other.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement