Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rachel Allen’s son arrested for €30,000 drugs seizure

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

markodaly wrote: »
    Right, so you prove my point.
    This thread exists primarily because this person didnt committed some henious crime, it exists because they come from a famous family, the crime is a mere secondary act.
    No no no. Don't even try that.
    The catalyst here was his criminal activities. He was caught with €22k of illegal drugs, and it was his 3rd/4th time doing this, so we're in the range of €50-€100k. And he was likely to continue doing this, but he was caught.

The thread certainly exists because he is also from a well known family. Why does this surprise you? There's chance there would be a thread on him, even if he wasn't from the family, as someone may have started a thread about a 17 year old criminal caught with illegal drugs.

You seem to have a greater problem with some online abuse, which may be quite unsavory and I haven't done, but you seem to be far more forgiving to actual criminal activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

With what? 90% mark up? so that is 270k profit minus pay offs? possibly 10% tax to the local IRA head for a lisence to trade? That is a nice little profit for the Jazz Weekend? Why would you be bothered with Madera and Sourdough recipies.

What $hite is this?

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/rachel-allens-son-joshua-jailed-for-15-months-38999502.html
    She had been paid €2,000 in London for the delivery.

The street value of that €2,000 worth of Cannabis is €22,000 which is always generous and over stated by the Gardai and Press.

Local IRA heads.. Jazz weekend.. sure why not say he hired a Colombian hit man while you are at it.

Augeo wrote: »
    I don't think it was that lucrative.....

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/circuit-court/joshua-allen-jailed-for-15-months-for-drugs-offences-1.4187889......

"The drugs, which had a street value of €22,694, were addressed to Joshua Allen at Ballymaloe Cookery School and gardaí organised a controlled delivery of the package to Allen on August 30th, 2018 at Ballymaloe Cookery School.

Allen signed for and accepted the package outside the shop at the cookery school and gardaí watched him open the package before moving in and arrested him for questioning about the drugs.

Det Sgt O’Halloran said Allen told gardaí it was the third or fourth such delivery that he had organised,"

3rd or 4th time is fairly vague though........... at 4 times you are looking at €90k streetvalue.

My understanding was that he smoked most of it, at least that is what was reported and he dabbled a little bit to break even. No was no Escobar anyway.

No no no. Don't even try that.

It is true though, you basically admitted it.

The thread certainly exists because he is also from a well known family.

Come off it. Show me one other thread about a nobody caught with this amount of Cannibas from the last 20 years on boards, Just one will do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/rachel-allens-son-joshua-jailed-for-15-months-38999502.html

The street value of that €2,000 worth of Cannabis is €22,000 which is always generous and over stated by the Gardai and Press.

Well I stand corrected on that but the other stuff? Yeah once it gets known you have a little cottage industry like that going you either have to pay people off or give people up. Its easier to pay people off in the long run.

• Advertisement

My understanding was that he smoked most of it, at least that is what was reported and he dabbled a little bit to break even. No was no Escobar anyway.

I'd say your understanding is wide of the mark......... you hardly think he smoked €90k worth over 2 years or less?
    It also wasn't part of the defence iirc.

"Joshua Allen (19) of Ballinamona, Shanagarry, Co Cork had pleaded guilty last year to three drug offences, including one of possessing 1.134 kilos of cannabis for sale or supply at Ballymaloe Cookery School on 30 August 2018"

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

who is he,willie nelson?

Well I stand corrected on that but the other stuff? Yeah once it gets known you have a little cottage industry like that going you either have to pay people off or give people up. Its easier to pay people off in the long run.

So, you are making stuff up now to try and further your point?

Give him time, he is no stranger to the devils dandruff because he was caught with that too on his possession. He used the company to import the drugs. This lad is a little sh1t magnet. Now CAB have a reason to go looking into Ballymaloe. I am surprised how indulgent his mother is about this. My parents if I had done the same would be like sort out your own solicitor and have your room vacated by next weekend.

It is true though, you basically admitted it.
    Stop. Seriously. Stop. :pac:

This thread exists primarily because this person committed a crime. That was the spark for all of this. You keep excusing him for that.
    Come off it. Show me one other thread about a nobody caught with this amount of Cannibas from the last 20 years on boards, Just one will do.
    Why does this thread surprise you? Of course fame plays it's part. If Leo decides to grab €22k worth of drugs on his way back into the country and gets caught,. this place would explode. And you know what, it'd be Leo's fault.

• Advertisement

I'd say your understanding is wide of the mark......... you hardly think he smoked €90k worth over 2 years or less?
    It also wasn't part of the defence iirc.

"Joshua Allen (19) of Ballinamona, Shanagarry, Co Cork had pleaded guilty last year to three drug offences, including one of possessing 1.134 kilos of cannabis for sale or supply at Ballymaloe Cookery School on 30 August 2018"

The maths are all off.

There are approx 39 ounces in 1.1 kg
    That means an ounce had the 'street value' of €565.

There is no way in hell you can actually sell an ounce of Cannabis for that price in Ireland.
    The Gardai always ham up the value of drugs for their own ends.

For reference.
    https://hightimes.com/guides/ounce-weed-cost-around-world/
    In the United Kingdom, weed has a medium social acceptance and law enforcement rating. The average price of medium to high-quality cannabis is $256.33 USD according to a sample size of 9,780. Market quotations had an ounce of top-shelf Chem Dog in London priced at $343.50 USD

$256 is about €245. The Gardai are putting a x2 marker on the price.

A heavy smoker of Cannabis could easily go through an ounce a week. Say he smoked half and sold the other half to feed the habit.

Stop. Seriously. Stop. :pac:

This thread exists primarily because this person committed a crime. That was the spark for all of this. You keep excusing him for that.

Why does this thread surprise you? Of course fame plays it's part. If Leo decides to grab €22k worth of drugs on his way back into the country and gets caught,. this place would explode. And you know what, it'd be Leo's fault.

You are contradicting yourself in the same post.

The only reason we have this thread is because of who he is, not what he did.

The fact you cannot find me another example, says it all.

You are contradicting yourself in the same post.

The only reason we have this thread is because of who he is, not what he did.
    Stating that the crime (which you breeze over once again) was the catalyst, and then stating that fame plays a part, is not a contradiction.
    The fact you cannot find me another example, says it all.
    There's a difference between not finding, and not searching.
    Is there a thread on the young fella before he committed the crime? Can you find that example?

You seem set on excusing the criminal.

The maths are all off.

There are approx 39 ounces in 1.1 kg
    That means an ounce had the 'street value' of €565.

There is no way in hell you can actually sell an ounce of Cannabis for that price in Ireland.
    The Gardai always ham up the value of drugs for their own ends.

For reference.
    https://hightimes.com/guides/ounce-weed-cost-around-world/

$256 is about €245. The Gardai are putting a x2 marker on the price.

A heavy smoker of Cannabis could easily go through an ounce a week. Say he smoked half and sold the other half to feed the habit.

And then there's the other 2 or 3 lots he said he brought in.

I'd not believe he smoked half of it tbh, and as he pleaded guilty I reckon it's simply not true.

Stating that the crime (which you breeze over once again) was the catalyst, and then stating that fame plays a part, is not a contradiction.

People are arrested all the time for drug offences, yet none of them get their own thread. That tells you all you need to know.

Add to that and the vacous ideal chat about the Allen family there after.
    We had talk about their religion (well it would not be Ireland for us NOT to comment on their Protestantism).
    We had chat about the other son's ambitions to be a professional race car driver.
    We had chat about the culinary schools itself.
    We had chat about them being frugal but good business people.
    We had chat about the types of ovens they use.
    We had chat about their house that is up for sale..
    Among others...

But yea, really really this is all about the 'crime' this boy committed.

You are only fooling yourself and a few followers.

And then there's the other 2 or 3 lots he said he brought in.

I'd not believe he smoked half of it tbh, and as he pleaded guilty I reckon it's simply not true.

I don't know, but he was a heavy user of it.
    Pleading guilty because he was guilty at the end of the day. If you bring in a kilo, smoke half, sell the other half to some friends, its still a crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,336 ✭✭✭✭Esel

A heavy smoker of Cannabis could easily go through an ounce a week.
    Bob Marley in his prime - maybe.

Not your ornery onager

I don't know........

Oh right.

I must have picked you up wrong when you said he smoked half of it and sold the other half to break even :)

What the child wanted was a good kick in the hole and told to go to school and not indulging in fantasies of race cars and other nonsense.

Meanwhile I have to go back to building my rocket ship so I can go off fighting Romulans. What am I using for fuel? Fairy Liquid.
    The parents are really more to blame than anyone.

People are arrested all the time for drug offences, yet none of them get their own thread. That tells you all you need to know.
    I don’t know what you are arguing against. Of course the more famous you are the increased chance there will be a thread. So what?
    I’m saying the catalyst to getting his own thread was the crime he committed. That was the first act, by him. At least he admits it.
    Add to that and the vacous ideal chat about the Allen family there after.
    We had talk about their religion (well it would not be Ireland for us NOT to comment on their Protestantism).
    We had chat about the other son's ambitions to be a professional race car driver.
    We had chat about the culinary schools itself.
    We had chat about them being frugal but good business people.
    We had chat about the types of ovens they use.
    We had chat about their house that is up for sale..
    Among others...
    And I didn’t take part in any of that. Nothing to do with me. But as distasteful as that may be, it’s still nothing in comparison to the crime that was committed, which you have no problem trying to defend.

But yea, really really this is all about the 'crime' this boy committed.

You are only fooling yourself and a few followers.
    Never said it all about the crime. You keep making stuff up. You’re fooling no one by doing so.
    Any luck on finding a thread about him before he committed his crime?

• Advertisement

I have heard it said that the first generation (Myrtle etc) founds & builds up the family business, the second generation (Darina etc) consolidates it, and the next generation squanders it, so they are the last generation to have the lights on. Rachel & co seem to be following in this pattern. Albeit it’s her & Isaac’s son who has done the squandering, they seem to have sewn the seeds for that to happen.

............. Rachel & co seem to be following in this pattern. Albeit it’s her & Isaac’s son who has done the squandering, they seem to have sewn the seeds for that to happen.

I think Rachel might have lost a nice few quid on her Rachel's restaurant endeavour.......... refurbed and then rebranded as Dwyers with a different menu etc.......... all preCovid.

15 months after it opened it got a €1m identity change............ https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/rachel-allen-to-close-city-restaurant-for-1m-eight-week-revamp-472928.html

I doubt it paid it's way.

What the child wanted was a good kick in the hole

By that comment alone, I can tell you are not a parent.

The solutions to all life's problems, a kick up the hole. :rolleyes:

Of course the more famous you are the increased chance there will be a thread. So what?

This is my point.

I’m saying the catalyst to getting his own thread was the crime he committed. That was the first act, by him. At least he admits it.

The catalyst was and is his fame for the crime of being born into a well known family, first and foremost.
    And I didn’t take part in any of that. Nothing to do with me. But as distasteful as that may be, it’s still nothing in comparison to the crime that was committed, which you have no problem trying to defend.

The crime of dealing cannabis, which is on course for decrimilisation? Its on par with not paying your TV license.
    Once upon a time it was illegal to be Gay in Ireland, I guess we were justified in locking them up?
    Never said it all about the crime.

Thank you for proving my point.

The catalyst was and is his fame for the crime of being born into a well known family, first and foremost.
    So where’s the thread about him before the crime? No? Ok.
    The crime of dealing cannabis, which is on course for decrimilisation? Its on par with not paying your TV license.

Once upon a time it was illegal to be Gay in Ireland, I guess we were justified in locking them up.
    Terrible argument. Just terrible.
    BTW, nothing done in this thread is illegal, but not stopping you from condoning it. Pick one side or the other at least.

Thank you for proving my point.
    I said it was wasn’t all about the crime, but it was the catalyst. So you agree. Thanks.

I think Rachel might have lost a nice few quid on her Rachel's restaurant endeavour.......... refurbed and then rebranded as Dwyers with a different menu etc.......... all preCovid.

15 months after it opened it got a €1m identity change............ https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/rachel-allen-to-close-city-restaurant-for-1m-eight-week-revamp-472928.html

I doubt it paid it's way.

She doesn’t seem to be quite as solid a businesswoman as her elder relatives. She has the go-ahead etc and wants her own identity but doesn’t always seem to make best decisions.

The crime of dealing cannabis, which is on course for decrimilisation? .....

Dealing cannabis is on course for decriminalisation?

By that comment alone, I can tell you are not a parent.

The solutions to all life's problems, a kick up the hole. :rolleyes:

Gimme a chance I amn't even married a year.

I got one when I needed one and I turned out alright. No criminal record, a couple of degree and happily married. Spare the rod and spoil the child.

Albeit it’s her & Isaac’s son who has done the squandering, they seem to have sewn the seeds for that to happen.

Less talk about Isaac *eyes dart shiftily*.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Less talk about Isaac *eyes dart shiftily*.

Isaac is an arsehole.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement