Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rachel Allen’s son arrested for €30,000 drugs seizure

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    When a kid from Mulhuddart gets busted I think it is a shame. In particular for Cannabis. It is not a serious drug and is not a danger to our society.

Drugs is not a class issue. Drug abuse does not discriminate, can you say that you do not discriminate?

Define "discriminate"?

I am certainly no fool and I have a certain awareness of people and their history and how they present themselves. Its a natural survival instinct. If this means "discriminate" well then yes I do.

Yes I discriminate against drugs. I used to get tested for them from time to time by the company I was employed by (as did everyone else in the company).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,145 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Examples of cases to show his sentence isn't light.
    A Dublin man who took delivery of a stuffed toy which contained nearly €200,000 worth of cannabis has been jailed for dealing drugs.

The man, Michael McDonald Agu (56), received a large Hello Kitty toy which had originally come from Thailand.

After his arrest he claimed to gardaí that the toy had been delivered to the wrong address, but he later admitted tracking the progress of the delivery online.

Agu, from Avondale Park, Mulhuddart, pleaded guilty at Dublin Circuit Criminal Court to possession of cannabis for sale or supply at his home on January 31st last. He also admitted dangerous driving and possession of cocaine for sale or supply at the same location.

On Tuesday, Judge Martin Nolan jailed Agu for four years.

A man who threw over €70,000 of cannabis into a neighbour’s garden when gardaí called to the door has been sentenced to two years in prison.

Greg Gilligan, 58, of Avonbeg Gardens, Tallaght, Dublin pleaded guilty at Dublin Circuit Criminal Court to possessing cannabis and a small quantity of crack cocaine at his home on August 24, 2016.
    A man found with cannabis with a potential value of €240,000 in Moyvane has received a two-year prison sentence.

66-year-old Anthony O’Sullivan of Murhur, Moyvane pleaded guilty to possession of cannabis for sale or supply and the cultivation of cannabis at his home on the 3rd July, 2017.
    A man who was caught with €1.1 million worth of drugs in boxes labelled “Sport Socks” has been jailed for seven-and-a-half years.

James Gannon, 32, of St Mark's Drive, Clondalkin, Dublin pleaded guilty at Dublin Circuit Criminal Court to possession of cocaine, cannabis and ketamine for sale or supply at Citywest Storage, Tallaght, on March 22, 2018.
    Three men who were caught with almost €200,000 of cannabis have been jailed for terms of between three-and-a-half and four years.

28 year old Eoin Leonard, 31 year old Gary St Ledger, and 60 year old Noel Metcalfe pleaded guilty at Dublin Circuit Criminal Court to possessing cannabis.

They were caught in Santy on the 2nd of April, after Gardaí received a tip-off.

Leaonard - with an address at Garter Lane in Saggart - was caught giving two boxes of cannabis to St Ledger, who lives on North Circular Road, and Metcalfe, who has an address at Mourne Road in Drimnagh.

See now compare his crime and sentence to those, there is nothing lenient or unfair. Your agenda is a load of ****.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

jimgoose wrote: »
    I don't think a youngfella from Dublin would've got ten years for this either.

Not a chance.

But a judge has to be seen to handing out justice fairly. In particular when you have haters outside with their pitchforks making it out to be a class issue.

I have no issue with his sentence, 22k is a lot of smoke, even for a wee middle class boy. He is lucky the cops robbed it off him, selling that much could potentially have got him in bigger trouble. If any proper dealer got wind he had that much smoke lying around he would have been ripped off sooner or later, or worse.

As I said he is probably off to posh prison regardless.

But there is a definite tone of " haha serves ya right ya middle class twit" coming from a lot of posters. That is all well and good, but if that is the case come out and say it. Don't sit behind some higher moral ground comparing less well off kids, as if you really care? Please don't go there, it is facetious at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,543 ✭✭✭✭ted1

My not so smart brother in law got in trouble with the guards (not related to drugs) at an older age and then complains why he cant get an Esta last year to go to my wedding in the Caribbean. Sugar you do in your youth has consequences and repercussion. I am all for this guy being made an example of, he has had so many chances. You made your bed go and lie in it.
    Since when do you need an ESTA Vida for the Caribbean? I’ve been over several times in the past few years without one

rob316 wrote: »
    Examples of cases to show his sentence isn't light.

See now compare his crime and sentence to those, there is nothing lenient or unfair. Your agenda is a load of ****.

You play with fire you get burned, He knew what he was doing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Titclamp

Rachel Allen was Heisenberg all along!!

• Site Banned Posts: 23 Mr Flicky

rob316 wrote: »
    It's grass lads, he not exactly dealing death and destroying society. He's stupid as he knows the law but as with any court cases I see to do with Cannabis, the law is an ass.

Better to stomp him like a warty toad before he moves into the harder stuff

ted1 wrote: »
    Since when do you need an ESTA Vida for the Caribbean? I’ve been over several times in the past few years without one

Well we had to have one to join the cruise when we passed through Atlanta Georgia and Puerto Rico which is an American protectorate.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

...Please don't go there, it is facetious at best.

...and dangerous at worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,578 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

You play with fire you get burned, He knew what he was doing.

For a bit of weed?

What an overreaction... :/

Anyone see the video going around of the Garda on WhatsApp stopping people in a car and the copper has a lump of coke on his nose?

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    For a bit of weed?

Anyone see the video going around of the Garda on WhatsApp stopping people in a car and the copper has a lump of coke on his nose?

Send it on there sure lad.

He's ****ed if he's mad for drugs, plenty inside there is they say. Tablets, gear smoke. Even THC dipped paper gets in I remember a lad i who did a bit of time.

That ****e its only smoke.

Doesn't matter. He'd could have been selling it for coke debts etc. Its not like a corner shop. Easy transactions.

He'd probably got his debt paid off by his rich family.

Always multi layered ****e.

For a bit of weed?

for €22k? That is a deposit for a house.
    No I havent seen that video and that video should be pursued by Internal Affairs.

Titclamp wrote: »
    Send it on there sure lad.

I'll give you a screenshot, I'm not uploading this one :)

Deleted anyway, at least I covered his face... :)

I just saw the Gard with the white nose.

It looks like a bit of vicks nasal rub.

Obviously if you hate cops he looks like a strung out Garda recklessly handing out a speeding ticket to an honest well to do citizen while he is high on cocaine. It is all the gubberment's fault and he should be fired, as should the minister of justice it is all his fault too. It happens too often these days, traffic cops handing out tickets to speeding motorists while they are having a few lines in their squad cars. The commissioner should resign. Etc etc.

I just saw the Gard with the white nose.

It looks like a bit of vicks nasal rub.

Obviously if you hate cops he looks like a strung out Garda recklessly handing out a speeding ticket to an honest well to do citizen while he is high on cocaine. It is all the gubberment's fault and he should be fired, as should the minister of justice it is all his fault too. It happens too often these days, traffic cops handing out tickets to speeding motorists while they are having a few lines in their squad cars. The commissioner should resign. Etc etc.

Vicks? :D

Solid deflection, 7/10

Watch the video so....

I've 3 uncles and several pals on the force, what have I got to gain and no I'm not rambling about the gubberment... :)

He's definitely not a well to do citizen, a member of a certain community going by his accent...

Solid deflection, 7/10

Watch the video so....

I've 3 uncles and several pals on the force, what have I got to gain and no I'm not rambling about the gubberment... :)

I have a banger addiction, it doesn't cling to your nose like that.

I have a banger addiction, it doesn't cling to your nose like that.

The poor man clearly has issues...

I'm sure this will be all over the media in a few days with his face nice and blurred out...

The poor man clearly has issues...

I'm sure this will be all over the media in a few days with his face nice and blurred out...

I would say his biggest issue was trying to give a ticket to a knacker with a camera on a cold day.

Any of your cousins sit around nailing lines in their uniform all day? Must happen all the time.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

I personally don't care if his life is ruined.
    I also don't care if someone from a less well off, or seemingly well off, background has their life ruined by drug selling/using)whatever.

Anyone involved in that crap deserves what they get.

And the argument of 'its just cannabis' will never wash with me.

• Advertisement

I personally don't care if his life is ruined.
    I also don't care if someone from a less well off, or seemingly well off, background has their life ruined by drug selling/using)whatever.

Anyone involved in that crap deserves what they get.

And the argument of 'its just cannabis' will never wash with me.

Even though the drug is harmless and that it's criminalization wastes millions in taxpayers money, I mean millions?

I would say his biggest issue was trying to give a ticket to a knacker with a camera on a cold day.

Any of your cousins sit around nailing lines in their uniform all day? Must happen all the time.:rolleyes:

Where did I say it happened all the time?

I sympathised with the man...

No idea what you are actually talking about now in regards to my cousin's, please reread my original post....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Yeah, sure that's real.

Rockbeast2 wrote: »
    He's well connected as my Cork friends will tell you.

Can you get your friends to tell me? I don't understand what you mean by well connected.

Effects wrote: »
    Yeah, sure that's real.

Yes because clearly cops are not human beings and have issues just like other human beings...

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/female-garda-arrested-after-being-11852789

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Looks like the Allen's former nanny might have to wait a while for her child maintenance payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Solid deflection, 7/10

Watch the video so....

He's definitely not a well to do citizen, a member of a certain community going by his accent...

It's icing sugar.

Most likely from a doughnut or possibly doughnuts.

padd b1975 wrote: »
    It's icing sugar.

Most likely from a doughnut or possibly doughnuts.

Makes perfect sense now....

Nom...

3WXwYyRB_t.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I think the sentence was reasonable enough given the quantity (22k of weed) and that it was his first offence. Justice has to be seen to be done so the judge couldnt just let him walk, there had to be some message sent out to others or else then everyone can just import weed in the post and point at the precedent that has been set. The 15 months will be a wake up call to him without him being inside for ever either so its a happy medium IMO.

Agree that weed should be legalised though thats another argument entirely. Until such time as it is what he did was illegal, end of. The law does need to be reformed but thats no defence right now.

• Advertisement

Yes because clearly cops are not human beings and have issues just like other human beings...

How are those two things related?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement