Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rachel Allen’s son arrested for €30,000 drugs seizure

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I don't think Isaac Allen or any of them intend turning Shanagarry into something competitive with F1 Triangle in Surrey. The youngfella reckons he might pick up a drive with some backmarker team if he races his bollocks off in that Japanese feeder class, and who knows, he just might. Fair moxy to him, sure how does any other journeyman racer get to the top of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

There’s a touch of the Kardashian’s about the Allens I think.
    No disaster is too awful that you can’t use the publicity from it to further feather your nest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Is it really possible to turn 2k to 30k by flipping grass? Seems like such a great investment opportunity!

🙈🙉🙊

Is it really possible to turn 2k to 30k by flipping grass? Seems like such a great investment opportunity!

Yeah, all you have to do is order online, send it to your Ma’s company address and just sign for it when it arrives- what could possibly go wrong? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭MIKEKC

Seamai wrote: »
    Indeed, the story that just wont disappear.

Seeing he got off so lightly I hope it never does

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Would want to be some dinner for €750, there better be second helpings of desserts for that price.

I dont honestly believe this project is going to go anywhere. I have met a few people with real money and they are all mean, mean, mean out and I seriously doubt they will entertain this folly.

Yeah the project will peter out with everyone losing money and getting no returns on Luka's 'potential' $10m a year Formula 1 earnings. The only way he is getting into F1 is if he is somehow the second coming of Ayrton Senna or Michael Schmacher. They used to dominate the field when they were karting and going up the ranks in Formula Ford and Formula 3000, they were just head and shoulders above all the other drivers because of their world class talent. Luka's career to date has not showed that kind of quality, it would normally be evident at a young age.Lewis Hamilton did the same, he was always beating kids 2 or 3 years older than him so his talent was obvious even from when he was 13/14 years of age.

If you dont have the talent the only other way to get into Formula 1 is by becoming a 'pay driver' but that costs mega bucks, eg Canadian billionaire Lawerance Stroll (who part owns brands like Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger and Michael Kors) paid $80m to buy his son Lance a seat racing with the Williams team. The son was next to useless so his dad then spent over $100m buying the Force India team and he raced for them. That didnt work out so now the father has spent £182m for a 20% stake in Aston Martin and his son Lance will drive for them next year.

Rachel is going to have to do an awful lot of 750 euro dinner parties to pay the millions required just for Luka to become a pay driver. Its just not going to happen and a lot of investors are going to get burnt if they ever think there will be an actual return on their investment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Yeah, all you have to do is order online, send it to your Ma’s company address and just sign for it when it arrives- what could possibly go wrong? :D

It wasnt grass it was Afghan Oregano. It is the sort of herb anyone can delight in with or after any meal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

This new generation at Ballymaloe will destroy the brand faster than youth from Knocka will drive a Honda civic up a tree with 5 of his mates in the back seat.

Both Rachel husband Isaac's two separate ventures in restaurants in Cork city failed miserably.

Both Rachel husband Isaac's two separate ventures in restaurants in Cork city failed miserably.

Isnt the Cully and Scully soup doing ok?

Isnt the Cully and Scully soup doing ok?

The sold out to some British or American company 5 or 6 years back, several of their products are not even made here, lots of people by them thinking they're supporting an Irish company.

• Advertisement

Cully and Sully are owned by an American company called Haine Celestial but as far as I know one or both of them is still involved.

It wasnt grass it was Afghan Oregano. It is the sort of herb anyone can delight in with or after any meal.

I'll make sure i order it next time I'm down in BallyMaryLou country.

I'd say the waiters/tresses are sick of "herb" jokes at this stage down there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

The purest case of Notions I've read about, possibly ever.

And what’s with his father talking about his “look” and “brand”?

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Yeah the project will peter out with everyone losing money and getting no returns on Luka's 'potential' $10m a year Formula 1 earnings. The only way he is getting into F1 is if he is somehow the second coming of Ayrton Senna or Michael Schmacher. They used to dominate the field when they were karting and going up the ranks in Formula Ford and Formula 3000, they were just head and shoulders above all the other drivers because of their world class talent. Luka's career to date has not showed that kind of quality, it would normally be evident at a young age.Lewis Hamilton did the same, he was always beating kids 2 or 3 years older than him so his talent was obvious even from when he was 13/14 years of age.

If you dont have the talent the only other way to get into Formula 1 is by becoming a 'pay driver' but that costs mega bucks, eg Canadian billionaire Lawerance Stroll (who part owns brands like Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger and Michael Kors) paid $80m to buy his son Lance a seat racing with the Williams team. The son was next to useless so his dad then spent over $100m buying the Force India team and he raced for them. That didnt work out so now the father has spent £182m for a 20% stake in Aston Martin and his son Lance will drive for them next year.

Rachel is going to have to do an awful lot of 750 euro dinner parties to pay the millions required just for Luka to become a pay driver. Its just not going to happen and a lot of investors are going to get burnt if they ever think there will be an actual return on their investment.

The numbers here is making my head hurt. In essence he is a talentless, high school dropout with a pot addiction and pretty face?
    Lets call Louis Walsh and Simon Cowell and see if they can do a Celia Ahern talent make over. I still think Buffalo G will go further that this hop head.

Its what people with no business talent talk about to make other people think they know something about business. They are buzz words like Pro-active and getting all your ducks in a row and Value added product. Its sort of like Stream lining by Diversifying, when you havent a Scooby-Doo what either of them are.

Sounds like a pimp.

Sounds like a pimp.

I have a question, what happens when he gets out?
    I mean, is his mother going to allow him to fester on the couch and play xbox all day and do weed?
    Or is she going to do some real parenting and tell him to grow up and and get a cheffing apprenticeship somewhere real if he wants to get back into the family trade?
    Lets tell the truth, as a former chef, it goes on in the trade. Its a profession to nowhere for the vast majority (massive dropout within the first 5 years). He is going to have one hard job to get away from it and reform his image. If Ted Kennedy can rebrand it can be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

15 months in jail is no joke

tillyfilly wrote: »

I have never been but I know I am too pretty to go to prison. It will be a "character forming" experience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭tillyfilly

I have never been but I know I am too pretty to go to prison. It will be a "character forming" experience

he seems pretty thick, he might go very far in there with like minded people

• Advertisement

My uncle used to have a solution for pups that were slow, I am not sure it can be applied here but it involves a rain water barrel.

On the other hand he is pretty..... He is going to be popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭shafty100

He was caught with 22k and the law states that any amount over 13k is a mandatory 10 years unless there is mitigating circumstances ,in this case there was none,this waster has gotten off very lightly and will be out before xmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Sounds like a pimp.

If my father ever referred to my “look”, I’d either sharply side-eye him or go for broke and kick him up the hole. That’s right, I’d kick my father up the hole. Fortunately, he never would say anything like that because he’s not a freak.

shafty100 wrote: »
    He was caught with 22k and the law states that any amount over 13k is a mandatory 10 years unless there is mitigating circumstances ,in this case there was none,this waster has gotten off very lightly and will be out before xmas.

Lets tell the truth. He was given several warnings and he didnt take any. This is all on him. He was given "cease and desist" orders. I am sure there were private social welfare officers called put in interventions. Its all on him and he is damaging his own heritage and brand.
    He isnt the worst character in the 'Joy but the system is over capacitated and he will be home in time for mince pies. The real question is how are they going to get to grips with situation when he gets out. Nobody wants to employ someone with a criminal record.

Those of us in the trade all know of Anthony Bourdain's colourful past and we loved him for it. The difference is we are not surprised that Ozzy Osbourne did drugs but we are all horrified when we find out Stephen Gately smoked a bit of weed.

Can this boy clean up his act and if so how will he do it?

If my father ever referred to my “look”, I’d either sharply side-eye him or go for broke and kick him up the hole. That’s right, I’d kick my father up the hole. Fortunately, he never would say anything like that because he’s not a freak.

Clearly Issac has his head shoved so far up his ho-le. Fupping delusions of Grandeur and adequacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

the whole thing is dumb its cannabis

On the other hand he is pretty..... He is going to be popular.

That sure is a purty mouth you got there boy.

That sure is a purty mouth you got there boy.

I'll be seeing you after lights out! I like 'em when they squeal!

• Advertisement

I'll be seeing you after lights out! I like 'em when they squeal!

Like a pig, boy!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement