Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rachel Allen’s son arrested for €30,000 drugs seizure

Options

Comments

I’m just making a sausage and black pudding sandwich with lashings of Ballymsloe relish- want some?

I'll make the tea :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deusexmachina

Good night Visconti. You really take the biscuit.

Good night Visconti. You really take the biscuit.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

boardise wrote: »
    Been around the block myself a few times but by God I'm shaken when I see the bitterness and bile that's spewed out on this thread ...especially towards Rachel Allen . The fact that anyone chooses to make some sort of issue even out of the way she speaks is truly asinine . Then again -it doesn't take much intelligence to express pointless hatred.

welcome to unsocial media, there's a lot of self hating angry people out there that wish to drag others down to their level.

I don't have any convicted paedo's or drug dealers in my immediate or wider social circle or family.i'm above that level thank god.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Loveache

Everyone does thick things at 18. She was very honest about accepting and announcing that he's to take the blame, responsibility and punishment. Can't be easy seeing your young son like that. He's not to be viewed in the same light as his paedophile grandfather, it's totally different.
    That said, I don't think he should just get off with a warning because he's got a famous/ wealthy family. Intent to deal is bad, even if it is 'only' weed. Dealers wreck lives. Anto from Tallaght wouldn't be getting any favours and blind eyes turned for the same crime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Irish Kings

smurgen wrote: »
    I don't have any convicted paedo's or drug dealers in my immediate or wider social circle or family.i'm above that level thank god.

you mean yet, and you mean you think you are.

boardise wrote: »
    Been around the block myself a few times but by God I'm shaken when I see the bitterness and bile that's spewed out on this thread ...especially towards Rachel Allen . The fact that anyone chooses to make some sort of issue even out of the way she speaks is truly asinine . Then again -it doesn't take much intelligence to express pointless hatred.

You were the only person to bring up the way she speaks in this thread that i can remember,funny that.

you mean yet, and you mean you think you are.

What a completely bizarre thing to say.you sound quiet troubled.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Irish Kings

ah name calling. How original.
    You mentioned God. Ever thought about the phrase, there but for the grace of God go I ?

ah name calling. How original.
    You mentioned God. Ever thought about the phrase, there but for the grace of God go I ?

I have,i apply it to people enduring pain because of something they have absolutely no control over or have no hope of improving such as parents of special needs children or parents of kids with terminal illnesses.not parents of spoilt brats who didn't bother their holes to raise them properly and then being portrayed as some sort of victim due to trouble said brat got wrapped up in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭boardise

You were the only person to bring up the way she speaks in this thread that i can remember,funny that.

Check out posts no.5 and 69 .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,330 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Loveache wrote: »
    Everyone does thick things at 18. She was very honest about accepting and announcing that he's to take the blame, responsibility and punishment. Can't be easy seeing your young son like that. He's not to be viewed in the same light as his paedophile grandfather, it's totally different.
    That said, I don't think he should just get off with a warning because he's got a famous/ wealthy family. Intent to deal is bad, even if it is 'only' weed. Dealers wreck lives. Anto from Tallaght wouldn't be getting any favours and blind eyes turned for the same crime.

There's stupid, there's unbelievably stupid, and then there's ruining someone else's life. He was intending to deal this stuff, so he would have been affecting other people's lives-many of whom wouldn't have the money or means to not go to jail or get a very severe fine if they were caught with the substance.

The stupid stuff I did at 18 was drink beer with friends. I didn't break the law, nor did I have the intent to. I pretty much had parents that were like 'we'll disown you if you do drugs'.

The paedophilia thing I agree on, the drugs I don't.

No family, in my experience, has avoided that s**t. It crept into my extended family, it crept into my friend's family, it's ruined many other families. (One well to do family I know of lost their son to drugs-he committed suicide by overdose, having been unable to quit.).

• Registered Users Posts: 30,602 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

There's stupid, there's unbelievably stupid, and then there's ruining someone else's life. He was intending to deal this stuff, so he would have been affecting other people's lives-many of whom wouldn't have the money or means to not go to jail or get a very severe fine if they were caught with the substance.

The stupid stuff I did at 18 was drink beer with friends. I didn't break the law, nor did I have the intent to. I pretty much had parents that were like 'we'll disown you if you do drugs'.

The paedophilia thing I agree on, the drugs I don't.

No family, in my experience, has avoided that s**t. It crept into my extended family, it crept into my friend's family, it's ruined many other families. (One well to do family I know of lost their son to drugs-he committed suicide by overdose, having been unable to quit.).

When you buy or take illegal drugs tough you know you are committing a criminal offence. Nobody is forcing you to do it. You've a fair idea what will happen if you get caught. Nobody really fears getting caught tough with personal use. Sometimes the Gardai will just let you off and if it does go further you'll know the fine won't be severe.
    I know plenty of parents who said the same line as your parents and they've all took cocaine and smoked cannabis and drinking beers would friends wouldn't even be considered slightly stupid.
    You see places in the states legalising it and countries in Europe and you say what's the harm. Posts on here they are generally in favor of cannabis for personal use and how it's a lot safer than alcohol. So, I can see why people decide to break the law.

When you buy or take illegal drugs tough you know you are committing a criminal offence. Nobody is forcing you to do it. You've a fair idea what will happen if you get caught. Nobody really fears getting caught tough with personal use. Sometimes the Gardai will just let you off and if it does go further you'll know the fine won't be severe.
    I know plenty of parents who said the same line as your parents and they've all took cocaine and smoked cannabis and drinking beers would friends wouldn't even be considered slightly stupid.
    You see places in the states legalising it and countries in Europe and you say what's the harm. Posts on here they are generally in favor of cannabis for personal use and how it's a lot safer than alcohol. So, I can see why people decide to break the law.

(I think this post needs an edit, it's a bit mangled for my liking).

In the majority of cases in life, nobody forces anybody to do anything. The rare exception when they do, it's generally a crime. (Rape, for example-where force is used to violate someone's body). As you said, 'sometimes'-sometimes the guards will let you off. But that's rare-most often it's a conviction and it's going on your record. You might get a severe fine, or you might get community service. Good luck getting work at home or abroad with that, as it won't say 'caught with cannabis'. It will say 'drugs'.
    (Someone I know was caught with a flake of cannabis on his jacket, a guard spotted it. When they did the blood and urine test, he was screwed. He's been stuck in dead end jobs since).

Oh my parents didn't just say it, they meant it (My family, and extended family hold grudges for years, decades even. My dad didn't talk at all to at least two of his brothers because of some serious aggravation in the past. Cousin's don't talk to their parents. One of my mom's sister's didn't talk to my uncle, her brother, for about 5 years). And many more people I know did disown their kids. They're not allowed inside the house, with a scant visit from a brother or sister to wherever they are living.

The studies into cannabis use varied, but the harm has been studied. The UK once partially decriminalised it, then went back on that. There have been a number of studies that have linked cannabis to paranoia, depression, and other problems, and early usage can lead to addiction, similar to alcohol.
    There's also been extensive studies into the links between Cannabis and psychotic disorders.

The studies about legalising it are more regarding the cannabis oil which doesn't have the drug effects of cannabis itsself.

(I think this post needs an edit, it's a bit mangled for my liking).

In the majority of cases in life, nobody forces anybody to do anything. The rare exception when they do, it's generally a crime. (Rape, for example-where force is used to violate someone's body). As you said, 'sometimes'-sometimes the guards will let you off. But that's rare-most often it's a conviction and it's going on your record. You might get a severe fine, or you might get community service. Good luck getting work at home or abroad with that, as it won't say 'caught with cannabis'. It will say 'drugs'.
    (Someone I know was caught with a flake of cannabis on his jacket, a guard spotted it. When they did the blood and urine test, he was screwed. He's been stuck in dead end jobs since).

Oh my parents didn't just say it, they meant it (My family, and extended family hold grudges for years, decades even. My dad didn't talk at all to at least two of his brothers because of some serious aggravation in the past. Cousin's don't talk to their parents. One of my mom's sister's didn't talk to my uncle, her brother, for about 5 years). And many more people I know did disown their kids. They're not allowed inside the house, with a scant visit from a brother or sister to wherever they are living.

The studies into cannabis use varied, but the harm has been studied. The UK once partially decriminalised it, then went back on that. There have been a number of studies that have linked cannabis to paranoia, depression, and other problems, and early usage can lead to addiction, similar to alcohol.
    There's also been extensive studies into the links between Cannabis and psychotic disorders.

The studies about legalising it are more regarding the cannabis oil which doesn't have the drug effects of cannabis itsself.

I am happy with how I wrote my post.
    Everybody I know knows the risks of taking cannabis or other drugs.. Between SPHE and people coming talking to you at school.. You know risks about getting a criminal record/not being able to travel/getting work/etc. Yet people still continue to do it. I know doctors, nurses, Gardai, builders, teachers, shop workers who all smoked cannabis at college or later on in life and they knew what could happen if they met a strict Guard and the other side effects of what could happen. People take drugs knowing all these scary risks you listed.
    I don't really know what to say regarding your family and holding grudges/not talking to people.All I could really say it must be strange knowing you'll be disowned over something but going by your post your family members still did the wrong thing because they were cut off. So, it doesn't really work.(If that makes sense)
    Studies into cannabis is varied I will give you that but studies into alcohol clearly shows it's dangerous for us but our government won't make it illegal.

I am happy with how I wrote my post.
    Everybody I know knows the risks of taking cannabis or other drugs.. Between SPHE and people coming talking to you at school.. You know risks about getting a criminal record/not being able to travel/getting work/etc. Yet people still continue to do it. I know doctors, nurses, Gardai, builders, teachers, shop workers who all smoked cannabis at college or later on in life and they knew what could happen if they met a strict Guard and the other side effects of what could happen. People take drugs knowing all these scary risks you listed.
    I don't really know what to say regarding your family and holding grudges/not talking to people.All I could really say it must be strange knowing you'll be disowned over something but going by your post your family members still did the wrong thing because they were cut off. So, it doesn't really work.(If that makes sense)
    Studies into cannabis is varied I will give you that but studies into alcohol clearly shows it's dangerous for us but our government won't make it illegal.

If they are doctors, nurses, or teachers, I would not hesitate to call them quite stupid for putting their careers at risk. Many places have a zero tolerance on these things.
    The difference between them and this Allen kid is they didn't buy an estimated (because estimates can be off by a marathon mile) 30 grand worth of drugs to sell.

The grievances in my family ranged from money, to arguments, to major falling outs, to nasty arguments when things shouldn't have been said but were. Other times, the disowning was either related to lifestyle choices (nothing regarding sexuality, tend to be very liberal on that. Moreso choices of partner) or job choices-and it was usually the kids who disowned their parents. There were no disownings over drugs-more so bad business, and the like.

I know quite a few (not related to me) who were disowned for things like drugs and alcohol, and hanging with the wrong crowd.
    Most people I know who did or do take drugs started in secondary school.
    And if we're talking about policing stupidity or dangerous acts-well, that's beyond the scope of a government.

No, they won't make it illegal-but they are able to police it. It's far more difficult to police cannabis. While the side-effects may linger for days, it generally doesn't stay in the system for long. And is much harder to test for.

If they are doctors, nurses, or teachers, I would not hesitate to call them quite stupid for putting their careers at risk. Many places have a zero tolerance on these things.
    The difference between them and this Allen kid is they didn't buy an estimated (because estimates can be off by a marathon mile) 30 grand worth of drugs to sell.

The grievances in my family ranged from money, to arguments, to major falling outs, to nasty arguments when things shouldn't have been said but were. Other times, the disowning was either related to lifestyle choices (nothing regarding sexuality, tend to be very liberal on that. Moreso choices of partner) or job choices-and it was usually the kids who disowned their parents. There were no disownings over drugs-more so bad business, and the like.

I know quite a few (not related to me) who were disowned for things like drugs and alcohol, and hanging with the wrong crowd.
    Most people I know who did or do take drugs started in secondary school.
    And if we're talking about policing stupidity or dangerous acts-well, that's beyond the scope of a government.

No, they won't make it illegal-but they are able to police it. It's far more difficult to police cannabis. While the side-effects may linger for days, it generally doesn't stay in the system for long. And is much harder to test for.

I'm not comparing casual drug users to the Allan Kid.
    I would never take much notice of the Gardai street value either. It's generally way off.
    The only time you'd ever really get tested for drug use would be if you were involved in a serious Road Accident or if you had a job that required drug testing and your not going to sign up to employment in one of these places if you enjoy the odd joint.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭aroundthehouse

It looks to me that the Allen kids were/are spoiled rotten and its ruined them, from an article i read, the lad caught with the drugs didnt finish school and was living in his own house and drove a fancy car despite not actually doing anything for work, its not good for a young lad not to have some stability and discipline in their life and it seems he turned to drug dealing

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Visconti wrote: »
    This should be simple nobody should buy from a brand with a convicted paedophile at the helm, anyone who does not disown a paedophile has a dubious moral compass..........

To say the absolute least!
    Do you buy from supermarkets that sell these brands?.

Yes.
    Do you ever have a Ballymaloe product in a resteraunt?.

No.
    Do you ever buy a supermarket own branded item that might be produced by Ballymaloe?.

Not knowingly. If I found out I was doing so , I would stop.

Do you eat in resterunts/cafe/etc where the staff have often trained at Ballymaloe or often doing refresher courses..

I don't know. If the restaurant made a point of mentioning it, then I wouldn't eat there.
    If you were really serious about the matter you'd boycott these business and let them know why.

I boycott the business headed up by the paedo. I'm happy enough with that.

I wouldn't pay to see R. Kelly but I feel no need to boycott spotify!
    Visconti wrote: »
    I have to be honest you are coming across as semi obsessed with them thats the way your are looking in my opinion.
    Something just not right about you.

And the understatement of the year award goes to (drum roll please).......Visconti:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,234 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

It looks to me that the Allen kids were/are spoiled rotten and its ruined them, from an article i read, the lad caught with the drugs didnt finish school and was living in his own house and drove a fancy car despite not actually doing anything for work, its not good for a young lad not to have some stability and discipline in their life and it seems he turned to drug dealing

Someone has seen sense and changed the settings on the young lads Facebook page. At the time the story broke, it was completely public and there was photo's of him with cans and joints going back 5 or 6 years... what kind of parent doesn't monitor and check that behaviour is the question I would ask.

• Advertisement

PARlance wrote: »
    Someone has seen sense and changed the settings on the young lads Facebook page. At the time the story broke, it was completely public and there was photo's of him with cans and joints going back 5 or 6 years... what kind of parent doesn't monitor and check that behaviour is the question I would ask.

well said.... it was a disaster waiting to happen, the difference between him and other kids his age is he obviously has access to cash that he didnt work for and too much time on his hands, most kids his age are too busy in school/college and working part time jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭shafty100

What about her restaurant using the disabled parking space for their wheeliebins ,great publicity for a new restaurant.then she got a big article in the echo looking for the public to financially fund her younger sons cart and f4 racing through a go fund me page , im thinking did joshua borrow the money from his brother to buy his load of dope

shafty100 wrote: »
    What about her restaurant using the disabled parking space for their wheeliebins ,great publicity for a new restaurant.then she got a big article in the echo looking for the public to financially fund her younger sons cart and f4 racing through a go fund me page , im thinking did joshua borrow the money from his brother to buy his load of dope

These people belong in Hollywood

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

Giving kids everything gives them no drive or motivation to do well for themselves...quite the opposite in fact, but as I've seen time and time again in wealthy families one generation kill themselves making it, the next keeping it and the third blowing it..... I think it's because the third generation have **** all appreciation for how hard grandparents worked or how much challenge they faced to make it in the first place. That simple grunt and work ethic is lost on.thr third generation born with a silver spoon in mouth....

well said.... it was a disaster waiting to happen, the difference between him and other kids his age is he obviously has access to cash that he didnt work for and too much time on his hands, most kids his age are too busy in school/college and working part time jobs

A PR disaster more like. He comes across as a complete idiot, tbh, but then again-the Allens' weren't known for being bright, were they?

Not everyone in life goes after further education, mind-some train up working and training on the job, others go into work(despite media promotion, you'll find many who finish school and then go to work or trades. Academics is not for everyone, for a multitude of reasons). For things like technology, software and so on, you often have to be stuck in the middle of things-otherwise you find yourself with outdated skillsets.

So I wasn't shocked when her sons were like 'pursuing other things'. When 'other things' were partying and doing drugs, then that's just wasting your life.
    screamer wrote: »
    Giving kids everything gives them no drive or motivation to do well for themselves...quite the opposite in fact, but as I've seen time and time again in wealthy families one generation kill themselves making it, the next keeping it and the third blowing it..... I think it's because the third generation have **** all appreciation for how hard grandparents worked or how much challenge they faced to make it in the first place. That simple grunt and work ethic is lost on.thr third generation born with a silver spoon in mouth....

The worst thing is, this kind of guy is never going to get a wake up call, unless something bad happens to him. And this isn't going to give him a wake-up call...far from it, considering the lifestyle he's used to.

It's going to take something drastic, and I mean drastic, to make him fix his s**t.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Mojo Hand

Nice piece in the Journal about kids pooling their money together to buy gear and the poor buyer getting caught and taking the rap for the lot. A conspiracy theorist might think it was nice timing

Mojo Hand wrote: »
    Nice piece in the Journal about kids pooling their money together to buy gear and the poor buyer getting caught and taking the rap for the lot. A conspiracy theorist might think it was nice timing

Have you got a link?

I rarely go near the Journal anymore. It's so much of a safe space-it's no allowance for a wrong think.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lonewolf1961

Fook him into the joy ... He won,t do it again ...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Fook him into the joy ... He won,t do it again ...

By jaysus I think you've got it - nobody ever reoffends after coming out of there!

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement