Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rachel Allen’s son arrested for €30,000 drugs seizure

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,325 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Working in food is a tough business. Its three years to train, crap money and mentor under some nasty sadist. Working over Christmas, hot stuff kitchens, no thanks, constant abuse. By some miracle you work your way up the food chain to get a restaurant or gastro pub. Then you have banks chasing you and customers who wont pay bills. Feck that crap I am going making E's in the bath tub at home.

This is a case of parents who were to lenient and gave hi every toy in the toy box. Dont anyone start with the Autism defence. Loads of people I know have autism and have no criminal convictions.

I dont think he would have had to endure all the abuse most chefs do while training, the same way price harry didnt when he was "in the Army"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

11k for a three month course, they must be coining it down there. At least the Cork pheasants should be safe this Xmas day

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Any comment from granpappy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

I assume he is a virgin given that women are only attracted to moral men, isn't that right? Like hell, I could spend my entire sunday kneeling on the church floor praying and my evenings giving out food to the homeless and I would still die a virgin. Take my own cousin for example, big tall 20 year old who did drugs, he even stole his mothers blood pressure meds and he has girlfriend. I shouldn't let it get it to me, I am listening to doom metal tonight to help me forget about the wretchedness and unfairness of this world.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Working in food is a tough business. Its three years to train, crap money and mentor under some nasty sadist. Working over Christmas, hot stuff kitchens, no thanks, constant abuse. By some miracle you work your way up the food chain to get a restaurant or gastro pub. Then you have banks chasing you and customers who wont pay bills. Feck that crap I am going making E's in the bath tub at home.

This is a case of parents who were to lenient and gave hi every toy in the toy box. Dont anyone start with the Autism defence. Loads of people I know have autism and have no criminal convictions.

He would never have had to peel a spud in his life if he didn't want to. There's a multi million Euro family business there that he could have joined, with a brand name and all the luvvie connections you need for appearances on RTE or the Weekend sections of the IT and Indo.

He decided that was too much work and would take too long to make money so he went for the drug trade route. Not the first kid of rich parents to do this, won't be the last.

It's his choice to live like this, he's over 18 so can sit the time out, the rehab clinic is a fop to get him a reduced sentence, most families can't afford that. He'll be let out over Christmas as well to spend time at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Water John wrote: »
    Kilkenny do one for half the money. You're buying a name.

Yeah, you are buying a name. But that's how a lot of things work in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Who has claimed Joshua has autism? His mother has discussed his dyslexia publically in the past but afaik she has never said he has autism.
    Personally I think, as a parent, at his age I'd have been less concerned with his dyslexia once he was out of school and more with where his income stream was coming from, considering he didn't seem to have a proper job to fund himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,056 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

KevRossi wrote: »
    He would never have had to peel a spud in his life if he didn't want to. There's a multi million Euro family business there that he could have joined, with a brand name and all the luvvie connections you need for appearances on RTE or the Weekend sections of the IT and Indo.

He decided that was too much work and would take too long to make money so he went for the drug trade route. Not the first kid of rich parents to do this, won't be the last.

It's his choice to live like this, he's over 18 so can sit the time out, the rehab clinic is a fop to get him a reduced sentence, most families can't afford that. He'll be let out over Christmas as well to spend time at home.

i don't think it's that simple

i don't think it's that simple

Care to expand on what you do think?

Call me Al wrote: »
    Care to expand on what you do think?

it usually isn't entrepreneurial reasons young children of successful stock get involved, as mentioned earlier he wouldn't need to. It's can be an absolute pain in the h0le to be a member of a successful family if you're not going to play the game, and it can have psychological affects. If he learned to cook and smiled for the cameras and got media training he'd be rich, but as i said it's not that simple, inside he could be seething to be one of the family, and let's face it no child deserves the backlash from a pervy paedo related family member. So a narcotic journey is a possibility. many people experiment and then leave and get on with their lives, many stay involved. there is a possibility drug use becomes self medication. Then you start looking at how to get more cheaper and if you have money you can invest in the trade. This guy strikes me as having a few issues and money. He probably didn't set out to be dealer it's just one thing after another.
    or else he's just an entitled little sh1t. only a psychologist can answer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Possibly, but he didn’t have to be front of house either. Plenty of work involved with Ballymaloe with management, marketing, purchasing, logistics etc

If he didn’t want to join the family business then nothing wrong with that. The family are wealthy enough to support him studying to be something else.

Maybe there is other stuff in the background, maybe the family wouldn’t support him on another career path. Or maybe they decided not to hand him everything on a silver platter and said he needs to start at the bottom, he decided he wanted more cash a bit quicker and went into drug dealing.

Hard to say, hope he learns his lesson and it doesn’t have a life long affect on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Muahahaha wrote: »
    According to the law it is a mandatory 10 year prison sentence for that amount of drugs. Im not sure if any judge has ever imposed that law since it was introduced. The 20 week stint in drug rehab is clearly an attempt to get his prison sentence cut or dropped altogether.

How can a judge not impose a mandatory sentence?

I think 10 years for possession of any amount of cannabis is insane btw, i'm not saying he should do 10 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Who has claimed Joshua has autism? His mother has discussed his dyslexia publically in the past but afaik she has never said he has autism.
    Personally I think, as a parent, at his age I'd have been less concerned with his dyslexia once he was out of school and more with where his income stream was coming from, considering he didn't seem to have a proper job to fund himself.

Dyslexia is covered under the ASD diagnosis. I dont think he has it, I think he is just a lazy bugger.

I think 10 years for possession of any amount of cannabis is insane btw, i'm not saying he should do 10 years.

Its not for any amount, its for intent to supply

pgj2015 wrote: »
    I dont think he would have had to endure all the abuse most chefs do while training, the same way price harry didnt when he was "in the Army"

Harry, William and Andrew did their time the hard way and were all helicopter pilots. That takes hard work. Charles and Edward are the only one I know of in a prestigious regiment that never had to do any hard graft.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,058 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Food Network were repeating an old Paul Hollywood show where Rachel Allen was the guest. Talking about how he got annoyed at being called Joshie as it was childish. Probably not *that* old, shows how quickly things change.

KevRossi wrote: »

He isnt that smart to keep a clean nose. That has been proven already with an unimpressed judge. Once he is back in East cork he will be hooking up with his old crew. They are going to try and ship him off to another cooking school overseas but the same problem will reemerge

Dyslexia is covered under the ASD diagnosis. I dont think he has it, I think he is just a lazy bugger.

I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say dyslexia is covered under the ASD diagnosis. People who are dyslexic are not necessarily autistic.
    It's quite possible thats he's both dyslexic and lazy. They're not mutually exclusive. And his dyslexia would not excuse any amount of laziness he might have.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Its not for any amount, its for intent to supply

I mean it as in , if he had a ton of it 10 years would still be harsh, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

My sister in law did the Ballymaloe cookery school; loved lots of it, hated other parts. It's basically a year as an apprentice rammed into three months. Several of the supposed students were rich kids who had been dumped onto the course by their exasperated parents to force them to get qualified for something and they were carried along by the regular students and always "graduated", even if they could barely boil an egg. Several of the students were on their second or third go, as, quite simply, they didnt want to go into the grinder that is restaurant work, so they simply bumped along, kept going by wealthy parents. The Allens run a very tight ship; behind all the smiley faces, they are flint-hard business people and nothing is wasted or discarded and they will argue the toss with suppliers but, it has been said, they pay on the nail, which is why suppliers keep coming back to them. They have grafted hard for their success and intend to stay that way, which is why alleged paedos and druggie sons won't stop the machine from continuing to run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

My gawd, have they not suffered enough. A teenager made some very stupid mistakes, broke his families hearts and will hopefully now make amends and save his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

AFAIK it is in law that if you're caught with more than 13k worth of drugs it is a 10 year 'mandatory' sentence. Though in a most Irish way the judges can allow for 'exceptional circumstances' to not impose it, which they rarely ever do because there is always 'exceptional circumstances' that they will accept.
    . If he learned to cook and smiled for the cameras and got media training he'd be rich, but as i said it's not that simple, inside he could be seething to be one of the family, and let's face it no child deserves the backlash from a pervy paedo related family member. So a narcotic journey is a possibility. many people experiment and then leave and get on with their lives, many stay involved. there is a possibility drug use becomes self medication.

Very good point, its easy to forget that when Joshua was growing up and going to school locally he likely has had years of other kids telling him his grandad is a paedo. Its not hard to see how that could lead him to rejecting his family and rebelling against them.

Is the other son Lucas still trying to become a Formula 1 driver? Best of luck to him in that because while the Allens might be wealthy they are not hundreds of millions wealthy that most families of Formula 1 drivers are these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Harry, William and Andrew did their time the hard way and were all helicopter pilots. That takes hard work. Charles and Edward are the only one I know of in a prestigious regiment that never had to do any hard graft.

Eddie had to do a lot of hard graft as part of his royal marines training. Probably why he dropped out.

I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say dyslexia is covered under the ASD diagnosis. People who are dyslexic are not necessarily autistic.
    It's quite possible thats he's both dyslexic and lazy. They're not mutually exclusive. And his dyslexia would not excuse any amount of laziness he might have.

You will often find people on the Autistic spectrum, some of their lesser difficulties are Dyslexia and Dyspraxia. I believe rather than clarifying things the ASD diagnosis muddles the water for everyone. I suspect that the defence team will try and use this to lessen the responsibility ("the big boys made me do it"), which is not the case. This guy knew well what he was doing.
    I fully agree the real fault is over doting parents and not enough responsibility being shown.

Eddie had to do a lot of hard graft as part of his royal marines training. Probably why he dropped out.

Y'know Charles is an officer in the Paras?!!?! I mean WTF were they thinking!!! I wouldnt follow him in a breakfast buffet much less out a plane. That thing with Edward and the marines never lasted long and he seems to have left public life.

Chinasea wrote: »
    My gawd, have they not suffered enough. A teenager made some very stupid mistakes, broke his families hearts and will hopefully now make amends and save his life.

A stupid mistake is trying to buy a bag of weed from a cop. That was buying drugs with intent to supply. He was given warnings from the Gardai to cease and desist. It is a result of too much time on his hands and not enough to do.

Who lets their son drop out of school with no qualification at 15? It was a kick up the ass he needed.

I'd play in various bands around the place and some gigs are impossible now with the amount of coke going around, and i include the GAA dances in this! Litterally everyone running to the jax for a snort and not taking part in the festivities.
    It's not a music drug by any means!

and these are not urban clubs by the way they're not even villages!

It's an epidemic

i usually like and can chat away with recreational users but coke is a different ball game!! absolute cnts the lot of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Y'know Charles is an officer in the Paras?!!?! I mean WTF were they thinking!!! I wouldnt follow him in a breakfast buffet much less out a plane. That thing with Edward and the marines never lasted long and he seems to have left public life.

I bet charlie never passed P company.

Stovepipe wrote: »
    It's basically a year as an apprentice rammed into three months. Several of the supposed students were rich kids who had been dumped onto the course by their exasperated parents to force them to get qualified for something and they were carried along by the regular students and always "graduated", even if they could barely boil an egg. Several of the students were on their second or third go, as, quite simply, they didnt want to go into the grinder that is restaurant work, so they simply bumped along, kept going by wealthy parents.

The Allens run a very tight ship; behind all the smiley faces, they are flint-hard business people and nothing is wasted or discarded and they will argue the toss with suppliers but, it has been said, they pay on the nail, which is why suppliers keep coming back to them. They have grafted hard for their success and intend to stay that way, which is why alleged paedos and druggie sons won't stop the machine from continuing to run.

Yeah that is what I guessed it was, rich corporate house wives and Kids who hadnt a clue what with their lives.

I also heard that about paying (Thank you Conrad Gallagher). Its tough to get paid from the Hotel/Restaurant trade, most of them look down their nose at you as if you should be grateful that they are supplying you.

I believe that "Alleged Paedo", has left the company and is not welcome by the rest of the family on site. Its not the person you all think it is and it wasnt his first serious infraction.

• Advertisement

Yeah that is what I guessed it was, rich corporate house wives and Kids who hadnt a clue what with their lives.

I also heard that about paying (Thank you Conrad Gallagher). Its tough to get paid from the Hotel/Restaurant trade, most of them look down their nose at you as if you should be grateful that they are supplying you.

I believe that "Alleged Paedo", has left the company and is not welcome by the rest of the family on site. Its not the person you all think it is and it wasnt his first serious infraction.

is that story not BS and the original story true?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement