Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rachel Allen’s son arrested for €30,000 drugs seizure

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,487 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Actually my former publican (he sold the pub) never drank but he used to entertain me with the history and background to all the different whiskies he sold me over the years. So the correlation with publican and junkie is incorrect as my publican wasn't the end user.

Then you believe Joshua Allen should be free.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Tomaldo wrote: »
    I don't know any cannabis user who had to rob a house to fund their habits, how many burglaries to you think Macca, Keith Richards or Mick Jagger did to fund their cannabis use. If the Suffragette Movement had abided by the law, they may had to wait a lot longer to get the vote.

Really? The 'Joy is full of 'em. Once again deferring to 0.001% of the population is exactly proportional to real life. As for the Dochas Center....... not even going there.

Not every user is a junkie but every petty criminal (IQ approximately 80) has a background with drugs (legal or illegal) according to John Lonergan former Governor of Mountjoy. A bit like dogs with unlimited they will feed until they burst. How do you protect those people from themselves? Yes its the few that ruin it for the rest of us.

You also have declined to comment on whether you would like to have a "wet room" in your neighbourhood. I can tell you have no dealings in day to day life or live in the same area. If you ever lived close to them your opinion would be very different.

How did you make that logic? I dont believe Joshua should be free, I think he should have served the 10 years as mandated by law. The difference is Alcohol is legal to buy but Cannabis is not. When that changes then we can talk about it. Seeing how the demographics are changing in Ireland, that could well be the case in 30 years it could be reveresed.

I doubt the pharmaceutical and Biomedical companies would like to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,487 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

How did you make that logic? I dont believe Joshua should be free, I think he should have served the 10 years as mandated by law. The difference is Alcohol is legal to buy but Cannabis is not. When that changes then we can talk about it. Seeing how the demographics are changing in Ireland, that could well be the case in 30 years it could be reveresed.

I doubt the pharmaceutical and Biomedical companies would like to see it.

Here's how:
    Are you agaisnt the sale of use of drugs that are dangerous OR the sale and use of durgs that are illegal? Simple question.
    Why does it have to be either or? Why cant it be both?

So, all drugs banned, legal or otherwise. Doesn't matter whether one is banned and one is not.
    Of course - but then it comes back to the point about publicans: are they junkies who should be banned from selling drugs and thrown in jail?

Actually my former publican (he sold the pub) never drank but he used to entertain me with the history and background to all the different whiskies he sold me over the years. So the correlation with publican and junkie is incorrect as my publican wasn't the end user.

So, the selling of drugs you believe should be banned is fine, as long as the seller is NOT the end user. Neither the publican nor the seller (Josh Allen) are the end user.

Of course, they could have been, but there's no evidence and you can't convict without evidence.

---

So, you're a liar and a hypocrit. There is proof that you believe Joshua should NOT have been convicted and you've been telling lies all along. Also, if you drank whiskey you're a junkie and would be in jail for 10 years if you're stance was concistent. By your own word. So you're a hypocrit as well as a liar.

Either that or trolling, but trolls at least tend to be concostent.

---

Now that I've proven you to be said liar, there's nohting left for me to post, I'm leaving the conversation.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Tomaldo

Really? The 'Joy is full of 'em. Once again deferring to 0.001% of the population is exactly proportional to real life. As for the Dochas Center....... not even going there.

Not every user is a junkie but every petty criminal (IQ approximately 80) has a background with drugs (legal or illegal) according to John Lonergan former Governor of Mountjoy. A bit like dogs with unlimited they will feed until they burst. How do you protect those people from themselves? Yes its the few that ruin it for the rest of us.

You also have declined to comment on whether you would like to have a "wet room" in your neighbourhood. I can tell you have no dealings in day to day life or live in the same area. If you ever lived close to them your opinion would be very different.
    Are you sure you know the difference between recreational cannabis users and chronic heroin addicts?
    I wouldn't like a noisy pub to be near my residence but I don't want to see them banned either. I googled wet room and all I could see were ads for new bathrooms.

• Advertisement

Are you sure you know the difference between recreational cannabis users and chronic heroin addicts?
    I wouldn't like a noisy pub to be near my residence but I don't want to see them banned either. I googled wet room and all I could see were ads for new bathrooms.

Maybe you should have looked a bit harder.
    https://www.independent.ie/opinion/letters/wet-shelters-and-the-homeless-26222967.html

If you worked with the homeless community you would know. A wet room is a place Junkies can hang out during the day and have their ever need catered for while they get out their tree. Cops cant arrest them there. So they are a law unto themselves. Ohhhh that makes me feel so good the day that junkie got a boot where the sun dont shine for me.

A dry room is a place they can hang out but cant use drugs.
    Classic NIMBY-ism. Good for someone else but not in my space. There is a big difference between a bar and a wet house.
    I bet you think a shoplifter moves retail premises around with a crane?

It's a plant you plant it,feed and water it,harvest it and smoke it,like mother nature intended.
    Smoker (hash and weed) since 1979 at the moment helping me with pain assoccaited with quadruple bypass recovery to great effect.

Have you tried acupuncture/any other legal alternatives?

It's a plant you plant it,feed and water it,harvest it and smoke it,like mother nature intended.
    Smoker (hash and weed) since 1979 at the moment helping me with pain assoccaited with quadruple bypass recovery to great effect.

Do you reckon all the smoking over 40 years contributed to your heart disease at all?

p
    Maybe you should have looked a bit harder.
    https://www.independent.ie/opinion/letters/wet-shelters-and-the-homeless-26222967.html

If you worked with the homeless community you would know. A wet room is a place Junkies can hang out during the day and have their ever need catered for while they get out their tree. Cops cant arrest them there. So they are a law unto themselves. Ohhhh that makes me feel so good the day that junkie got a boot where the sun dont shine for me.

A dry room is a place they can hang out but cant use drugs.
    Classic NIMBY-ism. Good for someone else but not in my space. There is a big difference between a bar and a wet house.
    I bet you think a shoplifter moves retail premises around with a crane?
    I read your link, it's about people with alcohol problems, a substance you said u liked. What has that got to do with Joshua Allen selling cannabis. Earlier you quoted my words 'nobody tricks or forces you to take them' (cannabis/drugs) and u replied with what Allen's family tried to do in his defense (autism etc) what had that got to do with 'nobody tricks or forces you to take them' (cannabis/drugs). Then in another comment u said I declined to comment on Wet Rooms, I was never asked, the first time I heard that phrase was in your post #1627

I believe Joshua Allen should have been given a hiding when he was younger, absent father and permissive mother for not teaching him to cop onto himself. A bit like his Grandfather now and cannot visit the States. Heir to a kingdom and he blows it all on a few stupid weeds. Donal Skeehans stock just rose 200% the day that came out.

• Advertisement

p
    I read your link, it's about people with alcohol problems, a substance you said u liked. What has that got to do with Joshua Allen selling cannabis. Earlier you quoted my words 'nobody tricks or forces you to take them' (cannabis/drugs) and u replied with what Allen's family tried to do in his defense (autism etc) what had that got to do with 'nobody tricks or forces you to take them' (cannabis/drugs). Then in another comment u said I declined to comment on Wet Rooms, I was never asked, the first time I heard that phrase was in your post #1627

The "wet" room/injection center covers both. I was saying I despise junkies, all I need is another dope in my neighbourhood defecating on my doorstep. You are given a life with so many choices and possibilities ...... and waste it on drugs?

I have a bunch of lillies growing in my garden, how would you like the center of the flower or the foxglove? Both grow naturally but both are toxics. There are things you are meant to consume and things you are not meant to consume. Just because Mother Nature gives it to you does mean it was meant to be consumed.

The "wet" room/injection center covers both. I was saying I despise junkies, all I need is another dope in my neighbourhood defecating on my doorstep. You are given a life with so many choices and possibilities ...... and waste it on drugs?
    No you said 'I bet they are nowhere near your home' you didn't ask me to comment, post #1601. You keep saying wet rooms and injection centers are the same but the link you posted totally disagrees with you (post 1630). One is for people with alcohol problems and the other for heroin users. Are you sure you know the difference between alcohol and heroin?

No you said 'I bet they are nowhere near your home' you didn't ask me to comment, post #1601. You keep saying wet rooms and injection centers are the same but the link you posted totally disagrees with you (post 1630). One is for people with alcohol problems and the other for heroin users. Are you sure you know the difference between alcohol and heroin?

Yeah but the truth is nobody likes to have messy animals like junkies hanging around. Yeah they are same type of place because I took a public interest in the one they wanted in Cork because they wanted one in my neighbourhood. The deal was it would be a place where homeless people could hang out on wet days. There were future plans to put an injecting room for addicts in the future. Luckily the community and business people bonded together and had a public campaign against the politicians.The people who want these for these "poor souls" live at least 4 miles away. If you allow one the other will shortly followed.

Yeah but the truth is nobody likes to have messy animals like junkies hanging around. Yeah they are same type of place because I took a public interest in the one they wanted in Cork because they wanted one in my neighbourhood. The deal was it would be a place where homeless people could hang out on wet days. There were future plans to put an injecting room for addicts in the future. Luckily the community and business people bonded together and had a public campaign against the politicians.The people who want these for these "poor souls" live at least 4 miles away. If you allow one the other will shortly followed.

I'm surprised you haven't posted on another thread on this forum 'cannabis legalization, why are we lagging behind' or have you

I'm surprised you haven't posted on another thread on this forum 'cannabis legalization, why are we lagging behind' or have you

Not aware of it.

Not aware of it.

they were on page 12 when I first posted, I think it started yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Just because Mother Nature gives it to you does mean it was meant to be consumed.

Are you talking about the intelligent design of plants or just rambling ?
    I was saying I despise junkies
    Yeah but the truth is nobody likes to have messy animals like junkies hanging around.

Animals are they ?
    Not just humans with an illness ?
    How do you feel about Travellers and immigrants ?

How would you feel if you were called an ignorant fascist ?
    I believe Joshua Allen should have been given a hiding when he was younger

Thats child abuse pal. How do you feel about prison sentences for that ?
    Donal Skeehans stock just rose 200% the day that came out.

Chicken stock?
    Beef stock ?
    Or just a nice seafood bisk ?
    What are you talking about ?

I'm sure his "stock" stayed exactly as it was.

A few head-the-balls like yourself would probably boycott the Allen's because their son has a problem. Most people would probably use their common sense to realize there is no nexus between Josh's behavior and the quality of dining experience received and would appreciate reduced number of ding-dongs knocking around the dining room when they went there.

Are you talking about the intelligent design of plants or just rambling ?

Animals are they ?
    Not just humans with an illness ?
    How do you feel about Travellers and immigrants ?

How would you feel if you were called an ignorant fascist ?

Chicken stock?
    Beef stock ?
    Or just a nice seafood bisk ?
    What are you talking about ?

I'm sure his "stock" stayed exactly as it was.

A few head-the-balls like yourself would probably boycott the Allen's because their son has a problem. Most people would probably use their common sense to realize there is no nexus between Josh's behavior and the quality of dining experience received and would appreciate reduced number of ding-dongs knocking around the dining room when they went there.

Nope, its a fact not all plants are there to be consumed.
    Once the needle goes in the spirit goes out.
    Travellers are for a different tread. I have no problem with people travelling between country to country as long as they do it legally with a positive purpose.
    I couldnt care less if you called me a turnip or a helicopter, because it has no effect on me.
    Maybe one prison sentence might have saved another. I often got a hiding when I deserved it, it did no harm. Atleast I turned out to be a productive member of society with a respect for the law.
    If there is no heir to Ballymaloe, that leaves Donal Skeehan's niche wide open for him sell into and less competition.

I am not a head the ball, I am very sober minded. I gave the Allen family the benefit of the doubt (as I believed they resolved the matter internally), the first time they came to negative public attention. It is what I have learned since that has poisoned my mind against them.

It is interfere with the due process and business practices, that gives me a distaste. It is the refusal to accept culpability and take corrective action, that makes me think they think they are above the law. Ballymaloe isnt going to see 5th generation.

Nope, its a fact not all plants are there to be consumed.
    Once the needle goes in the spirit goes out.
    Travellers are for a different tread. I have no problem with people travelling between country to country as long as they do it legally with a positive purpose.
    I couldnt care less if you called me a turnip or a helicopter, because it has no effect on me.
    Maybe one prison sentence might have saved another. I often got a hiding when I deserved it, it did no harm. Atleast I turned out to be a productive member of society with a respect for the law.
    If there is no heir to Ballymaloe, that leaves Donal Skeehan's niche wide open for him sell into and less competition.

I am not a head the ball, I am very sober minded. I gave the Allen family the benefit of the doubt (as I believed they resolved the matter internally), the first time they came to negative public attention. It is what I have learned since that has poisoned my mind againstD them.

It is interfere with the due process and business practices, that gives me a distaste. It is the refusal to accept culpability and take corrective action, that makes me think they think they are above the law. Ballymaloe isnt going to see 5th generation.

Have you seen the poll results so far on the thread I mentioned earlier? Legalise recreation cannabis.

Full Legalisation - 71.43%

Decriminalisation only - 9.34%

Keep it banned - 19.23%

• Advertisement

Have you seen the poll results so far on the thread I mentioned earlier? Legalise recreation cannabis.

Full Legalisation - 71.43%

Decriminalisation only - 9.34%

Keep it banned - 19.23%

That is for a very young demographic and not representative of the whole of Ireland and population. As people become older and become managers and business owners they don't want employees to be getting into that stuff and to see those types of junkies hanging around their business. I was very liberal when I was younger and my views changed as I travelled and met people. After you lose a few friends with mental health problems then you start asking questions. I dont miss any of my friends I grew apart from who did try to get help when it was offered.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭newuser99999

Yeah but the truth is nobody likes to have messy animals like junkies hanging around.

So do you object to pubs opening near you?

So do you object to pubs opening near you?

I have a wonderful pub that sells food over the road from me. I never hear of any problems with it. Mrs Skooter and myself often go there for a meal at night. Saying that I live in a nice part of town now. I would much rather live in the country if I could. This is my life as it is.

Yes I would object to "Pubs". We already have one pub and we dont need more.

That is for a very young demographic and not representative of the whole of Ireland and population. As people become older and become managers and business owners they don't want employees to be getting into that stuff and to see those types of junkies hanging around their business. I was very liberal when I was younger and my views changed as I travelled and met people. After you lose a few friends with mental health problems then you start asking questions. I dont miss any of my friends I grew apart from who did try to get help when it was offered.

Young? Thanks for the compliment I'm in my mid-fifties and I voted yes for FL. What's the demographic for Joe Duffy's listenership, he had a text poll a few years ago, yes or no 'should cannabis be legalised' and it was 62% yes, 38% no. The odd time I listen to his show, it's usually people the same age or older than me on the line.

Young? Thanks for the compliment I'm in my mid-fifties and I voted yes for FL.

I have no idea what FL is? They say in the United States, there is nothing sadder than a young republican or old democrat.

I have no idea what FL is? They say in the United States, there is nothing sadder than a young republican or old democrat.

Full Legalisation, are you sure those hidings you got (post #1640) did you no harm

Full Legalisation, are you sure those hidings you got (post #1640) did you no harm

Congratulations, you voted in a poll. I thought it was some important referendum I missed out on. I actually have better things to do with my life than to listen to Joe Duffy after an afternoon nap.

Ah yes.... Back on topic.... Ish..... The Allens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Learned behavior there.....
    Its the old adage, when you have a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

A good hiding being proposed as a solution to mental health problems, petty crime......caveman mentality. Ug...no like...bash. Never fixes a problem, just makes it worse, but further away and unlikely to return for another bashing.
    It works right up to the point where the broken people have to go somewhere, or get help/get fixed. Unfortunately there are plenty of gombeens running around with hammers and too few with a bit of savvy.

As for anyone who uses cannabis being a junkie. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

She's left the food industry for good. Was in news earlier.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement