Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rachel Allen’s son arrested for €30,000 drugs seizure

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Only thing missing is the movie like
    "The people vs. Larry Flyntt"

"Deranged Chefs vs SkooterBlue"?
    Coming to a movie theatre near you.
    Its the story of a young country boy with deluded dreams of working as a chef in a big city and finding out it is load of crap. 20 years later he tells his story the way it was..... and now they are coming for him.

OST DJ David Arnold, Seal, Cheryl Crow and Iggy Pop.

LiquidZeb wrote: »
    I dunno, I guess some people need to believe in the fantasy of it all. Maybe some people are defending Rachel Allen because they fancy her. If she looked like the school lunch lady I doubt she'd have a boards.ie defense force fighting tooth and nail for her.

I have needs and fantasies too but none of them involve Rachael Allen. I guess its the same with Martha Stewart in the states or Laura Deene. "thou shalt not take the name of Allen in vain, lest I make you clean a thousand grease traps!"

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    ......... don't act like you were some mover and shaker with your finger on the pulse and all knowledge at your disposal. You were one of hundreds.

Maybe you didn't expect that there was someone on boards who knows enough to call you out - but sadly for you there is.
    Actually - there usually is when ever anyone tries to make exaggerated claims about the level of authority behind their pronouncements. Today it was your turn.

You seem like a wannabe
    jessica lansbury :pac:

ffs though, no ones cares you were an exec sous chef who looks down on CIT cookery grads.

All the Allen family worshippers are out for blood because you told more than a few harsh realities about the little house on the prairie fantasy Rachel and darina try to project.

Now if I said Conrad Gallagher was a complete toss pot, you would have hundreds of old timers coming out of the wood work, "he abused me to the heights in the 90's as a comis" and "fupper never paid his bills and threaten to call the bank and revenue on me before he bolted for the states". Say something about a cork person and they all surround you to defend the family.

Augeo wrote: »
    You seem like a wannabe
    jessica lansbury :pac:

ffs though, no ones cares you were an exec sous chef who looks down on CIT cookery grads.

Every chef has to buy into the hype they are movers and shakers and how they make your "social experience" and "event management", because the truth is you are minimum wage with no overtime, no gratitude and no perks. See all the fallen chefs in their 30's are burnt out with drinking, smoking or substance problems.

You get Anthony Bourdain and Ramsey who make it sound sexy and debonaire. It is far from the truth. You know how Apple is an innovation company not a computer manufacturer and Nike are a social imaging company not a trainer manufacturer? Ballymaloe isnt a chef school but a edu-tainment company, selling a lifestyle. Real life is completely divorced from it.

What is an executive Sous chef? I have come across a Sous chef a head chef and executive chef but never an executive-sous chef. The air and graces chefs give themselves.

• Advertisement

https://goss.ie/showbiz/rachel-allens-son-arrested-again-after-failing-roadside-drug-test-220014

"At the time, Joshua’s legal team said he had been to rehab and that he underwent treatment for addiction problems."

How can he have gone to rehab if cannabis isnt addictive?

There is always this snobbishness between the day release and full time students and then you have the chip on the shoulders who have never been to college. The course gets you a step up, after that it only really matters who you worked with and what they said about you. You are only as good as the last thing you served.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭KevRossi

https://goss.ie/showbiz/rachel-allens-son-arrested-again-after-failing-roadside-drug-test-220014

"At the time, Joshua’s legal team said he had been to rehab and that he underwent treatment for addiction problems."

How can he have gone to rehab if cannabis isnt addictive?

There's a lot more to it than that. I reckon the lad has some issues with depression or similar. Whilst cannabis might not be addictive, the release that it gives you from your day to day stress is. I've seen it loads of times in a lot of unhappy or stressed people.

The rehab probably had as much to do with counselling for his personal issues as his drug problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,611 ✭✭✭Treppen

I dunno, I guess some people need to believe in the fantasy of it all. Maybe some people are defending Rachel Allen because they fancy her. If she looked like the school lunch lady I doubt she'd have a boards.ie defense force fighting tooth and nail for her.

Why, Is there people fighting against her ? /s

The case is about an adult getting caught and convicted, but yet we still have the lurkers asking why his evil Mammy isn't defending him (or why she is ?? either way they're unhappy).

It would be a real story if he got off.

He got caught , he's paying his dues. Case closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

skooter do you mind me asking what industry you got into after you left cheffing? Ive a cousin now who is 19 years of age and he went into it even though his parents advised against it as its not a long term career, pays really shiitty wages and burns employees out by the time they get to 30. He loves food himself but was complaining that on his wages he wouldnt even be able to afford to eat out in the restaurant he works in, a meal for two with drinks would cost him about a third of his weekly salary. I think he will stick it for a few years but I can already see he is getting disillusioned with the industry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Now if I said Conrad Gallagher was a complete toss pot, you would have hundreds of old timers coming out of the wood work, "he abused me to the heights in the 90's as a comis" and "fupper never paid his bills and threaten to call the bank and revenue on me before he bolted for the states". Say something about a cork person and they all surround you to defend the family.

you made a very specific allegation that another member of the family was the actual paedophile. an allegation that you claimed was based on specific ballymaloe company information that turned out to be completely incorrect. these were no ordinary allegations.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    skooter do you mind me asking what industry you got into after you left cheffing? Ive a cousin now who 19 years of age and he went into it even though his parents advised against it as its not a long term career, pays really shiitty wages and burns employees out by the time they get to 30. He loves food himself but was complaining that on his wages he wouldnt even be able to afford to eat out in the restaurant he works in, a meal for two with drinks would cost him about a third of his weekly salary.

You are right on ALL counts. You need to learn you cannot save everyone and sometimes you cannot save them from themselves. This is a great opportunity to meditate and contemplate what he REALLY wants to do. You can do nothing except be a supportive cousin or parent as is the perspective. This is the equivalent of being in a boy band or being a professional footballer/model with aspirations. Wait for mature student status to come around and reapply.

Answer PM'ed.

you made a very specific allegation that another member of the family was the actual paedophile. an allegation that you claimed was based on specific ballymaloe company information that turned out to be completely incorrect. these were no ordinary allegations.

Are you coming with your posse to hunt me down? Nothing that hasnt been heard all over cork.

Are you coming with your posse to hunt me down? Nothing that hasnt been heard all over cork.

if it is that well known then make the same allegation openly instead of in a PM to me.

skooter do you mind me asking what industry you got into after you left cheffing? Ive a cousin now who is 19 years of age and he went into it even though his parents advised against it as its not a long term career, pays really shiitty wages and burns employees out by the time they get to 30. He loves food himself but was complaining that on his wages he wouldnt even be able to afford to eat out in the restaurant he works in, a meal for two with drinks would cost him about a third of his weekly salary. I think he will stick it for a few years but I can already see he is getting disillusioned with the industry.

Can you delete some of your messages? your inbox is full!

if it is that well known then make the same allegation openly instead of in a PM to me.

I had a high expectation of you that you would act maturely and take it in confidence. Its ok, sometimes we all get petty. Head down to the Garda station and make a report, see if it makes you feel better.

"Someone said something bad on the internet and I am offended for someone else"

I had a high expectation of you that you would act maturely and take it in confidence. Its ok, sometimes we all get petty.

but the basis for your allegation is bull****. you know that yet you still continue with it.

but the basis for your allegation is bull****. you know that yet you still continue with it.

So what are you going to do about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

You are right on ALL counts. You need to learn you cannot save everyone and sometimes you cannot save them from themselves. This is a great opportunity to meditate and contemplate what he REALLY wants to do. You can do nothing except be a supportive cousin or parent as is the perspective. This is the equivalent of being in a boy band or being a professional footballer/model with aspirations. Wait for mature student status to come around and reapply.

Answer PM'ed.

yeah thats what I had said to his parents, let him go off and discover for himself that the cheffing industry is not a long term career and by the time he is 25 he'll be desparate to do something else and at least then he can get into university as a mature student. Even if he does cheffing for 5 or 6 years it will have been a waste of time. The parents have accepted it now but they're not happy that he will be 29/30 upon graduating from uni and only starting his career then. They are already helping him out with rent cos his wages are so sh1t and its looking like they are going to be doing that for years to come.

Whats worse is in a way they blame themselves, they are big foodies and they always taught their kids how to cook from an early age. Their intention was to give him a hobby and skill to look after himself when he flew the roost, they never wanted him to become a chef and get exploited with long hours and crappy wages. If the salaries were better they wouldnt mind but as said they are already paying some of his rent so they know its impossible for him to ever buy a house in that career and they just want him to have the same opportunities they did. But the young lad got sucked in by cooking programs like Gordon Ramsey, Jamie Oliver, etc thinking it was a glamorous job, he is quickly finding out it is anything but that.

Whats worse is in a way they blame themselves, they are big foodies and they always taught their kids how to cook from an early age. Their intention was to give him a hobby and skill to look after himself when he flew the roost, they never wanted him to become a chef and get exploited with long hours and crappy wages. If the salaries were better they wouldnt mind but as said they are already paying some of his rent so they know its impossible for him to ever buy a house in that career and they just want him to have the same opportunities they did. But the young lad got sucked in by cooking programs like Gordon Ramsey, Jamie Oliver, etc thinking it was a glamorous job, he is quickly finding out it is anything but that.

You have to pull out the depleted uranium option........ "Kitchen confidential" by Anthony Bourdain. pick it up in any second hand book shop or buy it for less than €15 new. Its gritty and dirty and Its not that bad but I have met the "Vincent Last Realname Unknown" character, always has a scam going on or a tall tale. His parents have raised him and he is no longer a child. Throw him into work experince for the summer and that will tell an awful lot of things. Worst case he will become disorientated and lose a year of college.

Kindly delete a few messages so I can message you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,611 ✭✭✭Treppen

KevRossi wrote: »
    There's a lot more to it than that.

says who?
    I reckon the lad has some issues with depression or similar. ..

Go on Dr.

Whilst cannabis might not be addictive, the release that it gives you from your day to day stress is. I've seen it loads of times in a lot of unhappy or stressed people.

Whilst TV might not be addictive, the release that it gives you from your day to day stress is. I've seen it loads of times in a lot of unhappy or stressed people.
    The rehab probably had as much to do with counselling for his personal issues as his drug problem.

Who knows eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Tomaldo

Most of us don't sell drugs.

It was cannabis he sold, some civilized countries have legalized it, The Beatles, Rolling Stones took it, they did ok didn't they. People get enjoyment from it, nobody tricks or forces you to take it. Can you give me one good reason why it's illegal?

But the young lad got sucked in by cooking programs like Gordon Ramsey, Jamie Oliver, etc thinking it was a glamorous job, he is quickly finding out it is anything but that.

Fuppin' Celebrities. Most of these people have never served their time.
    Nigella Lawson is Nigella Lawsons daughter and is a presenter and has all her books ghost written.
    Gordon Ramsey fair play rose his way from the bottom but he was one in 10,000,000.
    Jamie Oliver is from old business stock.

I think you just have to let this one play out. Once he hears what the mates are doing for their summer placements from university, he will see the light after he is worked like dog, sweats like a pig and doesnt have the price of a pint afterwards. The truth will only dawn on him then.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,078 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

He was easy pickings for some local drug squad

He made his own stupid choices, not the drug squad, but gotta defend 'em agin!

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

Tomaldo wrote: »
    It was cannabis he sold, some civilized countries have legalized it, The Beatles, Rolling Stones took it, they did ok didn't they. People get enjoyment from it, nobody tricks or forces you to take it. Can you give me one good reason why it's illegal?

Hi again, it doesnt matter if it is legal or illegal in your opinion. Poor auld Joshua is going back to do porridge and that is the law. The Judge has stated that Joshua mammy isnt going to buy him off like his grandaddy did.

I...Can you give me one good reason why it's illegal?

Law abiding citizens have less chance of becoming paranoid dope heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

The Beatles, Rolling Stones took it, they did ok didn't they.

Nah. John Lennon died ages ago, and Paul McArtney got fleeced by his one legged missus.

Rolling stones turned out to be paedos, didn't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,078 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Will he get to F1? Really doubt it, but he might be able to make a career of it in GT or prototype racing, which is no bad thing.

Yeah that's generally where rich tuggers* end up.

* common racing term for those whose daddy's wealth exceeds their talent.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

Law abiding citizens have less chance of becoming paranoid dope heads.

Check out the psychiatric and mental health service with people self medicating and making bad worse.

• Advertisement

Investments like that are perfectly common, several successful drivers got their start that way - Justin Wilson, Scott Dixon etc. And I'm sure it's even more common in the 20 years since they were at that level.

Will he get to F1? Really doubt it, but he might be able to make a career of it in GT or prototype racing, which is no bad thing. (After all there's already another Corkonian racing for Ferrari as a factory driver, while he's not on Lewis Hamilton money, he's probably earning more than several drivers.)

hmmmm! That is true but you need to be Beef barons, Banking moguls or own a diamond mine or something of that sort. While the Allens are well to do they arent that well to do and need outside sponsorship. I think it is something they will cream off the top with management and marketing fees.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement