Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rachel Allen’s son arrested for €30,000 drugs seizure

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

I was convinced that the Allen name and money would have got him off the hook, I'm glad to see it didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

He is going inside and he will be a model prisoner as it is in his interest. When he gets out and hooks up with his old crew he will be wheeling and dealing. Its poor permissive parenting that he is a product of.

Seamai wrote: »
    I was convinced that the Allen name and money would have got him off the hook, I'm glad to see it didn't.

Maybe there were failed strategies before and maybe the supports and enabilng have been taken away. There is nothing like doing a bit of porridge to waken a lad up.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,543 ✭✭✭✭ted1

emeldc wrote: »
    And probably a lot less than 15 months if he does.

Backdated to November as he served 3 weeks detention. The judge must be bad at Maths. As there 4 weeks in February, 4.5 in January and 4.5 in December.

So that’s 13 weeks. And depending on what time in November he was held he is getting between.
    10 weeks to 14.5 weeks knocked off before he starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,543 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Surprised his Grandad didn’t take the blame !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,145 ✭✭✭✭rob316

emeldc wrote: »
    I always thought there was mandatory sentencing of much longer than he got for having drugs for sale and supply. He was as guilty as fcuk and admitted he had received other 'deliveries'. Fcuk him.

Ya it what you can prove that counts, he can say he killed 10 people, they still have to be able to prove it.

Anyway he obviously a little **** and deserved a bit of a punishment. Still I don't take much enjoyment out of a kid been jailed for buying some weed online, whoever he is.

ted1 wrote: »
    Surprised his Grandad didn’t take the blame !!

I agree but maybe they have learned third time around.
    The first generation builds the wealth
    The second generation enjoys the wealth
    The third generation squanders it...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Harsh enough for dealing grass if you ask me. The law on cannabis needs to be discussed.

It was illegal to be gay when I was born. Laws change.

I am sure there will be alot of high fives amongst the haters.... have a nice day. For me it is just a pointless sentence handed down to a middle class kid who probably should have known better. In fairness 10 years ago he could have got ten years as it is over 10k worth of drugs.

His parents will fork out for the posh prison where all the tax cheats go.

He will regret all this when he is older.

People will still be smoking joints nationwide as we speak, nothing has or will change.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Rockbeast2

LOL

Who is the loser now that got years for plants here?

Importing/Smuggling drugs and he gets that?

Did the judge commend him for his entrepenurial spirit?

Joke sentence.

It's grass lads, he not exactly dealing death and destroying society. He's stupid as he knows the law but as with any court cases I see to do with Cannabis, the law is an ass.

• Advertisement

Rockbeast2 wrote: »
    LOL

Who is the loser now that got years for plants here?

Importing/Smuggling drugs and he gets that?

Did the judge commend him for his entrepenurial spirit?

Joke sentence.

I thought it was 10 year mandatory for 10k worth of drugs?
    He is getting off soft if it was any other citizen.
    I dont think he is smart enough to learn.

rob316 wrote: »
    It's grass lads, he not exactly dealing death and destroying society. He's stupid as he knows the law but as with any court cases I see to do with Cannabis, the law is an ass.

At least it's not garlic! :)

Still a joke sentence because of the whole "importing" bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭snotboogie

So would I be right in assuming that this lads father is no longer involved in the family business?

As far as I understand, that side of the family have nothing to do with the relish, at least in terms of the day to day, it's another sister and her family (who have a different second name) who manage that.

There is only so much that money will buy. When you have been warned and persist beyond that then then are caught properly then you are properly caught

You want to see someone locked up for 10 years for spending 2k on grass that is worth 22k here?

"Just one person was handed the minimum 10-year sentence for possessing €13k of drugs last year
    That’s out of a total of 142 convicted."

The mandatory 10 is rarely handed down, even for first time heroin dealers.

He's well connected as my Cork friends will tell you.

Another example that sentencing is bizarre in this country unless you are related to someone on RTE...

* Should be a good few that know the car he was driving around Waterford/Cork in when he was 15. Rachel apparently gives great pocket money.

You want to see someone locked up for 10 years for spending 2k on grass that is worth 22k here?

Yes it sends a strong message, Zero Tolerance. One sentence could show how breaking screws your life. possibly saving 1000s of youngsters the same fate.

HEY, nobody get me wrong, I don't agree that his life should be ruined because of that, but I do think he should have got a comparable sentence for international drug smuggling as a young lad from Hartstown might...

Yes it sends a strong message, Zero Tolerance. One sentence could show how breaking screws your life. possibly saving 1000s of youngsters the same fate.

I'm not sure if you are annoyed because he comes from money or your an idiot and you genuinely believe someone should be jailed for 10 years for cannabis.

Rockbeast2 wrote: »
    HEY, nobody get me wrong, I don't agree that his life should be ruined because of that, but I do think he should have got a comparable sentence for international drug smuggling as a young lad from Hartstown might...

My not so smart brother in law got in trouble with the guards (not related to drugs) at an older age and then complains why he cant get an Esta last year to go to my wedding in the Caribbean. Sugar you do in your youth has consequences and repercussion. I am all for this guy being made an example of, he has had so many chances. You made your bed go and lie in it.

• Advertisement

Yes, like jailing middle class lushes for 15 months is really going to stop the 100,000s of Irish cannabis users having a smoke later?

Open your eyes and stop being smug about what has happened here. Thinking this is some sort of victory for the war on drugs brigade is really cheap. Sorry.

I would have more respect for your posts if you just came out and said that it is great to see a middle class kid getting banged up for a change, be at least real with your posts.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Yes, like jailing middle class lushes for 15 months is really going to stop the 100,000s of Irish cannabis users having a smoke later?

Open your eyes and stop being smug about what has happened here. Thinking this is some sort of victory for the war on drugs brigade is really cheap. Sorry.

I would have more respect for your posts if you just came out and said that it is great to see a middle class kid getting banged up for a change, be at least real with your posts.

Exactly he's bitter a rich kid got a light sentence. When in reality it wasn't light at all

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Do you really think this is the first time he's been caught?

How many times was he caught?

do you know how many times he has been?

I'm not sure if you are annoyed because he comes from money or your an idiot and you genuinely believe someone should be jailed for 10 years for cannabis.

Bit of both, I certainly dont come from the same or close to the same background where everything was handed to me on a plate. Its hard to stay on the straight and narrow all your life but I have managed it. This guy has had every privilege and pandered to his every need and he still cant get anything right.

Yeah I believe the rich kid who imports €10k of drugs should be treated the same way as the kid from Mulhuddart who imports €10k of the same drugs. I believe in equality in the application of the law. Much the same as Sun Tzu in the art of war, when he had to apply the equality of the law and he sentenced his friend to death he cried. Else law and order would break down.

He has had warnings, interventions and he has messed them all up. Time for the hard medicine.

Bit of both, I certainly dont come from the same or close to the same background where everything was handed to me on a plate. Its hard to stay on the straight and narrow all your life but I have managed it. This guy has had every privilege and pandered to his every need and he still cant get anything right.

Yeah I believe the rich kid who imports €10k of drugs should be treated the same way as the kid from Mulhuddart who imports €10k of the same drugs. I believe in equality in the application of the law. Much the same as Sun Tzu in the art of war, when he had to apply the equality of the law and he sentenced his friend to death he cried. Else law and order would break down.

When a kid from Mulhuddart gets busted I think it is a shame. In particular for Cannabis. It is not a serious drug and is not a danger to our society.

Drugs is not a class issue. Drug abuse does not discriminate, can you say that you do not discriminate?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    When a kid from Mulhuddart gets busted I think it is a shame. In particular for Cannabis. It is not a serious drug and is not a danger to our society.

Drugs is not a class issue. Drug abuse does not discriminate, can you say that you do not discriminate?

I don't think a youngfella from Dublin 15 would've got ten years for this either.

• Advertisement

Exactly he's bitter a rich kid got a light sentence. When in reality it wasn't light at all

Nope, I believe in equal application of the law. I believe in equal opportunity (not necessarily equal outcome).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement