Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rachel Allen’s son arrested for €30,000 drugs seizure

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

lazygal wrote: »
    Locals with a vested interest in Ballymaloe have been trying to spread that rumour for years. No one is buying it.
    The locals I know aren't gullible and have no vested interests.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

The locals I know aren't gullible and have no vested interests.

Come on, every time the Allen conviction comes up people try this nonsense. Trying to make out Tim is a some sort of hero or victim who heroically took one for his son or someone else. Even if this is true, which it isn't, that makes him complicit in protecting some other paedophile and perverting the course of justice along with whoever else was supposedly in on this thing that didn't happen. How does that make him any better than what really happened which is that he was caught using his credit card to buy images of child abuse?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,602 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Locals with a vested interest in Ballymaloe have been trying to spread that rumour for years. No one is buying it.

I live well over an hours away from there and that's what must people around here believe and they'd have no connection to the place apart from buying the odd jar of relish.

I live well over an hours away from there and that's what must people around here believe and they'd have no connection to the place apart from buying the odd jar of relish.

People believe what they want.
    The fact is this gets trotted out as though it exonerated Tim. He's a paedophile who was caught and convicted. That's the fact, not the alternative facts people like to entertain.

It in no way exonerates him..... makes the situation worse imo

• Advertisement

Augeo wrote: »
    It in no way exonerates him..... makes the situation worse imo

If it was true, which it isn't no matter how many people try to pretend they know the real story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭zapitastas

Actually He and Darina was out of the country and it wasnt his credit card and it was the college computer. This was covered in a newspaper article 15 years ago.

Why ate you spreading lies about the case, thereby trying to cover for the actions of someone who in complicit in child sexual abuse. Strange way to carry on. The facts of the case are pretty clear

• Registered Users Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭Hoboo

zapitastas wrote: »
    Why ate you spreading lies about the case, thereby trying to cover for the actions of someone who in complicit in child sexual abuse. Strange way to carry on. The facts of the case are pretty clear

Scooterblue2 = Tim Allen

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Hard to find a mention of this on the RTE site over the last while. Very peculiar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭KevinCavan

Is it time to close the thread already? I think every possible angle has been covered and now people are talking about t.v. chefs in general?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52,014 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

KevinCavan wrote: »
    Is it time to close the thread already? I think every possible angle has been covered and now people are talking about t.v. chefs in general?

I'm not a bad cook myself I'm told.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

I'm not a bad cook myself I'm told.

crisp sandwich anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

Is the kid a criminal or an entrepreneur ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Mmm, whose father was found guilty of... locals would have a different take on it.

I'm sick of hearing about this heroic father taking the rap to save his wayward son bullshít.

It's a nonsense story, it wouldn't even make sense if it was true!

The child would have been far more likely to get a slap on the wrist and the business wouldn't suffer anywhere near as much as it would if the father and part owner was guilty!

It also ignores the fact that he first tried to blame an employee - could have ruined that poor mans life to cover his own arse.

He's a disgusting, sick, perverted, scumbag, not a victim and certainly not a hero!

The child would have been far more likely to get a slap on the wrist and the business wouldn't suffer anywhere near as much as it would if the father and part owner was guilty!............

..the "child" is Rachel's husband though in this scenario?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

No. There is no suggestion that Rachel's husband is a paedo.

No. There is no suggestion that Rachel's husband is a paedo.

So in the story sbsquarepant is sick of hearing who is Tim's wayward son?
    I'm sick of hearing about this heroic father taking the rap to save his wayward son bullshít......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Yes, I don't mean the kid caught with the drugs.

It's just a bullshít story.

Tim is nothing but a disgusting old perv who gets his jollies looking at kids being raped.

Heroic he is not!

Yes, I don't mean the kid caught with the drugs.

It's just a bullshít story.

Tim is nothing but a disgusting old perv who gets his jollies looking at kids being raped.

Heroic he is not!

A local man in my area was convicted of the manslaughter of his wife some years ago. When he was arrested first he blamed another man in the area for the crime. People still think there's more to the case than meets the eye because of this and the innocent man, who's only misfortune was that the man who killed his wife mentioned his name to try to get himself off, still has rumours on the go about him. It should be a crime to deliberately name an innocent party in such a manner, it can ruin people's lives.

........... It should be a crime to deliberately name an innocent party in such a manner, it can ruin people's lives.

Didn't Tim (or someone else) try and blame some staff at Ballymaloe?

• Advertisement

Didn't Tim (or someone else) try and blame some staff at Ballymaloe?

Tim first claimed it was a staff member, I have no information on whether he named someone or not, but equally Ballymaloe staff would be easy enough to identify. He then confessed and pleaded guilty.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Guinness69

Might not be as bad as it looks. i'd say he was going to pay the import duty and vat on it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭aroundthehouse

Baking bad, looks like darina and rachel werent the only ones cooking down in ballymaloe

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Well being from a farming background I'd know people who've done similar. They were never troublesome at school but it just wasn't for them and they left once they got the chance. They then tipped around at home and did other bits and pieces.

Yeah I know some lads like that.
    But thankfully they managed to refrain from trying to become drug dealers. :rolleyes:

I just thought I would add what I reckon she (or more likely the Allen family/brand) is really probably thinking.
    In a statement, Rachel Allen said she was "absolutely devastated" at the detention of her son, Joshua (18).

The chef said the family were issuing a statement purely because of the "frenzy of inquiries" in relation to Joshua from the media.

And because we found out the last time it is much better if we get in there quick to spin, sorry tell, our side of the story and try set the narrative.

"He has been arrested on suspicion of possession of drugs (marijuana) with intent to supply them to others," she said.

"He has admitted his guilt immediately and co-operated fully with the Garda

We found coming clean and holding your hands up works best for long term brand placement and public perception, ala the last time a family member was caught doing something illegal.

"A file has been sent to the Director of Public Prosecutions and when formally charged Joshua will be pleading guilty at the first opportunity."

The sooner this is out of the way the better, that new range of product is due out soon, the new restaurant is due for reopening and it is coming up to Christmas when all those mugs, sorry customers, will be buying one of our books.

"We are absolutely devastated at this turn of events."

"Our son is eighteen years old, has never been in trouble with the Gardaand has made a huge mistake, which will have profound consequences for him."

"We do not in any way condone his actions, in fact, we utterly condemn them, but it is not for us to condemn him."

"We must now try to look after our son and our family, the best way we can.

We must look after brand Allen and minimise effects on sales and future product endorsements opportunities.
    And if the little fecker ever wants to have anything to do with the company he better find a missus that looks and cooks as good as mammy.

"We would ask that the legal process would be allowed to proceed to deal with this matter, without interference, and that we would be allowed to deal with this, like any other parents, in a similar position."

Please leave us alone now until this blows over, and once people forget about this incident normal happy family media and tv appearances will resume.
    There might even be a new book out for Christmas 2019.
    :D

Yeah I am a cynical old bast***. ;)

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭margaretdublin

Or " Please leave us alone now otherwise we will have to go to court and take the stand, cry our eyes out in front of the judge and say he has has already been punished because of his high profile family"

Worked for Dicky Rocks son

QUOTE>>"We would ask that the legal process would be allowed to proceed to deal with this matter, without interference, and that we would be allowed to deal with this, like any other parents, in a similar position."

Please leave us alone now until this blows over, and once people forget about this incident normal happy family media and tv appearances will resume.
    There might even be a new book out for Christmas 2019.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭aroundthehouse

he is 18 and drives an Audi A5, he had 30k to buy dope with, his younger brother races cars in England, these are not regular people, other people in such circumstances dont have the opportunities they have had and i hope they are not treated differently for it

its all a long way from the days of myrtle allen baking a few scones

he is 18 and drives an Audi A5, he had 30k to buy dope with, his younger brother races cars in England, these are not regular people, other people in such circumstances dont have the opportunities they have had and i hope they are not treated differently for it

its all a long way from the days of myrtle allen baking a few scones

The Gardai street value is €30,000.

I was looking at other cases one line people who got caught with €20k,€30k,€40k,€50k of cannabis have gotten away with hardley any sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,236 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

The Gardai street value is €30,000.

And the guards are notorious stinges. It was probably half an ounce and they say it's enough for 2000 joints ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭Hoboo

I was looking at other cases one line people who got caught with €20k,€30k,€40k,€50k of cannabis have gotten away with hardley any sentence.

Im thinking 4 years, minus the usual 2, then take in early plea, good behaviour and assistance with their enquiries.......he'll actually be owed a year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement