Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rachel Allen’s son arrested for €30,000 drugs seizure

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

I am not talking about them, I am talking about the suppliers who will be leverage to pay for this folly. There is no way either of the Musgrave twins or Pallas foods will fork out for this. But who might be forced to cough up is some poor sap who is a supplier to them. That is who they will be targeting.

Ah yea, poor Musgraves, a privately owned retailer that turns over close to €4 Billion a year. Or Pallas food, with a turn over of over €350 million I am sure they will be sweating over the intense presure put on them by Rachel Allen and Co....

:rolleyes::pac:

I never knew suppliers signed legal contracts with the Allens that they had to hand over money, free of charge, to support this.

Best get onto the Echo, that story writes itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

markodaly wrote: »
    Ah yea, poor Musgraves, a privately owned retailer that turns over close to €4 Billion a year. Or Pallas food, with a turn over of over €350 million I am sure they will be sweating over the intense presure put on them by Rachel Allen and Co....

:rolleyes::pac:

Did you even read the words you're replying too?

Did you even read the words you're replying too?

Yes.

The poster in question thinks Rachel Allen is going to try and twist the elblow of their suppliers, big and small. Apparently their reach is like the Provos.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Yes.

The poster in question thinks Rachel Allen is going to try and twist the elblow of their suppliers, big and small. Apparently their reach is like the Provos.

No, they said the big ones wont be, that it's the small, vulnerable ones who will have their arms twisted.
    . There is no way either of the Musgrave twins or Pallas foods will fork out for this. .

I’m in danger of confusing the two sons - one a convicted drug supplier and the other wants to be a F1 driver, right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,524 ✭✭✭✭Water John

They're quite the same really, both deluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭golfball37

The laws need changing. This kid isn't a danger to society. Two guys with 60 convictions got a supsended sentence last year for beating my cousin half to death, he had 4 months in hospital and they drove their car over him after the beating. Laughed all the way through the hearing too. All he did was defend a girl they were attacking.

When you see this guy getting actual time you'd really wonder what sort of legal system we have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

She married the husband, that was something she chose. She cant complain about her son. She enabled him to have a fast car and loose cash. Which is strange because they are a very thrifty family. If I said I was dropping out of school at the same age I would have been beaten black and blue. You know why? Because there was no Plan B for me. There was no farm, business, trade, civil service or trade union job. It was just get an education and get out.

This dope has squandered every chance and privilege that has been put before him. He has never worked in a kitchen for minimum wage, never shopped in Pennys or never had a summer job. Whos fault is that?

If I give an alcoholic a bottle of whiskey, whos fault is it if he get drunk goes home and beats the crap out of his wife? Am I responsible for enabling him?

Oh and that means that every posh kid sets up an international drug business. Would ya get lost. Not every posh kid that's handed everything breaks the law and acts the bollox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

golfball37 wrote: »
    The laws need changing. This kid isn't a danger to society.

This guy was a John Delorean in the making, minus the brains and success. I am sure there is more money in more dense drugs and using the Ballymaloe establishment as a vehicle for bringing it in. All he needed was a few years.

cloudatlas wrote: »
    Oh and that means that every posh kid sets up an international drug business. Would ya get lost. Not every posh kid that's handed everything breaks the law and acts the bollox.

Not teaching kids the value of money and hard work is a good thing? Bill Gates is giving very little to his kids, Trump used to follow his father around sites. Warren Buffett is notoriously frugal. The Queen kept her fridge that she bought in the 1950s up to a few years back.
    There are loads of presidents of rich kids going off the rails, not completing school, drugs and no driven career. The reason most rich kids don't go off the rails is proper parenting. I have often seen my sister say NO to her child when she can afford nice things but it teaches the kid boundaries. I doubt this kids was ever said no to in his life. As a result he never said no in society.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,496 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

If he was interested in Cheffing he would be a qualified chef by now and would be learning his trade overseas ..... oh wait he is not. Going to find it hard to get finance with a criminal record. The only thing this young lad is interested in is getting smokes and bunking off school. Going to find travel hard with a record. I would say its back to the potato chipper with him.

Blatant contradiction to your previous post, more assumption, post written entirely out if spite and ignorance, and wtf is "cheffing"...?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

, and wtf is "cheffing"...?

https://www.google.com/search?q=cheffing&rlz=1C1CHBD_enIE811IE811&oq=cheffing&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l7.1653j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

work as a chef.
    "he spent the next seven years cheffing in top restaurants and hotels in Germany"

Not an Assumption, if joined the course at 17 he would be finished by now and out on placement. He would be lining up his next move at this stage and with his connections it would be anywhere... London, Vegas, Italy, France. The world could have been his oyster. How do I know? Because I used to be a chef.

Blatant contradiction to your previous post, more assumption, post written entirely out if spite and ignorance, and wtf is "cheffing"...?

Nope it follows if someone had shown him a bit of tough love and hadnt been so loose with the money. He would have been fine. Probably would be wearing Donal Skeehans crown.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,496 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Nope it follows if someone had shown him a bit of tough love and hadnt been so loose with the money. He would have been fine. Probably would be wearing Donal Skeehans crown.

Completly irrelevant to the points I made about your previous posts, where you made several assumptions and ignorant remarks, so why should I take a blind guess like this with anything other than a pinch of salt, if you'll pain the pun?

Or can prove a direct link between parental styles and drug dealing? Can you prove that he wasn't a victim of 'a bit of tough love' when he was growing up? Are you saying you know the Allens' well enough to comment on there parenting style? If so, how? If not, you're taking even more bollocks!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Completly irrelevant to the points I made about your previous posts, where you made several assumptions and ignorant remarks, so why should I take a blind guess like this with anything other than a pinch of salt, if you'll pain the pun?

Or can prove a direct link between parental styles and drug dealing? Can you prove that he wasn't a victim of 'a bit of tough love' when he was growing up? Are you saying you know the Allens' well enough to comment on there parenting style? If so, how? If not, you're taking even more bollocks!

Well he didnt get that flash car emptying grease traps and making short bread cookies. Rachael could have knocked some sense into him and taken the car away and make it more difficult to get drugs.

Not teaching kids the value of money and hard work is a good thing? Bill Gates is giving very little to his kids, Trump used to follow his father around sites. Warren Buffett is notoriously frugal. The Queen kept her fridge that she bought in the 1950s up to a few years back.
    There are loads of presidents of rich kids going off the rails, not completing school, drugs and no driven career. The reason most rich kids don't go off the rails is proper parenting. I have often seen my sister say NO to her child when she can afford nice things but it teaches the kid boundaries. I doubt this kids was ever said no to in his life. As a result he never said no in society.

Er I went to a fee paying school and worked during the summers most other students didn't, some students had parents who were millionaires they had flash cars, clothes, went abroad often, they haven't turned to a life of crime. This is what happens when you grow up differently and turn out okay you think 'this must be the way' sure stacking shelves builds character I appreciate what I have etc., . Having money does not give someone some kind of higher moral character that means that their privilege should be attacked should they fall to the wayside. The young man was very stupid... we don't know what his parents did, they could have tried their best and it still could have happened. Could be he was influenced by his friends... could be he's just a dick. Saying having money is the over riding factor here is silly.

The young man was very stupid... we don't know what his parents did, they could have tried their best and it still could have happened. Could be he was influenced by his friends... could be he's just a dick. Saying having money is the over riding factor here is silly.

Its not about the money, its the money with discipline.

Its not about the money, its the money with discipline.

Trust me he could have ended up being a wee shiite whether he worked in Penney's over the summer or not.

Trust me he could have ended up being a wee shiite whether he worked in Penney's over the summer or not.

True, but he couldnt have gotten the money together and use the same innocuous wholesome brand company to import drugs.

True, but he couldnt have gotten the money together and use the same innocuous wholesome brand company to import drugs.

:pac: Right and Rachel Allen should have foreseen that....better not give billy anything because he'll become an international drug baron. 'What is your son doing over the summer Mary'. 'Oh Fionn is scrubbing floors you know to keep him away from the sex trafficking'. 'Ah right so'.

• Advertisement

:pac: Right and Rachel Allen should have foreseen that....better not give billy anything because he'll become an international drug baron. 'What is your son doing over the summer Mary'. 'Oh Fionn is scrubbing floors you know to keep him away from the sex trafficking'. 'Ah right so'.

You assume this all happened over night and Rachael had no prior knowledge of it. I have friends in Catering and Cork where I lived. They had several warnings about it. Well yeah idle hands temp the devil. If he was learning his family trade from the bottom up he wouldnt have time for drugs. When Fred Trump used to visit sites, young donald used to pick up nails. When I was on my uncles farm I used to learn to drive the tractor and milk cows. Rachael could have nipped this in the bud early.

In ever said not give him anything but there is a difference between pocket money or minimum wage on the school and lets go and buy him a roadster for his birthday at 16?

No, they said the big ones wont be, that it's the small, vulnerable ones who will have their arms twisted.

Ah yes, the small vulnerable ones.
    What's the deal here? Sign up, or else, lose a contract?

As I said, get onto the Echo, the story will win a prize.

Or maybe it's just idle speculation, like most of the crap written on this topic.

Ah yes, the small vulnerable ones.
    What's the deal here? Sign up, or else, lose a contract?

Itsn't that how it works? Didnt Conrad Gallagher make similar threats to people when they demanded to be paid?

You assume this all happened over night and Rachael had no prior knowledge of it. I have friends in Catering and Cork where I lived. They had several warnings about it. Well yeah idle hands temp the devil. If he was learning his family trade from the bottom up he wouldnt have time for drugs. When Fred Trump used to visit sites, young donald used to pick up nails. When I was on my uncles farm I used to learn to drive the tractor and milk cows. Rachael could have nipped this in the bud early.

In ever said not give him anything but there is a difference between pocket money or minimum wage on the school and lets go and buy him a roadster for his birthday at 16?

Will you listen to yourself, with your back seating parenting psychobabble.
    You have zero ideas on how his parents did in regards to raising this kid or not.

They have three kids, I presume the other two are OK, seeing as they are not dealing drugs. :rolleyes:

You are just bitter that they have a bit of money to their name, and you don't.
    You were a chef you say, why aren't you anymore?

Itsn't that how it works? Didnt Conrad Gallagher make similar threats to people when they demanded to be paid?

Your point is... all chefs are crooks..
    As I said, werent you one? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

golfball37 wrote: »
    The laws need changing. This kid isn't a danger to society.

I disagree, I don't care if adults smoke weed but if he was dealing to even younger kids and then ignored the conditions imposed during proceeding he well deserves his time.

What happened to your cousin is another story.

I'm not privy to the gossip but I'd say there's a big leap between possession of a substance, consumption of it and then flying to London to pay for a large amount of drugs in order to traffic them that no parent could foresee that escalation...

Will you listen to yourself, with your back seating parenting psychobabble.
    You have zero ideas on how his parents did in regards to raising this kid or not.

They have three kids, I presume the other two are OK, seeing as they are not dealing drugs. :rolleyes:

You are just bitter that they have a bit of money to their name, and you don't.
    You were a chef you say, why aren't you anymore?

No I am not bitter actually I have been to Ballymaloe and thought it had wonderful standards. I know great people who have studied there. I dont begrudge anyone who has worked hard for what they got. I do begrudge anyone who has squandered education and opportunity. I am amazed how Darina grew the school from nothing in the 1980's.

I have experience in catering(pot wash, comis, chef) that is all that is all you need to know. How about you ask a better question? how about why is there a massive drop off in chefs after 5 years?

I'm not privy to the gossip but I'd say there's a big leap between possession of a substance, consumption of it and then flying to London to pay for a large amount of drugs in order to traffic them that no parent could foresee that escalation...

Ahhh it was known in Cork that he was dealing in Cork county. If he was playing cat and mouse games with the Drug Squad then the community guard knew, then Rachael knew. She could have made the fast car disappear, limit his access to cash. Put him outside the family business like was done to someone else.

• Advertisement

Your point is... all chefs are crooks..
    As I said, werent you one? :pac:

I didnt say that either. Yes I was a chef and it is one tough business, either working for one or being the boss.

The Allens arent just chefs, they are a media, educational and lifestyle company. Big difference to renting unit and running a greasy spoon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement