Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rachel Allen’s son arrested for €30,000 drugs seizure

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,602 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Hoboo wrote: »
    Im thinking 4 years, minus the usual 2, then take in early plea, good behaviour and assistance with their enquiries.......he'll actually be owed a year.

I'd consider that harsh from my Googlemd people I've know who've done similar to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,089 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Im thinking 4 years, minus the usual 2, then take in early plea, good behaviour and assistance with their enquiries.......he'll actually be owed a year.

He'll get a judgement of "boys will be boys" no doubt, suspended sentence with 300 hours community service plus a crate of p**** relish for everyone in the circuit court.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭Hoboo

I'd consider that harsh from my Googlemd people I've know who've done similar to him.

Yeah it'll be suspended Id imagine. And no xbox for a month.

he is 18 and drives an Audi A5, he had 30k to buy dope with, his younger brother races cars in England, these are not regular people, other people in such circumstances dont have the opportunities they have had and i hope they are not treated differently for it

its all a long way from the days of myrtle allen baking a few scones

Even the wealthiest people in the world don’t usually allow their children the means for such luxury motors etc, they often like them to learn the value of things so that they will better appreciate and manage any wealth they might inherit. Eg. Princess Diana was driving a basic Ford Fiesta when she was going out with Prince Charles, many more examples about. Too much money can destroy young lives in no time and I’m surprised at a Quaker family making such funds available to their young member.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭KevinCavan

Don’t forget he’ll have the best lawyer money can buy also.

• Advertisement

Even the wealthiest people in the world don’t usually allow their children the means for such luxury motors etc, they often like them to learn the value of things so that they will better appreciate and manage any wealth they might inherit. Eg. Princess Diana was driving a basic Ford Fiesta when she was going out with Prince Charles, many more examples about. Too much money can destroy young lives in no time and I’m surprised at a Quaker family making such funds available to their young member.

He has an 09 Audi A5 according to Facebook.
    Some people are making it out like he has a 181.

Wouldn’t mind having it myself!

KevinCavan wrote: »

I can think of a name.

Wouldn’t mind having it myself!

Nor would a lot of people but I know a good few lads who'd be farmers, drove tractors during the Summer and had good cars when they were 18 and I still see it now. Some people are making it out that his car is worth a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Nor would a lot of people but I know a good few lads who'd be farmers, drove tractors during the Summer and had good cars when they were 18 and I still see it now. Some people are making it out that his car is worth a fortune.

€8-10,000 according to donedeal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

KevinCavan wrote: »

I reckon they have one on speed dial at this stage.

I reckon he will be showing us how to grow spuds in a year or two. ;)

Do you know how much it would cost an 18 year old lad to ensure an Audi A5.

I would say a packet load.
    I know a 19 year old with a Polo (well it is from the VAG stable as well) and he is named driver where insurance is over a grand.

Do you know how much it would cost to buy a 09 Audi A5?

The going price on carzone for a 2009 A5 is around €10k to €13k
    Of course condition, mileage, engine type and size cause variations.

Also what is the smallest 2009 A5 engine ?
    I know you can go from 1.8 petrol up to some real monsters in Quattro versions.
    The one many would drive would be 2.0 TDI which knocks out around 170 brake.

Now how many 18 year old lads are knocking around in a 170 bhp?

Why do you continue to pedal this shyte that he is just like a lot of farmer's sons ?

I am not allowed discuss …

KevRossi wrote: »
    €8-10,000 according to donedeal

Which isn't a crazy amount seeing the family he comes from.
    I know people and they all had cars worth a lot more than that at that age and they'd have just being saving from Summer jobs/etc.

I know it’s probably Mummy’s old model, and no doubt at all that she is the one principally insured/Daddy. It’s far from what most young people could afford to be motoring in as very novice drivers. The much bigger issue is that he had the some combination of mind/unsavoury and criminal connections/money to source and deal in a profitable quantity of street drugs. It’s the road Christy Kinehan started out on.

jmayo wrote: »

Do you know how much it would cost an 18 year old lad to ensure an Audi A5.

I would say a packet load.
    I know a 19 year old with a Polo (well it is from the VAG stable as well) and he is named driver where insurance is over a grand.

Do you know how much it would cost to buy a 09 Audi A5?

The going price on carzone for a 2009 A5 is around €10k to €13k
    Of course condition, mileage, engine type and size cause variations.

Also what is the smallest 2009 A5 engine ?
    I know you can go from 1.8 petrol up to some real monsters in Quattro versions.
    The one many would drive would be 2.0 TDI which knocks out around 170 brake.

Now how many 18 year old lads are knocking around in a 170 bhp?

Why do you continue to pedal this shyte that he is just like a lot of farmer's sons ?

It would cost about €8000 -€10000 to purchase one at asking price. So you'd probably get it cheaper.
    Guys often take out insurance policies in there parents names/etc which does happen.
    I've seen people do similar mainly with A4's mainly money was saved from jobs and there 18th Birthday. Insurance was the biggest issue tough.
    My point is I know plenty of farmers sons who do it. So he should be able to manage it in my opinion without having it all paid for by drug dealing.

I know it’s probably Mummy’s old model, and no doubt at all that she is the one principally insured/Daddy. It’s far from what most young people could afford to be motoring in as very novice drivers. The much bigger issue is that he had the some combination of mind/unsavoury and criminal connections/money to source and deal in a profitable quantity of street drugs.

Mummy is Range Rover women.
    Your correct regarding sourcing the drugs. It's all about who he's hanging out with/etc.
    I'd like to know what he actually paid for them tough because when it researched it in the past. It was a lot lower than the Garda street value.

Which isn't a crazy amount seeing the family he comes from.
    I know people and they all had cars worth a lot more than that at that age and they'd have just being saving from Summer jobs/etc.

Ehh are you sure they weren't also in the import business during those summers.

And as you know it isn't just buying the car, but keeping it running.

I reckon you must be writing some of the articles in magazines because they refer to him as just being a normal lad, having lived a relatively normal life in East Cork.
    Then they go on to tell us he owns a relatively expensive car for most 18 year old lads, likes travelling and has enjoyed several city breaks in Europe as well as volunteering to work in India.

Yeah perfectly normal for East cork 18 year old lads.

I must get onto the cousins and ask them why they aren't normal down there. :rolleyes:

EDIT:
    I would reckon once you mentioned an A5, as opposed to an A4, the insurance company would majorily up the premium.
    That was the way it worked back in the day when I was young.
    One lad i knew in college reckoned the insurance industry in Ireland wanted everyone to drive around in clapped out 1litre 1980s Ford Festies.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭GMSA

I'd say he had a ticket for Electric Picnic in his pocket. Split the stash with a few mates. Sample a bit sell the rest and come home with a heap of 50s down his jocks.
    All fine except the blues brothers came calling on Thursday and fecked up his plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

Mummy is Range Rover women.
    Your correct regarding sourcing the drugs. It's all about who he's hanging out with/etc.
    I'd like to know what he actually paid for them tough because when it researched it in the past. It was a lot lower than the Garda street value.

Isn't/wasn't Rachel Allen a brand ambassador for Audi Ireland. The car might have been a freebie.

I would also like to know how much the man paid for his package. Probably not nearly €30k but a few grand no doubt.

GMSA wrote: »
    I'd say he had a ticket for Electric Picnic in his pocket. Split the stash with a few mates. Sample a bit sell the rest and come home with a heap of 50s down his jocks.
    All fine except the blues brothers came calling on Thursday and fecked up his plans.

They'd have being in the Eco Village.

BuboBubo wrote: »
    Isn't/wasn't Rachel Allen a brand ambassador for Audi Ireland. The car might have been a freebie.

I would also like to know how much the man paid for his package. Probably not nearly €30k but a few grand no doubt.

I think that your correct she was before but I have seen her in photos with Range Rovers as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

This image caused a bit of controversy back in 2011.

Foxy farmer, I notice you are possibly farmer from Cork, West Cork anyways.

Is it normal for 18 year old lads down your way to be driving 09 Audi A5s?

Just wondering ;)

When I saw that photo all I could think of was how they probably stagged the car being that muddy just to make it look more country like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

BuboBubo wrote: »

I just had a look on the dark web and 1.5kg of weed can be had for €7,000
    Not an obscene amount of money for a young man from a wealthy background.
    Actually I'm sure he could have purchased much more if he wanted.

Just wondering ;)

No just A4's and 3 series with high mileage.

No just A4's and 3 series with high mileage.

So are you masquerading as a foxy farmer now, ehhh. :D

So are you masquerading as a foxy farmer now, ehhh. :D

Don't forget the TDI Passat's!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Just wondering ;)

Young lads down here have all sorts. Audis Polos Corollas Golfs Clios.
    Saw a lad about 20 with a 2010 A4 back in January bought off DD. Who paid for it is anyone's guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

When I heard Gabriel Byrne held his wedding in ballymaloe I lost a good bit of respect for him

• Advertisement

Actually jmayo one of the young local drug dealers drives a Volvo V40 hatchback yoke.(Family car) at least in my day they'd have got S40 R with the chrome mirrors!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement