Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rachel Allen’s son arrested for €30,000 drugs seizure

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

I have a question, what happens when he gets out?

I suppose he should be sent off to Madagascar to think about his crime for all time, while breaking rocks.

Some posters enjoy the misery of others. Perhaps they need to reflect on that a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

markodaly wrote: »
    I suppose he should be sent off to Madagascar to think about his crime for all time, while breaking rocks.

Some posters enjoy the misery of others. Perhaps they need to reflect on that a bit.

Well said. Certainly some posters are relishing this family’s unwise but very unfortunate situation. Glad not to live in their heads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

The begrudgery is dripping of this post like honey off a stick. Christ, we Irish love to stick the knife in.

I have no idea who this guy Luca is, but if he has a dream then fair play going for it. Yet, I suppose unless he wins 5 F1 world championships he must be a failure.

Having lived abroad I can guarantee that we do not have a monopoly on begrudgery, I'm not sure where we got the idea that it is a uniquely Irish trait.

The younger members in particular of the Allen family suffer from a severe case of entitlement. Taking relish (no pun intended) from seeing them getting their just is not begrudgery.

Regardless of how any of us feel about cannabis, the guy broke the law, it wasn't smarties for school kids or 50g of the stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

Harsh sentence. We need reform on drug laws in Ireland. I'm young, have never smoked weed but I don't see the issue with it. If you want to get high off it that's your own business. It needs to be legalized!

The poor kid is in prison (along with countless others) for a non issues "crime".

surrounded 24/7 with scumbags who's lives revolve around heroin and prescription tablets and how to extract financial gain from wherever they choose, sure whats the worst than can happen lol

Well said. Certainly some posters are relishing this family’s unwise but very unfortunate situation. Glad not to live in their heads.

Yeap, often these busybodies in here and in real-life who feast on the misfortune of others often do so because issues in their own lives they don't want to reflect on.

If this was a kid from Tallaght, it wouldn't be even in the papers.
    The story is nonsense but media clickbait and fools lap it up.

This kid won't be the first nor the last one to make stupid decisions regardless of who is parent is or is not.
    What are we, living in a Dickenson novel?

• Advertisement

Seamai wrote: »

The younger members in particular of the Allen family suffer from a severe case of entitlement. Taking relish (no pun intended) from seeing them getting their just is not begrudgery.

I take it you know them personally, do you?

Having lived abroad I can guarantee that we do not have a monopoly on begrudgery, I'm not sure where we got the idea that it is a uniquely Irish trait.

Considering that neither you or anyone else here is likely to know them personally it certainly looks like begrudgery .

Yeap, often these busybodies in here and in real-life who feast on the misfortune of others often do so because issues in their own lives they don't want to reflect on.

If this was a kid from Tallaght, it wouldn't be even in the papers.
    The story is nonsense but media clickbait and fools lap it up.

This kid won't be the first nor the last one to make stupid decisions regardless of who is parent is or is not.
    What are we, living in a Dickenson novel?

Very true. But, this isn’t a kid from Tallaght. It’s a kid from a well to do family. One that courts publicity to sell its wares. A family that’s promoted as wholesome and good, clean living.
    People are shocked that a child from such a privileged background was allowed run wild from such a young age. It begs the question “Where were the parents”?

Considering that neither you or anyone else here is likely to know them personally it certainly looks like begrudgery .

If you took the care to read all my posts, yes I've had dealings with them, yes I've seen their late night behaviour in a pub in the next village on several occasions and they're certainly not deserving of my respect but you keep your blinkers on and keep polishing that pedestal.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    He is clean now but if he wants weed while he is in prison Im sure he will find it.

he'll be out a heroin and prescription pills junky with an ar$€hole big enough to stuff 100 pills and a smartphone in

• Advertisement

cloudatlas wrote: »
    Well I don't believe the sins of the husband and son should be visited on Rachel, not her fault that they are **** wits.

yeah that's not what I heard

Very true. But, this isn’t a kid from Tallaght. It’s a kid from a well to do family. One that courts publicity to sell its wares. A family that’s promoted as wholesome and good, clean living.
    People are shocked that a child from such a privileged background was allowed run wild from such a young age. It begs the question “Where were the parents”?

"Fame" comes with a very costly price tag and those you so willingly court it rarely read the small print.

I agree with you 100%, it does beg serious questions about the parents.

pure.conya wrote: »
    he'll be out a heroin and prescription pills junky with an ar$€hole big enough to stuff 100 pills and a smartphone in

What a horrible thing to say, the penny is round you know.

"Fame" comes with a very costly price tag and those you so willingly court it rarely read the small print.

I agree with you 100%, it does beg serious questions about the parents.

As you know these people personally it is even more pathetic that you would post such bile anonymously online. Take stock of yourself man.

As you know these people personally it is even more pathetic that you would post such bile anonymously online. Take stock of yourself man.

Business dealings not personal, I wouldn't lower myself to mix with their kind. Working in the broader catering industry in Cork you'd want to be living in a black hole not to have come into contact with them, they have fingers in a lot of pies down this part of the world. What I've said about them is hardly bile, more disdain. I don't think they are nice people, end of!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,496 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Someone's been watching too much American TV....

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Oh please! Shocked?

Only if you were living under a rock. Plenty of teenagers of all backgrounds go wild, for all types of reasons.
    This story is popular because it makes people feel better about themselves and their own failings as parents.

If you took the care to read all my posts, yes I've had dealings with them, yes I've seen their late night behaviour in a pub in the next village on several occasions and they're certainly not deserving of my respect but you keep your blinkers on and keep polishing that pedestal.

So, you saw them in a pub one night, and that justifies your hate towards them.
    Well done, I hope you sleep well at night, knowing that you are better than them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

What's wrong with these stupid, brainless rich brats? All the money and opportunities in the world and he chooses to be a drug dealer? Utterly moronic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

Bro died of heroin in Cork and TBH whether the pusher is wealthy/ affluent/ poor/ uneducated etc etc anyone who pushes drugs in any form do not belong in any society,and I don't care a whit if they plug each other,get jailed ,they are a blight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

You obviously have no connection to catering or minimum wage. While I commend the Allens for building a fairly substantial castle, this guy is an anointed prince with no sense of what the lesser side of the industry is like. Its not pretty.

He is born into a both business and media savvy world where he doesn't have to scrub pots, do split shifts, no option for over time and poor employment prospects. That is real cheffing.

Real cheffing is short contracts, no book deals, early mornings and late nights, hot sweaty kitchens and plenty of abuse and chasing pay cheques.

Rock star chefs like Anthony Bourdain (TV celebrity chef) and Conrad Gallagher (dating glamour models) and Jamie Oliver (Media and celebrity) do not exist except to prove the exception to the rule. Dont get me started on Donal Skeehan.

This poor boy is suffering from not getting a hiding when he was due one. Not having to work his Bulloxs off in a hot sweat kitchen for the summer to teach him to try harder at school. Instead he was told "One day all this will be yours" instead of "One day all this might be yours", big difference.

He should be sent out to pasture for a few years to learn what the industry is REALLY about. Which is Minimum wage in London, and kitchen porter in the south of France and working on cruise ships. When you earn your stripes then you can come home. He was probably off to be Molly Coddled at Cork IT (where you know he would be given a soft ride and get the awards and competitions). Its a bit late but some tough parenting could still be done, rather than indulge notions of these fantasies.

What's wrong with these stupid, brainless rich brats? All the money and opportunities in the world and he chooses to be a drug dealer? Utterly moronic.

Its because they have never had to work that they dont know the value of food, clothes, accomodation and friendship. In fairness to him, he recognises he is a bit thick and tries to grab the lowest fruit of the tree. MAybe he can be an example to other parents and teenagers the lowest fruit does come with consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

You obviously have no connection to catering or minimum wage. While I commend the Allens for building a fairly substantial castle, this guy is an anointed prince with no sense of what the lesser side of the industry is like. Its not pretty.

He is born into a both business and media savvy world where he doesn't have to scrub pots, do split shifts, no option for over time and poor employment prospects. That is real cheffing.

Real cheffing is short contracts, no book deals, early mornings and late nights, hot sweaty kitchens and plenty of abuse and chasing pay cheques.

Rock star chefs like Anthony Bourdain (TV celebrity chef) and Conrad Gallagher (dating glamour models) and Jamie Oliver (Media and celebrity) do not exist except to prove the exception to the rule. Dont get me started on Donal Skeehan.

This poor boy is suffering from not getting a hiding when he was due one. Not having to work his Bulloxs off in a hot sweat kitchen for the summer to teach him to try harder at school. Instead he was told "One day all this will be yours" instead of "One day all this might be yours", big difference.

He should be sent out to pasture for a few years to learn what the industry is REALLY about. Which is Minimum wage in London, and kitchen porter in the south of France and working on cruise ships. When you earn your stripes then you can come home. He was probably off to be Molly Coddled at Cork IT (where you know he would be given a soft ride and get the awards and competitions). Its a bit late but some tough parenting could still be done, rather than indulge notions of these fantasies.

And to be fair, even people like Gordon Ramsay put the work in. Most of those celebrity chefs weren't born into money, they worked for it. They did do the gruelling split shifts and the time in France and so on.

It must be really hard to bring your kids up normal when you're rich and famous. I interacted with a lot of celebrities and their families when I worked in hospitality myself and almost all of the kids were spoiled, entitled brats.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Plus he now has a kid to look after. Courtesy of the family nanny he was riding. Great start that child will have

Seeing as he had cocaine as well as cannabis in his possession when arrested, he’s already half way there.

I can feel sorry for his family. They do work hard, but they took their eye off the ball with this lad.

Seeing as he had cocaine as well as cannabis in his possession when arrested, he’s already half way there.

I can feel sorry for his family. They do work hard, but they took their eye off the ball with this lad.

It wasnt an accident or a one time event.

Vologda69 wrote: »
    Plus he now has a kid to look after. Courtesy of the family nanny he was riding. Great start that child will have

Are you listening to me?!!

DONT BE RIDIN' THE HIRED HELP!!!
    wtf were you thinking!!!

Muahahaha wrote: »
    haha the niche thing with the Japanese is true. Your comment reminds me of years back in Australia when I worked on a yacht with a London girl who had been a stripper back in the UK. In Australia she was a waitess though as she said Aussie strip clubs are all really low brow with drunken lads offering them $5 to stick beer bottles and bananas up you know where.

She quit Australia soon after as she got recruited by a strip cliub in Toyko whose managers had specifically come to Sydney to recruit girls with pink nipples. Apparently pink nipples are a fetish among many Japanese men, the local women all have brown nipples but the men go crazy for pink ones. She told me that in the job interview the first question was asking her to take off her top and prove that she had pink nipples, without that she was out the door. Once she proved that and a bit of dancing she got the job and made a fortune thereafter. I still see her pop up on Facebook from time to time, she's a solicitor back in the UK now!

I’m on the lookout for a good solicitor. Nipple colour isn’t a criterion, but I’m willing to be persuaded.

Vologda69 wrote: »

Link to that story?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The begrudgery is dripping of this post like honey off a stick. Christ, we Irish love to stick the knife in.

I have no idea who this guy Luca is, but if he has a dream then fair play going for it. Yet, I suppose unless he wins 5 F1 world championships he must be a failure.

ah the old begrudgery trope, the last refuge of those who can't argue the facts.

As outlined in my post Formula 1 is a playground of billionaires and the Allens are not that, as seen by the fact that they are shilling him about to investors for 250k a pop. I've been following Formula 1 for a long time and know very well how it works and how the kids of the mega wealthy hoover up all the driving seats through financial power alone. For fans of the sport this has been very frustrating but it is the cold harsh reality when it costs up to $300m a year just to run two cars for a season. Someone has to pay for that and if a billionaire comes along and throws the team $50m so his son can drive then thats what will and does happen.

It is ironic that his dad Issac is saying that they think he can emulate Eddie Irvine when if Eddie Irvine was about today and just starting his career at 18 years of age even he wouldnt be able to get into Formula 1 like he did 20 years ago. The current world champion Lewis Hamilton came out a few months ago and said he doubted that he would make it into Formula 1 right now because he came from a middle class background. And thats coming from someone who is a world class driver with 6 World Championship titles to his name.

So call it begrudgery all you want. Id call it the informed opinion of someone who has been following the sport for over 30 years and knows the harsh realities of thousands of drivers all vying for a paltry 20 driving seats. Money always wins out in that situation so unless Rachel has $50m burning in her back pocket Lucca wont be getting within an asses roar of Formula 1. And anyone investing 250k believing that he will is going to lose their shirt.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement