Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rachel Allen’s son arrested for €30,000 drugs seizure

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I wonder what happens him now. AFAIR his sentence for the 20k worth of weed was 15 months but between the rehab course he attended in Cluin Mhuire and the time spent on remand he did around four months in total and the other 11 were suspended. Will the judge now put him back in prison to serve those 11 months? By rights thats would should happen if a condition of suspending his sentence was he stay away from drugs which clearly he has not given he has now been arrested last week for drug driving.

Its a pretty stupid mistake by him as well. He knew he was a marked man by the Gardai and should have known that if they stopped him in his car at a checkpoint they were always going to seize the opportunity to drug test him. He's failed that now and could be looking at a further 11 months in prison over it. That could be one very costly joint that he smoked.

He had dropped out of school, so we are not dealing with the smartest or most disciplined person. He was easy pickings for some local drug squad.

I would imagine he should served those remaining 11 months. In reality, good solicitors (Ms Lankford is loving these billing hours), another good will publicity tour would try to lessen the severity of the sentence. I am thinking back in for three months. Is it right? No but most realistic outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

I trained in Cork as a chef at the time. I knew ex grads of Ballymaloe and they wouldnt talk about it. Chef arent always the nicest of people, hence I moved onto something else.

I was a sous chef in Cork at the time, and knew not just ex-grads of the Ballymaloe cookery school (which was separate to the restaurant) I also knew actual Ballymaloe chefs, ate there, and cooked for the Allens where I worked.
    At the cookery school ya paid your few grand, got a cert saying you were a 'chef' (at best a commis in my opinion) and that was that. You certainly were not privy to the private life of the Allen family.

I have read all of your nod nod wink wink posts where you claim because you 'worked in the trade' in Cork at the time you have insider knowledge and I'm calling B.S. on that.
    People who owned restaurants and knew the Allens for decades didn't have 'insider knowledge' - what you had was gossip from people who didn't know a damn thing they just wanted to look like they were in the 'know'.
    Which, imho, is what you are doing yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

padd b1975 wrote: »
    How many races has he actually won?

All I see on his CV is represented?

I would have thought his race wins would be front and centre in block capitals.

I'm not really a car racing fan myself, but I do know how to use google.

https://www.driverdb.com/drivers/lucca-allen/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

He had dropped out of school, so we are not dealing with the smartest or most disciplined person.

Just because you drop out of school doesn't mean you aren't smart or disciplined.
    I know a few people who just weren't suited to school and dropped out, who have gone on to have successful careers in various businesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,055 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

some real bitter cnts here, other than gramps there really isn't any issue,

so what about the young fella, just proves they're the same as the rest of us....the very few actual encounters with the family in this thread are positive ffs

• Advertisement

so what about the young fella, just proves they're the same as the rest of us............

Most of us don't sell drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,055 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Augeo wrote: »
    Most of us don't sell drugs.

Yeah right

Yeah right

You reckon most folk sell drugs?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Augeo wrote: »
    You reckon most folk sell drugs?

Sure i bought a kilo and a half of smack off you the weekend just gone

Effects wrote: »
    Just because you drop out of school doesn't mean you aren't smart or disciplined.
    I know a few people who just weren't suited to school and dropped out, who have gone on to have successful careers in various businesses.

We are not talking about them, we are talking about Alfie Allen, I mean Joshua Allen. The Stats arent good for people who drop out of school early. Check out the the inmates of Mountjoy.

Three rules of life: Dont break the law, Dont have kids until you are married and complete your education. These are generalisations but they are fairly true. Joshua seems to broken all these as early as possible.

• Advertisement

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    I was a sous chef in Cork at the time, and knew not just ex-grads of the Ballymaloe cookery school (which was separate to the restaurant) I also knew actual Ballymaloe chefs, ate there, and cooked for the Allens where I worked.
    At the cookery school ya paid your few grand, got a cert saying you were a 'chef' (at best a commis in my opinion) and that was that. You certainly were not privy to the private life of the Allen family.

I have read all of your nod nod wink wink posts where you claim because you 'worked in the trade' in Cork at the time you have insider knowledge and I'm calling B.S. on that.
    People who owned restaurants and knew the Allens for decades didn't have 'insider knowledge' - what you had was gossip from people who didn't know a damn thing they just wanted to look like they were in the 'know'.
    Which, imho, is what you are doing yourself.

I am just telling you it as I heard it. On the other hand I heard stories about myself and other people not from the same source that were completely made up out of spite.
    Yeah the Ballymaloe School is just a place to stuff bored rich kids and bored trophy housewives. I will give them they do their marketing and product placement well.

Chefs are a salty bitter lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

I am just telling you it as I heard it. On the other hand I heard stories about myself and other people not from the same source that were completely made up out of spite.
    Yeah the Ballymaloe School is just a place to stuff bored rich kids and bored trophy housewives. I will give them they do their marketing and product placement well.

Chefs are a salty bitter lot.

It's gossip. You are spreading it and trying to give it legitimacy by saying everyone in the trade 'knew'. Please stop. You didn't 'know' anything. You heard gossip.
    I heard gossip about the Allans, and the Ryans of Arbutus and Isaacs, the Hartes of Farmgate etc etc.
    I know these families personally. They have the same trials and tribulations as every other family. And yes, sometimes one of them might go off the rails. Even if the gossip I heard was true (most of it came from bitter ex employees, jealous rivals, or staff trying to look important) I wouldn't be nod nod wink wink implying anything on the internet.

Tim Allen was convicted of a serious crime. Joshua Allen has been convicted of drug offences. Those are in the public domain - but having a pop at other members of the family based on nod nod wink wink is out of order.

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    It's gossip. You are spreading it and trying to give it legitimacy by saying everyone in the trade 'knew'. Please stop. You didn't 'know' anything. You heard gossip.
    I heard gossip about the Allans, and the Ryans of Arbutus and Isaacs, the Hartes of Farmgate etc etc.
    I know these families personally. They have the same trials and tribulations as every other family. And yes, sometimes one of them might go off the rails. Even if the gossip I heard was true (most of it came from bitter ex employees, jealous rivals, or staff trying to look important) I wouldn't be nod nod wink wink implying anything on the internet.

Tim Allen was convicted of a serious crime. Joshua Allen has been convicted of drug offences. Those are in the public domain - but having a pop at other members of the family based on nod nod wink wink is out of order.

So why did Darina stand by Tim then? If I had a sniff of a record my missus would be gone like a hot shot. Maybe certain women like a bit of rough? I know if I was close to that sort of stuff at that age my parents would have thrown me out.

So why did Darina stand by Tim then? If I had a sniff of a record my missus would be gone like a hot shot. Maybe certain women like a bit of rough? I know if I was close to that sort of stuff at that age my parents would have thrown me out.

She did say, at the time, that it’s possible to love a sinner but not their sin.

She did say, at the time, that it’s possible to love a sinner but not their sin.

The rot is deeper than we think?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,611 ✭✭✭Treppen

I think this has nothing to do with the lad getting busted, . I do find it strange though for such a storm in a teacup it brings a lot of Allen haters out of the woodwork.

I've no affiliation with the family btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Treppen wrote: »
    I think this has nothing to do with the lad getting busted, . I do find it strange though for such a storm in a teacup it brings a lot of Allen haters out of the woodwork.

paying for paedophile images is a little more than a storm in a teacup.

Treppen wrote: »

The issue with this lad, it appears that the course of justice is attempted to be perverted. There are vast amounts of money being ploughed into this reformed character. There have been pilgrimages with GOAL, Psychologists reports (they could be suggesting easily lead by the bigger boys story), Cluan Mhuire to detox. If he would take his medicine this would be all over.

I am not suggesting addiction problems are easy but they are looking for all the easy answers. I just reckon he is a brat who was given whatever he wanted and now the parents have to clean up the mess.

paying for paedophile images is a little more than a storm in a teacup.

It was probably when they cracked a ring, the Ballymaloe IP, Mac address and credit card came up and they rounded up the whole ring. Once they have you with all three its a slam dunk conviction.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭Odelay

The rot is deeper than we think?

You’re just plucking at anything to try have a go at them. What are you at??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

Angler1 wrote: »
    My heart goes out to the Allen family

Mine too. Unfortunately, I reckon this young man has a long way to fall yet and for them having the means and the will to help him but no co operation from him is quite a heartbreak watching him go down the drain.

Mrsmum wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I reckon this young man has a long way to fall yet and for them having the means and the will to help him but no co operation from him is quite a heartbreak watching him go down the drain.

Until he gets served some proper cold turkey, nothing is going to change. For that to happen he will have to hit rock bottom. While he can always return home, get the car out of the garage and meet up with the old mates. Why should he change?

Kick him out, let him get a bed sit in Cork and pay rent out of a minimum wage job and then you will start to see results. It would be unfair to ring up a European contact and pass him off as proper staff and the problem would resume again.

Until he gets served some proper cold turkey, nothing is going to change. For that to happen he will have to hit rock bottom. While he can always return home, get the car out of the garage and meet up with the old mates. Why should he change?

Kick him out, let him get a bed sit in Cork and pay rent out of a minimum wage job and then you will start to see results. It would be unfair to ring up a European contact and pass him off as proper staff and the problem would resume again.

I mean you're probably right but easy to say when your heart strings aren't tied up with him. The other little matter is it's not a given that tough love always works no matter how people always try and maintain it does. Many people go to the bottom and stay there. And that's the fear for their loved ones.

I mean you're probably right but easy to say when your heart strings aren't tied up with him. The other little matter is it's not a given that tough love always works no matter how people always try and maintain it does. Many people go to the bottom and stay there. And that's the fear for their loved ones.

how do you suggest they deal with the issue? The "ignore it", kid gloves, moral pilgrimage, brushes with the guards, psychologist reports, detox clinics and a 4 month stint in the Big house did not change him.

We had a guy at home who went to the 'Joy for a similar incidents for 4 months. When he came out he had no job (lost a cushy cushy number in the HSE) or girlfriend or car. Picked himself up did a personal trainer course and then is a qualified addiction therapist. He blanked the old friends and hangouts.

IF he could do it with less supports and money, young Josh could do it at a similar age. There is no motivation to do anything there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Mine too. Unfortunately, I reckon this young man has a long way to fall yet and for them having the means and the will to help him but no co operation from him is quite a heartbreak watching him go down the drain.

I agree with you, but I do wonder if those same means are part of the original problem.
    He finished school without a JC and going by an interview his mum gave years ago (he was dyslexic, artistic and not academic) he seemed to be a little directionless.
    The average 15 year old would be expected to be in school or making some sort of plans to keep themselves occupied until they had some idea what they wanted to do and how they planned to go about it. He's had 5 years in which to get his act together and pay his way in this world.
    I don't know if he has ever had a job and responsibilities outside of the cocoon of the family. The judge certainly didn't refer to one.
    Edit, beyond helping treatment for his addiction money certainly hasn't fixed him to date.

how do you suggest they deal with the issue? The "ignore it", kid gloves, moral pilgrimage, brushes with the guards, psychologist reports, detox clinics and a 4 month stint in the Big house did not change him.

We had a guy at home who went to the 'Joy for a similar incidents for 4 months. When he came out he had no job (lost a cushy cushy number in the HSE) or girlfriend or car. Picked himself up did a personal trainer course and then is a qualified addiction therapist. He blanked the old friends and hangouts.

IF he could do it with less supports and money, young Josh could do it at a similar age. There is no motivation to do anything there.

What I think is that he is on his own journey, what is done or not done for him may make no difference. I know this from personal experience because for every story of bad come good there are plenty others of bad becoming worse. It's really about what the family can stand. If they put him out, he may pal up with the roughest of the rough, he is a good looking lad and may be abused every which way. he may end up an addict on the street and die there. That is the risk. Or he could come good. The other way may enable him also or with alot of help may get him to a more mature place. I don't know but I wouldn't judge them either way because they may feel happier knowing he is asleep in his bed rather than on the streets. I just object to this notion give him the hard treatment and he'll wise up. The streets are full of people who never turned it around. Great for those who do though.

Call me Al wrote: »
    He finished school without a JC and going by an interview his mum gave years ago (he was dyslexic, artistic and not academic) he seemed to be a little directionless.
    The average 15 year old would be expected to be in school or making some sort of plans to keep themselves occupied until they had some idea what they wanted to do and how they planned to go about it. He's had 5 years in which to get his act together and pay his way in this world.
    I don't know if he has ever had a job and responsibilities outside of the cocoon of the family. The judge certainly didn't refer to one.
    Edit, beyond helping treatment for his addiction money certainly hasn't fixed him to date.

That is fine. Recognise the problem and groom him for figure head of the brand in 15 years. Make him do marketing and presentation for media in Cara Communications. Make him do the Ballymaloe course and then make him do the outside courses. Make him fend for himself in London, South of France, North of Italy or Australia for a few years where he is unknown. Let him cut his teeth there.
    He was probably getting "pocket money" from the school and a little petty cash. Addicts are a pain in the ass to deal with, anyone will attest to that.

If they put him out, he may pal up with the roughest of the rough, he is a good looking lad and may be abused every which way. he may end up an addict on the street and die there. That is the risk. Or he could come good. The other way may enable him also or with alot of help may get him to a more mature place. I don't know but I wouldn't judge them either way because they may feel happier knowing he is asleep in his bed rather than on the streets. I just object to this notion give him the hard treatment and he'll wise up. The streets are full of people who never turned it around. Great for those who do though.

The softy softy approach hasnt worked. Nothing has changed in fact he has gone from entry level weed to A class cocaine. See how much Cocaine you can afford on minimum wage/dole. Sometimes you have to hit the bottom to resurface. While he knows he has all those safety nets nothing is going to happen. At this stage he should be running his own courses at Ballymaloe and running his own Youtube channel, getting ready to take over day operations at the school.

Right now he is running out of goodwill, the guards have him in the "bingo book" for an easy catch and there is no evidence of him progressing.

The softy softy approach hasnt worked. Nothing has changed in fact he has gone from entry level weed to A class cocaine. See how much Cocaine you can afford on minimum wage/dole. Sometimes you have to hit the bottom to resurface. While he knows he has all those safety nets nothing is going to happen. At this stage he should be running his own courses at Ballymaloe and running his own Youtube channel, getting ready to take over day operations at the school.

Right now he is running out of goodwill, the guards have him in the "bingo book" for an easy catch and there is no evidence of him progressing.

I really have nothing further to add. You seem to think that you could straighten him out by kicking him out. I'm telling you you have no clue how that might end. A reformed young man is not a given. Not being able to afford drugs never stopped anyone. But hey it might work, might not. Either way you won't lose sleep at night. Therefore you shouldn't judge them imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

What I think is that he is on his own journey, what is done or not done for him may make no difference. I know this from personal experience because for every story of bad come good there are plenty others of bad becoming worse. It's really about what the family can stand. If they put him out, he may pal up with the roughest of the rough, he is a good looking lad and may be abused every which way. he may end up an addict on the street and die there. That is the risk. Or he could come good. The other way may enable him also or with alot of help may get him to a more mature place. I don't know but I wouldn't judge them either way because they may feel happier knowing he is asleep in his bed rather than on the streets. I just object to this notion give him the hard treatment and he'll wise up. The streets are full of people who never turned it around. Great for those who do though.

If it's as you describe they've enabled him and it hasn't worked.
    At 17 he was shrewd enough to travel to London to arrange a drugs deal with a stranger. He's now an adult. He won't starve, and maybe he has to reach rock bottom to turn this situation around for himself.
    As it is what they're doing clearly isn't working for him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement