Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rachel Allen’s son arrested for €30,000 drugs seizure

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

some spot for a house party though!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,455 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Rachel is making some weed cakes on the Today show with M&D. I like the idea of a dash of sherry in them to counteract the tratness of the weed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭aroundthehouse

AllForIt wrote: »
    Rachel is making some weed cakes on the Today show with M&D. I like the idea of a dash of sherry in them to counteract the tratness of the weed.

Joshua sent up a 9 spot for Daithi

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Joshua sent up a 9 spot for Daithi

9 spot, lol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

I think we can all agree that a good old toe up the hole and being told to go back to school would have been a cheaper option than paying solicitors and publicists to make this go away.

screamer wrote: »
    Giving kids everything gives them no drive or motivation to do well for themselves...quite the opposite in fact, but as I've seen time and time again in wealthy families one generation kill themselves making it, the next keeping it and the third blowing it..... I think it's because the third generation have **** all appreciation for how hard grandparents worked or how much challenge they faced to make it in the first place. That simple grunt and work ethic is lost on.thr third generation born with a silver spoon in mouth....

So very very true. Lesson to be learned; 3rd generation need to be deliberately restricted in means by parents (set up a trust to mature in much later life), no luxuries except likes of educational holidays only (eg arctic adventures etc etc where vslue of planet is learned), being sent to work part-time in another catering outlet and telling the boss to be realistically hard/kind with lad, Money is very basic pocket money, then instead what is earned part-time, any further money contingent upon successfully doing at least a basic pass in a course of lad’s choice outside Ballymaloe.

Visconti wrote: »
    Tell us the full story as I dont believe you.
    There is a story which would tend to change the minds of people who hear it, to make them more sympathetic towards the Allens; I've heard it, it's pretty much an open secret.

Is it true? Not sure. I will say this, it's one that the family itself wouldn't have made up, you can be sure of that.

There is a story which would tend to change the minds of people who hear it, to make them more sympathetic towards the Allens; I've heard it, it's pretty much an open secret.

Is it true? Not sure. I will say this, it's one that the family itself wouldn't have made up, you can be sure of that.

*engages curtain twitching nosey auld wan mode*

I am all ears :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Visconti wrote: »
    Tell us the full story as I dont believe you.

Is this just the Tim Allen covering for his son.

Nope

• Advertisement

Ballymaloe Cranberry Sauce is 3.35 right now in shops.

I think this gets cheaper closer to Christmas- anyone have any past Christmas prices?
    Might be good to do a compare and contrast.

Christmas Turkey not the same without Ballymaloe Cranberry Sauce- but not at any price.

Ballymaloe is an Irish Family Food Company-Whatever that means- it says so on the jar- so it must be true.

5099229000453_3.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 30,602 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'll never forget the Christmas I worked in Tesco. The amount of Ballymaloe sauces they sold was crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

I'll never forget the Christmas I worked in Tesco. The amount of Ballymaloe sauces they sold was crazy.

I'm a Chivers woman meself for donkey's years when it cones to the cranberry sauce.

Have had to resort to making me own Mint jelly at Christmas since Colman's stopped doing their delicious concoction and the Ballymaloe variety is not to my satisfaction.

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    I'm a Chivers woman meself for donkey's years when it cones to the cranberry sauce.

Have had to resort to making me own Mint jelly at Christmas since Colman's stopped doing their delicious concoction and the Ballymaloe variety is not to my satisfaction.

I used to be Chivers but I changed. :o

Sorry Chivers. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

That does answer my question sorry about the post being jumbled.
    I think my main point was you don't really know how you'll react until it actually happens in my experience.

Like I said, I have personal experiences that have greatly informed my opinion. I do actually know how I would react.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,330 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

*engages curtain twitching nosey auld wan mode*

I am all ears :D

Ditto, you can DM me the tale.
    So very very true. Lesson to be learned; 3rd generation need to be deliberately restricted in means by parents (set up a trust to mature in much later life), no luxuries except likes of educational holidays only (eg arctic adventures etc etc where vslue of planet is learned), being sent to work part-time in another catering outlet and telling the boss to be realistically hard/kind with lad, Money is very basic pocket money, then instead what is earned part-time, any further money contingent upon successfully doing at least a basic pass in a course of lad’s choice outside Ballymaloe.

Even just put him to work, make him earn money and pay off the legal fees. He could very well work his way up the ladder in a restaurant outside of Ballymaloe.
    Allow him means to pay for fuel, his insurance, and food-from what he earns.

It just seems like he was allowed run rampant.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Ditto, you can DM me the tal...

I too, would be interested in this! :cool:

Is this just the Tim Allen covering for his son.

Nope

Tim Allen was covering for his son who was the real pedo? na, why the heck would he do that?

please do tell i am intrigued

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

PM me the story too or post it here.
    I heard from a local years ago that Tim took the blame for a family member. The local said this was the belief of the locsls who knew the family.
    This would explain the family support for Tim Allen, the family were badly advised at the time. They should have stayed away from the court completely.
    The family learnt nothing. Rachel should have said absolutely nothing to the media, by going into such detail about what happened she three her DS to the wolves. This was a matter for the Gardai and justice will be done eventually in public, she should have told the media to clear off.

• Advertisement

tretorn wrote: »
    PM me the story too or post it here.
    I heard from a local years ago that Tim took the blame for a family member. The local said this was the belief of the locsls who knew the family.
    This would explain the family support for Tim Allen, the family were badly advised at the time. They should have stayed away from the court completely.
    The family learnt nothing. Rachel should have said absolutely nothing to the media, by going into such detail about what happened she three her DS to the wolves. This was a matter for the Gardai and justice will be done eventually in public, she should have told the media to clear off.

i dont get it, why would tim take the rap for someone else? unless it would have affected their branding even more than if it was tim....

• Registered Users Posts: 52,014 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Loads of posters have suggested that Tim took the blame for a younger family member. It might be true but it could also suggest a cunning plot to save him from family expulsion while still protecting the guilty party.
    I for one am not buying that unless someone can relay a convincing story.

Loads of posters have suggested that Tim took the blame for a younger family member. It might be true but it could also suggest a cunning plot to save him from family expulsion while still protecting the guilty party.
    I for one am not buying that unless someone can relay a convincing story.

the only thing i could think of that it was isaac who was the pedo and as rachel was the rising star of the ballymaloe brand, it would hurt them more than it being tim so tim was made take the rap...it also may explain why they let the kids do what they wanted over the guilt of the father and maybe rachel wanted them to get away....i dont know i'm only speculating and it sounds far fetched

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

I waiting for a murder actually all the family needs at this stage. Then a book after a movie etc......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

But what the proponents of the "Tim the Hero" story seem to forget is that the heroic Tim first tried to blame one of his employees, only when that failed did he put his own hand up.

He's a scummy old perv, nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

But what the proponents of the "Tim the Hero" story seem to forget is that the heroic Tim first tried to blame one of his employees, only when that failed did he put his own hand up.

He's a scummy old perv, nothing else.

The also forget the evidence.such as credit card payments and the old scumbag guding his missus the the horrible printouts in his office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭zapitastas

I think the hard part to explain away is that his credit card was being used to purchase photos of child sexual abuse. Not a once off purchase but over a period of time. The covering for someone else doesn't hold water

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

the only thing i could think of that it was isaac who was the pedo and as rachel was the rising star of the ballymaloe brand, it would hurt them more than it being tim so tim was made take the rap...it also may explain why they let the kids do what they wanted over the guilt of the father and maybe rachel wanted them to get away....i dont know i'm only speculating and it sounds far fetched

Youve got it backwards.

Rachel HAD to become the rising star because Tim was caught out. The Garda investigation on his activities was going on long before the media was reporting on it. When the Allens knew the game was up with Tim they moved to push Rachel into prime position because they knew Darina would stay with him and thus be no good to them for tv etc for some time. So Rachel was on the up and up before we all knew about Tim, but not before the Allens did.

....... wrote: »
    Youve got it backwards.

Rachel HAD to become the rising star because Tim was caught out. The Garda investigation on his activities was going on long before the media was reporting on it. When the Allens knew the game was up with Tim they moved to push Rachel into prime position because they knew Darina would stay with him and thus be no good to them for tv etc for some time. So Rachel was on the up and up before we all knew about Tim, but not before the Allens did.

it wouldnt surprise me if isaac was gay and he was made marry rachel for the brand.... she was probably hand picked by darina, only my speculation of course

• Advertisement

....... wrote: »
    Youve got it backwards.

Why do people refer to strangers by their first names?

You'd swear some people were describing the plot to some daytime soap-opera. I'm not sure what inspires such apparent infatuation with this family.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement