Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rachel Allen’s son arrested for €30,000 drugs seizure

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

lazygal wrote: »
    It's bull. The family started the rumour themselves.

That the father is covering up for his son? I highly doubt that.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

There is no responsibility on me to tell you. Come down to Cork some weekend and work it yourself. Be like Beyonce. Check out the consistently failing restaurants, make friends with a chef or ex chef. In no way am I defending the Allens.

So i decided to satisfy my curiosity and look it up on cro. the only director who resigned in 2003 was Tim. You are talking **** and trying to cover up for a paedophile.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

JeffKenna wrote: »

Nope that he was covering for "a family member". Nice and vague. Planting the seeds of doubt. Making people do their pr for them, that there's more to this than meets the eye. And it worked, people are still parroting it nearly 20 years later.

Nope that he was covering for "a family member". Nice and vague. Planting the seeds of doubt. Making people do their pr for them, that there's more to this than meets the eye. And it worked, people are still parroting it nearly 20 years later.

I've never heard the rumour to be vague and can't really see the logic to it but ok.

I've never heard the rumour to be vague and can't really see the logic to it but ok.

What rumour have you heard?

• Advertisement

What rumour have you heard?

The below..........

what do you claim the Allens staff to spread?

Augeo wrote: »
    The below..........

what do you claim the Allens staff to spread?

That it was a "family member". No specific person.

I've never heard that the Allen's were the origin of such a rumour.

I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

That's the rumour locally anyway. Tim covered up for another family member. Whether it's true or not no one knows.

If so that's a crime in itself, it doesn't sound right on any level though

• Advertisement

If so that's a crime in itself, it doesn't sound right on any level though

I dunno it makes sense to me. If I had a son I'd probably want to protect him and take the wrap. He would be tarred with something like that for the rest of his life.

Why they'd tell staff to spread the rumour I can't understand and it doesn't sound logical at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Stepping Stone

The son was very specifically named in the rumours. I can’t imagine that the Allen’s spread that kind of PR.

I have.

I can't believe you are spreading that around on the internet tbh.
    The son was very specifically named in the rumours. I can’t imagine that the Allen’s spread that kind of PR.

Indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭jelutong

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Joshua might get his own cooking show, cooking from The Joy

Stirfry.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,055 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

That's the rumour locally anyway. Tim covered up for another family member. Whether it's true or not no one knows.

And RTÉ were offered fr ted and turned it down

Does anyone remember "Adrian Mole TV, The Cappucino Years" If some fast - money entrepeneur could hire him and film a series like Awfully Tasty etc.

Then, instead of becoming a chef in a dodgy London soho restaurant he could graduate and go into a sheebeen in some boreeen of a place down the country.

Finally, he gets busted by the Health Inspector.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Piehead

Was it this son for the other one that had fantasies about being an F1 driver. They were looking for people to invest in him I think

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Piehead

Piehead wrote: »
    Was it this son for the other one that had fantasies about being an F1 driver. They were looking for people to invest in him I think

Ah the other one....

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/business/irish/allen-seeks-investors-to-power-f1-dream-38872706.html

Sounds legit “...... investors to pay €50,000 for a 1pc share of future earnings up to €150,000 plus their money back. The deal expires after 10 years”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭LiquidZeb

From the Allen family. It's well known in Cork their staff were told to spread this bull**** "good family man Tom covered for one of the family" ****e. Can't believe anyone still falls for it.

The fact Tim tried to pin the pictures on a staff member who had access to the card used to buy them kind of tarnishes the whole doting dad taking the fall narrative.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭Odelay

"......................"
    Directors fees? Stock options? Conferences? A say of what goes on in a company? You have never heard of insider trading? Loads of perks and Ballymaloe has a nice niche business going on there with a proven track record. 17 books? Regular TV series, licensing the brand, sponsorship deals, product placement......

I think you’re been educating yourself on corporate structure from the telly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

If you were in the trade around Cork city at the time you would know about it.

If people knew about it why didn't they report it? Or was it just a case of spreading and repeating rumours?

https://luccaallen.com/

There's a link to her other sons F4 page if anyone needs a laugh on a dreary Monday. Deluded doesn't do it justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

LiquidZeb wrote: »

There's a link to her other sons F4 page if anyone needs a laugh on a dreary Monday. Deluded doesn't do it justice.

He's an F4 Champion, and he wants to do better. What's wrong with that?
    Surely it's a career that needs a lot of hustle to get anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Its never been done before at Ballymaloe? Check the indo for the story

Effects wrote: »
    He's an F4 Champion, and he wants to do better. What's wrong with that?
    Surely it's a career that needs a lot of hustle to get anywhere.

There's more chance of me becoming the next milky bar kid than of him racing in F1. Just because mammy and daddy are funding his 'career' doesn't mean it's going to go anywhere. If you've the money the team will take it.

Its never been done before at Ballymaloe? Check the indo for the story

Could you provide a link for us :)

Sardonicat wrote: »
    If people knew about it why didn't they report it? Or was it just a case of spreading and repeating rumours?

If I heard about it the Guards knew about it. I was in catering at the time, I was nt Sherlock holmes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭KevRossi

He's doing something the kids of a lot of rich parents do, but to get where he is in that still takes dedication, effort and commitment. If his brother Joshua had half that then he wouldn't be in the crap.
    Sounds legit “...... investors to pay €50,000 for a 1pc share of future earnings up to €150,000 plus their money back. The deal expires after 10 years”

Yeah, it's legit. It's a risky investment, but can pay up to 300% on what you invest. Plenty of people invest in stuff like that, or racehorses etc. Racing is an expensive business. For reference, Schumacher paid €125,000 to Jordan to race in his first F1 race back in 1991. Rewards are potentially immense if he's good.

I say best of luck to him with what he's doing.

Augeo wrote: »
    Could you provide a link for us :)

Cant find it but I am sure you can check the Indo archives before 2005

• Advertisement

The fact Tim tried to pin the pictures on a staff member who had access to the card used to buy them kind of tarnishes the whole doting dad taking the fall narrative.

Can we get a link for that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement