Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rachel Allen’s son arrested for €30,000 drugs seizure

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The next phase of the Allen family soap opera is underway. Dad Issac is looking for investors to fund their other son Luka's Formula 1 career
    He told the Sunday Independent that he is very confident that he can now emulate Eddie Irvine by getting a spot on the highly lucrative Formula One grid within the next four years. "There's going to be a massive push when I get out to Japan," said Allen. "For investors and sponsors, you can get me cheaper while I'm young."

Allen, who already fronts advertising campaigns for Paul Galvin's Dunnes Stores fashion line, is looking for investors to pay €50,000 for a 1pc share of future earnings up to €150,000 plus their money back. The deal expires after 10 years. For €250,000 investors can get a 5pc share of earnings for 10 years, up to a total return of €1m. Sponsorship packages will cost from €10,000 a race.

Formula One earnings can hit €10m a year, while Super Formula drivers can earn €2m. "Japan has 120 million affluent consumers and we feel that Lucca's look and brand could be a really good fit for endorsements," said Isaac Allen.

"I also manage Lucca's mother Rachel and we are very excited about her coming out as a guest to cookery schools in Japan to teach Ballymaloe-style western cooking. If everything works on the racing track there are all sorts of opportunities." Running a Formula 4 car has cost Allen about €100,000 a year but his costs will now be 10 times that as a Super Formula driver.

Albirex Racing - which runs a range of professional teams from football to basketball - is setting up a Super Formula team with Ralf Schumacher's former engineer on board. Allen will likely spend two years racing for Albirex's Super Formula Lights team before moving into the professional side of the Super Formula series. Lucca Allen said Albirex had agreed to subsidise about €700,000 of those costs but that would leave a shortfall of up to €350,000 that the Allens hope to raise through sponsorship and investment.

“Up to this I’ve been lucky enough that the family businesses have been able to help out, as well as family friends,” said Allen. “A number of high net worth business people in Cork and around Ireland have also helped.”
    https://www.independent.ie/business/irish/allen-seeks-investors-to-power-f1-dream-38872706.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

ted1 wrote: »
    Surprised his Grandad didn’t take the blame !!

Indeed, the story that just wont disappear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Muahahaha wrote: »
    The next phase of the Allen family soap opera is underway. Dad Issac is looking for investors to fund their other son Luka's Formula 1 career

https://www.independent.ie/business/irish/allen-seeks-investors-to-power-f1-dream-38872706.html

Sounds Dodgy as fupp, right now Deutshe bank sounds like a better investment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Necks like jockey's boll*c*s, I wouldn't touch that family with a 40' barge pole.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭enricoh

rob316 wrote: »
    It's grass lads, he not exactly dealing death and destroying society. He's stupid as he knows the law but as with any court cases I see to do with Cannabis, the law is an ass.

Here's a Lithuanian fella caught with e50k worth of stolen boat engines that were packed in a container ready to set sail. How many containers had he got away with I wonder? Had 10k worth of weed in the shed also.
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://amp.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/jail-term-suspended-if-lithuanian-man-leaves-ireland-983271.html&ved=2ahUKEwii_86n7vTnAhWQShUIHT6tBesQFjABegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw2ePszvmR51JlRR3yISlHoS&ampcf=1

his sentance- leave Ireland and don't come back for 10 years! No doubt his replacement is here already with consequences like that.
    The Allen fella is a kid, the Lithuanian 40 year old. Joke sentence

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I think the sentence was reasonable enough given the quantity (22k of weed) and that it was his first offence. Justice has to be seen to be done so the judge couldnt just let him walk, there had to be some message sent out to others or else then everyone can just import weed in the post and point at the precedent that has been set. The 15 months will be a wake up call to him without him being inside for ever either so its a happy medium IMO.

Agree that weed should be legalised though thats another argument entirely. Until such time as it is what he did was illegal, end of. The law does need to be reformed but thats no defence right now.

Yup.

I think marijuana should be legal but he knew it wasn’t so it’s irrelevant to this case.
    So would I be right in assuming that this lads father is no longer involved in the family business?

His grandfather

Seamai wrote: »
    Necks like jockey's boll*c*s, I wouldn't touch that family with a 40' barge pole.

I just find it gas that his dad is shilling him out for 250,000 for 5% of his earnings with the kid himself telling us that we can "get him now while he is cheap" :rolleyes:

Anyway getting to drive in Formula 1 is more about the money a driver brings to the table and their marketability than their actual driving skill. They're still good drivers but they just also happen to have filthy rich billionaire parents and blue chip sponsors.

So while the Allens are very wealthy they wouldnt be able to compete in that environment. Only way he gets into F1 is by blitzing the entire field in Super Formula in Japan and thats unlikely to happen unless he has the fastest car on the grid which as a rookie he wont. Some of the lower teams barely finish half their races due to mechanical failures.

These high net worth individuals in Cork investing 250k to fund his racing career need their heads examined. F1 is for the mega rich who can afford to lose huge sums of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

The more I read about her sons the more it shows that an education is the last thing either of these boys either wanted or were encouraged to have.

The thought of getting a LC and maybe applying themselves in college and eventually actually working, not cheffing or cooking, seems to be beyond them.

Formula 1! Really?! And the father encouraging it as above an education. Expecting people to 'invest' in such a scheme

I do realise there are people stupid enough to do do, and it saddens me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Rachel was on the Late Late a few years ago and mentioned how great it would be if everyone (in the country??) donated €5 towards her spoiled brat’s Luca’s racing fund. :rolleyes: Here’s the link if anyone has a spare fiver: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/lucca-allen-formula-4-racing-driver#/updates/all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Vologda69 wrote: »
    Looks like the Allen's former nanny might have to wait a while for her child maintenance payment.

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Davion Bumpy Logger

Rachel was on the Late Late a few years ago and mentioned how great it would be if everyone (in the country??) donated €5 towards her spoiled brat’s Luca’s racing fund. :rolleyes: Here’s the link if anyone has a spare fiver: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/lucca-allen-formula-4-racing-driver#/updates/all

judging by on the Echo live fb page, there would be a line of morons willing to donate because Mammy does nice relish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

That’s gas.

Aaaah, no, Rachel. I’ll give that fiver to my very hard-working local animal shelter, thanks.

• Site Banned Posts: 23 Mr Flicky

No quinoa muffins for this amadan this morning. Nice bowl of cold lumpy porridge with his Irish bubba celly

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I'm afraid it'll take more than this to stop eating their red pepper and tomato relish. No toasty would be complete without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

If he identified as a being from Darndale he would have been given an Adult Caution.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,496 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Pkiernan wrote: »
    If he identified as a being from Darndale he would have been given an Adult Caution.

If he identified as comign from Darndale, he'd need to have been caught with something a bit stronger than cannabis.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Pkiernan wrote: »

Is there precedence for getting just an adult caution for similar amounts of drugs?

The purest case of Notions I've read about, possibly ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Harsh sentence. We need reform on drug laws in Ireland. I'm young, have never smoked weed but I don't see the issue with it. If you want to get high off it that's your own business. It needs to be legalized!

The poor kid is in prison (along with countless others) for a non issues "crime".

These high net worth individuals in Cork investing 250k to fund his racing career need their heads examined. F1 is for the mega rich who can afford to lose huge sums of money.

What is important is the these individuals can get a tax write off and a box in Silverstone. The poor sap boys and girls who send a fiver or multiple of will get a T-shirt, calendar and membership card. Now of course there will be massive salaries for Management, Technical staff, engineering costs, transport, entertainment, marketing etc etc....... there will be nothing for ordinary share holders and less for the boys and girls who gave fivers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,056 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Straight to f1? He’ll be killed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Titclamp

Has anyone seen this gob****e drive even?!

Brazen bitch. Prostituting their son for coin

I'm young, have never smoked weed but I don't see the issue with it. If you want to get high off it that's your own business. It needs to be legalized!

The poor kid is in prison (along with countless others) for a non issues "crime".

Yes you are, give it a few years. All the guys I know who never gave up after college went soft in the head. They were involved in single car collisions and ended up space cadets. There is a massive difference in their lifestyle after they ht 40 and arent the same as the non consuming peers. Nothing more pathetic than a person who cant get off their couch because of the weed.

What is important is the these individuals can get a tax write off and a box in Silverstone. The poor sap boys and girls who send a fiver or multiple of will get a T-shirt, calendar and membership card. Now of course there will be massive salaries for Management, Technical staff, engineering costs, transport, entertainment, marketing etc etc....... there will be nothing for ordinary share holders and less for the boys and girls who gave fivers.

Yeah Formula 1 is just a complete money sink with the smaller teams regularly going bankrupt due to the costs. The top teams are now spending around $300m a year just to put two cars on the grid. Thats fine if you're the CEO of Mercedes or Ferrarri or a global sponsor like Shell, Heineken or Rolex. But Ballymaloe Relish doesnt really cut the mustard to be playing in those circles.

That link is gas, sign me up for the 750 euro Rachel Allen Dinner Party
    €750 EUR
    In addition to following my story on Indiegogo, entry into the raffle for dinner at Rachel’s, and regular email updates. Rachel Allen will come to your home and cook dinner for you and seven of your friends. Ireland only!
    Included Items
    Be part of the journey!

That link is gas, sign me up for the 750 euro Rachel Allen Dinner Party

Would want to be some dinner for €750, there better be second helpings of desserts for that price.

I dont honestly believe this project is going to go anywhere. I have met a few people with real money and they are all mean, mean, mean out and I seriously doubt they will entertain this folly.

Haha does she do it in the nip?

Would want to be some dinner for €750, there better be second helpings of desserts for that price.

You can drive it into her for an extra 50

Titclamp wrote: »
    You can drive it into her for an extra 50

This new generation at Ballymaloe will destroy the brand faster than youth from Knocka will drive a Honda civic up a tree with 5 of his mates in the back seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I dont honestly believe this project is going to go anywhere. I have met a few people with real money and they are all mean, mean, mean out and I seriously doubt they will entertain this folly.

€750 gets you into a raffle

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    €750 gets you into a raffle

Aww here I can get more morals for less money behind Union Quay.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement