Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rachel Allen’s son arrested for €30,000 drugs seizure

Options

Comments

One thing’s for sure; neither Rachel or Isaac wanted their son to go down the drugs route, let alone dealing in it (no matter on a small scale, it seems). There’s a real whiff of judgement coming of some of the posts on here. There’s a lot worse going on in the world to get agitated about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

One thing’s for sure; neither Rachel or Isaac wanted their son to go down the drugs route, let alone dealing in it (no matter on a small scale, it seems). There’s a real whiff of judgement coming of some of the posts on here. There’s a lot worse going on in the world to get agitated about

Well if they took appropriate counter measures, it would never have happened. Me thinks an indulgent mother is at fault. Should have taken away the car, kick up the ass and off to boarding school might have saved him.

What sort of idiot allows their child to drop out of school at 15 with no plan?

Well if they took appropriate counter measures, it would never have happened. Me thinks an indulgent mother is at fault. Should have taken away the car, kick up the ass and off to boarding school might have saved him.

We are not all perfect parents, by the way

We are not all perfect parents, by the way

Yeah but that is a fair epic screw up.

Yeah but that is a fair epic screw up.

Of course it is.

As parents, many of us do our best to bring up our children with a moral compass and a set of values - by the way, some don’t give a monkey’s - and I’d make a stab in the dark that the Allen’s did try to imbue the right sort of morals in their kids. Maybe they did give their boys too much, I don’t know, I wasn’t privy to that. But I’d venture that many of us would do the same, giving them all the opportunities possible.

• Advertisement

Of course it is.

Maybe they did give their boys too much, I don’t know, I wasn’t privy to that. But I’d venture that many of us would do the same, giving them all the opportunities possible.

At what age do you think it is appropriate to give your teenage child a sports car?
    At what age did you think it is appropriate to allow your child to drop out of school formal education without an alternative plan?
    There seems to be no discipline or moral values, possibly because the parental influences.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

That's true, there's a lot worse going on in that family

At what age do you think it is appropriate to give your teenage child a sports car?
    At what age did you think it is appropriate to allow your child to drop out of school formal education without an alternative plan?
    There seems to be no discipline or moral values, possibly because the parental influences.

I don’t think either of those are appropriate, But that’s just my opinion. There’s an expression I think has been around a long while but I only heard a few years ago - “They know the price of everything but the value of nothing”.

That's true, there's a lot worse going on in that family

Shuushhh you cant mention Isaac.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Shuushhh you cant mention Isaac.

..... is he bold too?.....

• Advertisement

Lisha wrote: »
    ..... is he bold too?.....

If only you knew the real story............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

If only you knew the real story............

Is that your fourth of fifth attempt to provoke somebody into asking you to spill the "alleged" dirt, you muckraking scumbag. I hope to christ you never fall off the pillar of sanctimony you appear to be standing on, or your children or their children conspire to push you off.

Hibernicis wrote: »
    Is that your fourth of fifth attempt to provoke somebody into asking you to spill the "alleged" dirt, you muckraking scumbag. I hope to christ you never fall off the pillar of sanctimony you appear to be standing on, or your children or their children conspire to push you off.

Thank you for that. I have no criminal record and am not on any "special interest" list. You are going to have a long wait to find any dirt on me. Is that yourself Isaac?

There must have been a fair whiff of smouldering weed in or around the Allen house all the same, with so much of it being smoked. Hard for the family to be unaware of that ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭shaveAbullock

There must have been a fair whiff of smouldering weed in or around the Allen house all the same, with so much of it being smoked. Hard for the family to be unaware of that ;)

Smoking it sounds boring. Would he not use the skills his mother thought him and make some delicious edibles?

Hibernicis wrote: »

Lol

Muckraking ...... Fair play to grandad anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Thank you for that. I have no criminal record and am not on any "special interest" list. You are going to have a long wait to find any dirt on me. Is that yourself Isaac?

You really do have a peculiarly bad resentment of the Allens though. Did one of them do something to you personally or is it just old fashioned jealousy and begrudgery.

You really do have a peculiarly bad resentment of the Allens though. Did one of them do something to you personally or is it just old fashioned jealousy and begrudgery.

I believe there are somethings worse than the actual crime and that is covering up a crime.

That house could have been the site for a "Ceech and Chong" movie by the sounds of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

I got one when I needed one and I turned out alright. No criminal record, a couple of degree and happily married. Spare the rod and spoil the child.

Again, you contradicted yourself.

• Advertisement

Again, you know nothing of parenting or being a parent.

Give it a go yourself and you will see how 'easy' it all is to raise perfect children.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

markodaly wrote: »
    The maths are all off.

There are approx 39 ounces in 1.1 kg
    That means an ounce had the 'street value' of €565.

There is no way in hell you can actually sell an ounce of Cannabis for that price in Ireland.
    The Gardai always ham up the value of drugs for their own ends.

For reference.
    https://hightimes.com/guides/ounce-weed-cost-around-world/

$256 is about €245. The Gardai are putting a x2 marker on the price.

A heavy smoker of Cannabis could easily go through an ounce a week. Say he smoked half and sold the other half to feed the habit.

Have you tried buying any lately, 245 won't get you very far in a pandemic.

Ah well, come on now. The state of play in today's Covid-19 is not under discussion here.

Again, you know nothing of parenting or being a parent.

Give it a go yourself and you will see how 'easy' it all is to raise perfect children.

I am looking forward to it. My mother does ask me as often "so when are you having kids?".

Again, you contradicted yourself.

If the practice worked when I was bold as child then the behaviour didnt develop as an adolescent. Its fairly basic psychology.

I wouldnt know, I never touch the stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

It's the dealing that's tbe crux of all this chaps, not if he's from a privelaged background or from Knocknaheeney.
    I'm a grandparent and raised my gang in Derry well, yet one of my grandkids got involved in drugs etc-at 17 ,his mom's heart is busted, he's got hammerings, from his uncle's, would have gotten kneecapped but for my background ( past)
    but the toerag persists in hurting all around him, his next step I've been informed is that the gloves are off reference what awaits him from paramilitaries in tbe Creggan, might be the best thing that's going to happen, I've 12 grandkids all really loving kids bar this bollox, so not always the parents fault the way someone turns out

I am looking forward to it. My mother does ask me as often "so when are you having kids?".

Before I had a child of my own, I was pretty judgmental (looking back on it) about how my friends behaved with their kids. On occasion, I knew so much better how they ought to be handling a particular situation, tut-tutted in my head when they let the child get away with some (minor) misbehaviour, thought how I would never do that with my child and so on.

Believe me (or believe-me-not; you’re time will - hopefully - come) there are many times when the best score you can give yourself as a parent will be “could do better”

My daughter (now in her thirties with two children of her own) even allowing for a father’s rose tinted glasses, has turned out to be a fine person, wife and mother, of whom I am immensely proud. And no, I never had to give her a “kick up the ass”.

Paedophiles and drug dealers are rarely liked.

• Advertisement

Of course from time to time a child can turn out for the worse no matter How much love and effort has been put in by the parents. I’ve seen that happen and it can be inexplicable. Occasionally maybe from undiagnosed inborn/congenital neurological problems that medical science has not got to grips with yet. Must be absolutely heartbreaking to see this happen to your child. However I have seen patterns when researching the family tree, for example. I’ve seen cases where in the long distant past the odd relative who inherited masses of money from a wealthy deceased grandfather at age 18 with disastrous results. A child needs to start out life with financial limitations and constraints, to develop a habit of gradually saving for things. The wisest wealthy parents will withhold ready money and let their child learn the value of everything, whilst having treats and rewards for good behaviour and special occasions.

Joshua Allen was born with the proverbial silver spoon. He’s apparently got dyslexia, which makes academic study very difficult. Both his parents left school young as they could get away with it. Rachel is very intelligent and talented, but not academically so, but she had the focus of her dream of achievement in the culinary world. That focus saved her. Isaac wasn’t in for academic study, but dreamed of being in the fashion & photography world, but this didn’t work out. However it seems he found focus in enterprise & can cook very well. I’d say Isaac was directionless, maybe because of his dyslexia and realisation he might never cut it in the conventional world of business. Then he is given access to big money, a recipe for disaster. With all their money, the Allens would have had access to any amount of educational/psychological intervention for their son/grandson, but it seems these opportunities were totally missed because they were all so busy running the time-consuming family empire. Maybe they were all tearing their hair out trying to do everything they could for him, and that something beyond their scope is at play. It’s just that I would wonder if they could have turned things around for him at an earlier stage.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement