Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rachel Allen’s son arrested for €30,000 drugs seizure

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

i Thinking taking drugs is very common place among middle class people .
    Cocaine is the drug of the middle class.
    people on lower incomes use hash or other cheaper drugs.
    Ordering drugs online is risky, ordering a large amount of cannabis to be delivered by post is very foolish.
    see border control program,s etc they show that all international post is checked and xrayed for drugs or other substance,s .

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭liosnagceann75

riclad wrote: »
    i Thinking taking drugs is very common place among middle class people .
    Cocaine is the drug of the middle class.
    people on lower incomes use hash or other cheaper drugs.
    Ordering drugs online is risky, ordering a large amount of cannabis to be delivered by post is very foolish.
    see border control program,s etc they show that all international post is checked and xrayed for drugs or other substance,s .

Doubt it happens in Ireland. This is Ireland after all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

markodaly wrote: »
    Yeap, often these busybodies in here and in real-life who feast on the misfortune of others often do so because issues in their own lives they don't want to reflect on.

If this was a kid from Tallaght, it wouldn't be even in the papers.
    The story is nonsense but media clickbait and fools lap it up.

This kid won't be the first nor the last one to make stupid decisions regardless of who is parent is or is not.
    What are we, living in a Dickenson novel?

Who is Dickenson?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭Ardent

Sad to see any kid from a respectable family going to prison. I always think of the movie Michael Inside. I hope he's able to turn his life around.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

riclad wrote: »

They're catching drugs in the mail centres pretty regularly these days

Jan 24th- 59k worth in Portlasise Mail Centre
    https://www.thejournal.ie/drugs-portlaoise-mail-centre-4979388-Jan2020/

Feb 17th- 25k at Dublin Mail Centre
    https://www.thejournal.ie/25k-worth-of-cannabis-and-cocaine-discovered-dublin-mail-centre-5010631-Feb2020/

All they have to do is run a dog over the conveyor belts of parcels and they'll often get a hit. Its only the big ones that are reported in the media.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Who is Dickenson?

Emily? but I thought she only wrote poetry.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

You obviously have no connection to catering or minimum wage. While I commend the Allens for building a fairly substantial castle, this guy is an anointed prince with no sense of what the lesser side of the industry is like. Its not pretty.

He is born into a both business and media savvy world where he doesn't have to scrub pots, do split shifts, no option for over time and poor employment prospects. That is real cheffing.

Real cheffing is short contracts, no book deals, early mornings and late nights, hot sweaty kitchens and plenty of abuse and chasing pay cheques.

Rock star chefs like Anthony Bourdain (TV celebrity chef) and Conrad Gallagher (dating glamour models) and Jamie Oliver (Media and celebrity) do not exist except to prove the exception to the rule. Dont get me started on Donal Skeehan.

This poor boy is suffering from not getting a hiding when he was due one. Not having to work his Bulloxs off in a hot sweat kitchen for the summer to teach him to try harder at school. Instead he was told "One day all this will be yours" instead of "One day all this might be yours", big difference.

He should be sent out to pasture for a few years to learn what the industry is REALLY about. Which is Minimum wage in London, and kitchen porter in the south of France and working on cruise ships. When you earn your stripes then you can come home. He was probably off to be Molly Coddled at Cork IT (where you know he would be given a soft ride and get the awards and competitions). Its a bit late but some tough parenting could still be done, rather than indulge notions of these fantasies.

What are you on about? Do you even know that this guy wants to be a chef or wants to be part of the same industry his family are in? Has he ever made any public statements about his career choices??

You make an awful lot of baseless assumptions about him in fairness.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    ah the old begrudgery trope, the last refuge of those who can't argue the facts.

As outlined in my post Formula 1 is a playground of billionaires and the Allens are not that, as seen by the fact that they are shilling him about to investors for 250k a pop. I've been following Formula 1 for a long time and know very well how it works and how the kids of the mega wealthy hoover up all the driving seats through financial power alone. For fans of the sport this has been very frustrating but it is the cold harsh reality when it costs up to $300m a year just to run two cars for a season. Someone has to pay for that and if a billionaire comes along and throws the team $50m so his son can drive then thats what will and does happen.

It is ironic that his dad Issac is saying that they think he can emulate Eddie Irvine when if Eddie Irvine was about today and just starting his career at 18 years of age even he wouldnt be able to get into Formula 1 like he did 20 years ago. The current world champion Lewis Hamilton came out a few months ago and said he doubted that he would make it into Formula 1 right now because he came from a middle class background. And thats coming from someone who is a world class driver with 6 World Championship titles to his name.

So call it begrudgery all you want. Id call it the informed opinion of someone who has been following the sport for over 30 years and knows the harsh realities of thousands of drivers all vying for a paltry 20 driving seats. Money always wins out in that situation so unless Rachel has $50m burning in her back pocket Lucca wont be getting within an asses roar of Formula 1. And anyone investing 250k believing that he will is going to lose their shirt.

So I suppose he should give up, because you said so. Jaysus, I hope you dont pass on that negative attitude to your own kids if you have any.

Is he going to make it in F1? Unlikely. Will be make it perhaps as a professional driver elsewhere? More likely. If he gives it a go, falls a tad short but still drives race cars for a decade or so, so ****ing what. At least he can look back when he is older with no regrets saying he gave it a right go. Same as anyone with any dream, but then in Ireland someone with a dream outside of a civil service job or being on the dole, one must have notions about themselves. Tut tut, what will the negihbours think!

What is it to you, anway. It wont cost you a penny, but I guess you will get the smug satisfaction that someone somewhere out there has 'failed' in life. I guess that makes you happy. Well done, says infantitlly more about you, than him, IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

What are you on about? Do you even know that this guy wants to be a chef or wants to be part of the same industry his family are in? Has he ever made any public statements about his career choices??

You make an awful lot of baseless assumptions about him in fairness.

Well if he has dropped out of school before the Junior cert it might be a bit of an assumption but I dont think NASA are going to be head hunting him any time soon.

He has made a fairly strong statement on what he wanted to do when he got caught by the Guards.

Well if he has dropped out of school before the Junior cert it might be a bit of an assumption but I dont think NASA are going to be head hunting him any time soon.

So, your entire post was made on an assumption. Glad we cleared that one out.

• Advertisement

So, your entire post was made on an assumption. Glad we cleared that one out.

Lets just wait and see to what does next. A criminal record is something of an impediment to gainful employment. This guy is going to be operating the potato chipper for the next few years in East Cork

So I suppose he should give up, because you said so. Jaysus, I hope you dont pass on that negative attitude to your own kids if you have any.

Is he going to make it in F1? Unlikely. Will be make it perhaps as a professional driver elsewhere? More likely. If he gives it a go, falls a tad short but still drives race cars for a decade or so, so ****ing what. At least he can look back when he is older with no regrets saying he gave it a right go. Same as anyone with any dream, but then in Ireland someone with a dream outside of a civil service job or being on the dole, one must have notions about themselves. Tut tut, what will the negihbours think!

What is it to you, anway. It wont cost you a penny, but I guess you will get the smug satisfaction that someone somewhere out there has 'failed' in life. I guess that makes you happy. Well done, says infantitlly more about you, than him, IMO.

Yet again you show you know nothing about the sport :rolleyes: He is a race car driver who is having to pay money over to a team to race their cars. Its a ridiculous situation, have you ever heard of any other sportsmen who have to pay their own money to play ?

Tell us where do you think the Allens are going to get $50m odd to buy him a ride in Formula 1? Because thats what it takes to get in. Yet they are the ones shilling him around to investors for 250k a pop. 250k wouldnt even pay for the rear left suspension on a Formula 1 car, dont mind actually getting to drive in one. All those investors are going to get burnt and lose their money and whats worse is the Allens will already know this themselves if they have any clue about Formula 1. Yet they're pretty happy to take other peoples money to fund the inevitable losses. Its as brazen as you can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,496 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Lets just wait and see to what does next. A criminal record is something of an impediment to gainful employment. This guy is going to be operating the potato chipper for the next few years in East Cork

If the guy is a good enough chef and can fill restaraunts someone will hire him. But that's a very big if because, as Marko said earlier, we have no idea if he's even remotely interested in catering.

Not do we have any idea if he's got astrophysics on the radar, so while NASA might be ready to throw money at him, he migth not be interested in that either.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

If the guy is a good enough chef and can fill restaraunts someone will hire him. But that's a very big if because, as Marko said earlier, we have no idea if he's even remotely interested in catering.

Not do we have any idea if he's got astrophysics on the radar, so while NASA might be ready to throw money at him, he migth not be interested in that either.

If he was interested in Cheffing he would be a qualified chef by now and would be learning his trade overseas ..... oh wait he is not. Going to find it hard to get finance with a criminal record. The only thing this young lad is interested in is getting smokes and bunking off school. Going to find travel hard with a record. I would say its back to the potato chipper with him.

If he was interested in Cheffing he would be a qualified chef by now and would be learning his trade overseas ..... oh wait he is not. Going to find it hard to get finance with a criminal record. The only thing this young lad is interested in is getting smokes and bunking off school. Going to find travel hard with a record. I would say its back to the potato chipper with him.

Why are you obbsessiong with his career choice? Do most 19 year old know what they want to do with their lives?

Whatever he does/does not do with his life, I wish him all the best, like any decent person would, rather than wishing him well, because inside it makes them feel better about themselves.

Yet again you show you know nothing about the sport :rolleyes: He is a race car driver who is having to pay money over to a team to race their cars. Its a ridiculous situation, have you ever heard of any other sportsmen who have to pay their own money to play ?

Tell us where do you think the Allens are going to get $50m odd to buy him a ride in Formula 1? Because thats what it takes to get in. Yet they are the ones shilling him around to investors for 250k a pop. 250k wouldnt even pay for the rear left suspension on a Formula 1 car, dont mind actually getting to drive in one. All those investors are going to get burnt and lose their money and whats worse is the Allens will already know this themselves if they have any clue about Formula 1. Yet they're pretty happy to take other peoples money to fund the inevitable losses. Its as brazen as you can get.

I already said, that him making it to F1 is unlikely. But at least he has the balls to go for it, rather than spending time sniping from the sidelines and enjoying the misery of others, like it was a hobby.

As I said, what is it to you. You just like the person because of their background and you want them to fail at every hurdle. What kind of person does that make you.

Do you have kids?

Why are you obbsessiong with his career choice? Do most 19 year old know what they want to do with their lives?

Whatever he does/does not do with his life, I wish him all the best, like any decent person would, rather than wishing him well, because inside it makes them feel better about themselves.

Well He has put himself in the public eye and he is fair game for criticism.
    Who appointed you his public advocate?

I already said, that him making it to F1 is unlikely. But at least he has the balls to go for it, rather than spending time sniping from the sidelines and enjoying the misery of others, like it was a hobby.

I am over 40 and a bit pudgy, a face like the back of the bus. I want to debut for the Bolshoi Ballet, would you tell me to follow my dream or would you tell me to stop wasting my time and grow up and cop on? If the answer is follow my dream I would like to invite you to a private recital in my garage in the woods. Would you also bring some Lotion, for rubbing all over itself?

Yet they are the ones shilling him around to investors for 250k a pop. 250k wouldnt even pay for the rear left suspension on a Formula 1 car, dont mind actually getting to drive in one. All those investors are going to get burnt and lose their money and whats worse is the Allens will already know this themselves if they have any clue about Formula 1.

Imagine you are a preferred supplier to Ballymaloe? And your business depends on your reputation as a preferred supplied and you get asked to invest in this Turkey expedition? What would you say? Talk about awkward.

Also you are not permitted to offer your opinion. I wouldnt trust that stoner to mix popcorn and minstrels let alone turn up sober to drive a F1 car.

Well He has put himself in the public eye and he is fair game for criticism.
    Who appointed you his public advocate?

He had the choice that his parents were famous? :pac:

• Advertisement

As I said, what is it to you. You just like the person because of their background and you want them to fail at every hurdle. What kind of person does that make you.

Do you have kids?

So you agree that he isnt going to make F1 yet you're fine with his parents shilling him out for 250k on the promise of a cut of his supposed $10m a year Formula 1 wages. Ok so :rolleyes:

He means nothing to me but if I see an investment scam in the offing Im going to call it out. He wont be making F1 unless the Allens have a spare $50m lying about somewhere, which they dont. But they're fine getting other people to fund a dream that is basically unattainable, and they'll know it to be too if they've any clue about Formula 1. Thats dodgy as fcuk.

He had the choice that his parents were famous? :pac:

No he made that choice to be a model and do spreads in the Sunday Indo. He could have stayed in the background and just gone and done something ordinary but he wanted to sell drugs.

But they're fine getting other people to fund a dream that is basically unattainable, and they'll know it to be too if they've any clue about Formula 1. Thats dodgy as fcuk.

so to recap, there is going to be no profit once everyone has been paid and they have extracted managment fees, drives salaries, publicity fees and promotion? Where would corporate entertainment be done? Ballymaloe?

Yeah that is a scam. But wont someone think of the "Brand" and the "image"?

I am over 40 and a bit pudgy, a face like the back of the bus. I want to debut for the Bolshoi Ballet, would you tell me to follow my dream or would you tell me to stop wasting my time and grow up and cop on? If the answer is follow my dream I would like to invite you to a private recital in my garage in the woods. Would you also bring some Lotion, for rubbing all over itself?

If you really wanted to be a ballet dancer, then off with you, who am I to tell you no?

Its a free country with a big world out there.

In the very likely event that you wont make it to the Bolshoi, then perhaps you can have a decent career lower down the ranks doing something that you love, if that is ballet dancing, or whatever.

It's like saying to every professional footballer out there that they are useless unless you win the Ballon d'Orr or a World cup.
    There are plenty of people/athletes/musicans around the world who may not be lighting it up on the world stage, at the top of their professions but still do well for themselves and most importantly are happy and are doing what they love.

I certainly wouldn't let misery junkies dictate their value in the world or life.

So you agree that he isnt going to make F1 yet you're fine with his parents shilling him out for 250k on the promise of a cut of his supposed $10m a year Formula 1 wages. Ok so :rolleyes:

I said its unlikely. If someone wants to fund his career off with them. Its not your money or my money. Why do you care so much?
    He means nothing to me...

Clearly he means something to you, seeing as you post about him so much.

The audacity of someone trying to follow a different career path and try his hand as something he loves. The absolute cheek of him. How dare he try and live his life the way he wants to.... tut tut!

Lets face it, if the kid was from a working class family and was looking for the same money, you would probably not post your inane hatred about the kid.

Does it feel good to want wish ill on a random 17 year ol kid?
    I bet you have a secret twitter account used to troll people sick stuff online.

There are plenty of people/athletes/musicans around the world who may not be lighting it up on the world stage, at the top of their professions but still do well for themselves and most importantly are happy and are doing what they love.

I certainly wouldn't let misery junkies dictate their value in the world or life.

There is a big difference between between fostering a hobby and promoting an out right scam. There is serious money here changing hands.

You are right about the misery junkies, any chance you would buy some magic beans from me?

There is a big difference between between fostering a hobby and promoting an out right scam. There is serious money here changing hands.

You are right about the misery junkies, any chance you would buy some magic beans from me?

Hmmm, I think people who have a spare 250k in their back pocket or the nessesary 50 million needed would know a bit more about money than you...
    Just saying....

Hmmm, I think people who have a spare 250k in their back pocket or the nessesary 50 million needed would know a bit more about money than you...
    Just saying....

I am not talking about them, I am talking about the suppliers who will be leverage to pay for this folly. There is no way either of the Musgrave twins or Pallas foods will fork out for this. But who might be forced to cough up is some poor sap who is a supplier to them. That is who they will be targeting.

I would have been a supporter of the Allen family until this scandal. Previous scandals I would have look at them dealing with it internally. Now I am seeing them as they really are.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I'd imagine a good chunk of them have an idea alright, yeah. Considering they'll be finished school and either starting work or a college course relating to what they want to do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I am over 40 and a bit pudgy

Are the Allen's resipies that irrisistable?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement