Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rachel Allen’s son arrested for €30,000 drugs seizure

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

Visconti wrote: »
    Here here here here

where? where? where? where?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hear,_hear

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭shafty100

Over 13k is allegdly min 10years mandatory sentence,but the special people are usually exempt from extremeties of the law.will there be special mitigating circumstances ? There was also a small amount of coke plus he faces 6 separate charges. An interesting case ,personally i thing he will get a custodial sentence,well i think he deserves it

• Registered Users Posts: 30,602 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Closing this for the moment as the matter now before the courts.
    I'll discuss this with the other mods and it may be reopened later.

Thread reopened!

Mod noteMoved from After Hours to Curent Affairs. Please follow local guidelines.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/rachel-allens-son-joshua-will-spend-christmas-in-drug-addiction-treatment-centre-after-being-released-on-bail-38738768.html

Sounds like he has been sent do a nice B&B (Obviously bor failte Ireland approved). Nothing like a week in the 'Joy to give you a dose of cold turkey. Nothing like bang off the skutter out of Damo from Dolphins Barn coming off the skag to give you a dose of reality!

Probably Tabor lodge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

He had hash or weed right? It's legal where live. Leave him off

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Will they send a Ballymaloe hamper to him for Christmas Day?

Will they send a Ballymaloe hamper to him for Christmas Day?

You mean after he gets the munchies? Not likely after you get cold turkey on christmas day.

• Advertisement

The addiction angle is likely integral to the defence case. It's not heroin or crack cocaine he's allegedly addicted to I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

how do they agree a value, if I read it correctly he had 22k streetvalue that he bought for 2k.Thats some markup.

how do they agree a value, if I read it correctly he had 22k streetvalue that he bought for 2k.Thats some markup.

He's a "Business man", I would imagine he had a good network.

Augeo wrote: »
    The addiction angle is likely integral to the defence case. It's not heroin or crack cocaine he's allegedly addicted to I imagine.

The auld Howard Marks defence (a dealer is just someone who has more than they can smoke), cuts no ice when there clearly need to a tough position taken. Parents are as guilty as the young lad for letting it get that far.

Probably Tabor lodge.

You mean Butlins? Should be sent to the Salt mines in Russia for a spell.

You mean after he gets the munchies? Not likely after you get cold turkey on christmas day.

As with all prisoners in the State he will will be served a cracking good dinner on the day. Looks like it is a private facility so even better again.

I get your cold turkey reference too ha ha :p

As with all prisoners in the State he will will be served a cracking good dinner on the day. Looks like it is a private facility so even better again.

I get your cold turkey reference too ha ha :p

Calm down, Calm down, reight. ITs ok the mammy is paying for it so the granny doesnt have a fuppin canary before chrismas. IT would totally put you off the mince pies. Whoospie daisy

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Well how many addicts would have 22,000 worth ?

I now regret not looking more closely at the gardens and fields the time my missus dragged me to visit the place.

I reckon hidden in the herb plant foliage was some interesting plants courtesy of this young lad.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

According to the law it is a mandatory 10 year prison sentence for that amount of drugs. Im not sure if any judge has ever imposed that law since it was introduced. The 20 week stint in drug rehab is clearly an attempt to get his prison sentence cut or dropped altogether.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    According to the law it is a mandatory 10 year prison sentence for that amount of drugs. Im not sure if any judge has ever imposed that law since it was introduced. The 20 week stint in drug rehab is clearly an attempt to get his prison sentence cut or dropped altogether.

Imagine a soft pudgy private school boy (or what little he did), would fare in the 'joy? The Judge would happily give him 10 years if it would would happen but due to over crowding he would be in at 9 am and given a cell by 10 and out at 12.

Its not like this was a lucky discovery by Gardai and the Drug Squad. They knew about him and gave him fair cease and desist warnings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Well he admitted importing similar quantities of drugs on four other occasions, Id say it was a lot more than that as he was at it for several years.

On sentencing it is like the judges know the prison system doesnt have enough capacity so they just had out short sentences.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

He has basically served a sentence longer than most people who commit a similar crime. He is definitely not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Getting caught the way he did takes a high level of stupidity.

He doesn't strike me as someone who has the Kinahan's looking over their shoulders in worry. Slap on the wrist and a promise not to do it again should be good enough for him.

He obviously thought that the foodie business was not going to be rich enough for him.

He obviously thought that the foodie business was not going to be rich enough for him.

Working in food is a tough business. Its three years to train, crap money and mentor under some nasty sadist. Working over Christmas, hot stuff kitchens, no thanks, constant abuse. By some miracle you work your way up the food chain to get a restaurant or gastro pub. Then you have banks chasing you and customers who wont pay bills. Feck that crap I am going making E's in the bath tub at home.

This is a case of parents who were to lenient and gave hi every toy in the toy box. Dont anyone start with the Autism defence. Loads of people I know have autism and have no criminal convictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,526 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Ballymaloe will train you in 3 months if you have €11K to hand over.
    That's for cooking, not making Es or Crystal Meth.

Water John wrote: »

Yes it does. That qualification is for wealthy corporate housewives. The real qualification they want to see in industry is the Level 6/7 in professional catering from CERT/Failte Ireland/FETAC and of course plenty of experience at the coal face.

Those are post graduate qualifications.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,149 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Heisenberg says Let's cook he ain't making relish

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Yes it does. That qualification is for wealthy corporate housewives. The real qualification they want to see in industry is the Level 6/7 in professional catering from CERT/Failte Ireland/FETAC and of course plenty of experience at the coal face.

Nah, I know three people that have done it, and they all work in the food industry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,526 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Kilkenny do one for half the money. You're buying a name.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement