Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rachel Allen’s son arrested for €30,000 drugs seizure

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Also, Jordan Belfort's downfall had nothing to do with drugs.

I dont ask

AS I recall from the film the FBI were monitoring their phones when they were high on Quaaludes and that is where they got their leads. All high as kites targeting sucking people dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,487 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I dont ask

AS I recall from the film the FBI were monitoring their phones when they were high on Quaaludes and that is where they got their leads. All high as kites targeting sucking people dry.

From the film. OK. Now that I know where you get you infomation, you flawed viewpoints on drugs now make a lot of sense.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

From the film. OK. Now that I know where you get you infomation, you flawed viewpoints on drugs now make a lot of sense.

Well I cannot read every book going but get the general idea, "it was the 80's we all did a lot of coke and did a lot of dodgy dealing". We are not looking at a pillar of morality here.

Do I get a flawed view point of drugs from the junkie scum I wade through outside of Heuston and O Connell Street?

Well I cannot read every book going but get the general idea, "it was the 80's we all did a lot of coke and did a lot of dodgy dealing". We are not looking at a pillar of morality here.

Do I get a flawed view point of drugs from the junkie scum I wade through outside of Heuston and O Connell Street?

Yes, yes you do.

You get accurate portrayals of those individuals, that's all.

Yes, yes you do.

You get accurate portrayals of those individuals, that's all.

The damage is done at that stage and they are of no benefit to me or society.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Sorry habitual user with no job prospects. just for you. Mark gets offended with the word Junkie.

I take umbridge to your use of words to describe people who suffer from addiction issues as 'pathetic'.

Its the equvilant to telling some who is suicidal from mental health issues, to just 'get over it'.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Out in the real world if you cant swim you drown, and to quote a lecturer of mine "No one cares". If I had to give a euro with every junkie on the street with a story I would have nothing left for me.

It's sad that your lecturer has that kind of a view on the world.
    You don't have to help every junkie on the street, you don't even have to give them money. But you can help some of them. It'll make you feel better about yourself, as well as helping them.

Augeo wrote: »
    Joshua Allen has very little to no job prospects.

If only there was some kind of family business that he could help out in, while he found his feet.

Effects wrote: »
    If only there was some kind of family business that he could help out in, while he found his feet.

That was tried before I think. He used it to bring in cannabis a few times, endangering company jobs. If you see a pile of $hit dont stand next to it!

Now would you take him into YOUR family business? Would you put other workers jobs in danger? Would you risk an audit by CAB? Ask the same question again?

Yeah, if it was my son, I'd try and sort him out. Give his honest work, and keep an eye on him at the same time.

• Advertisement

Effects wrote: »
    Yeah, if it was my son, I'd try and sort him out. Give his honest work, and keep an eye on him at the same time.

Its been tried and look at how it turned out! I dont think you understand that a lot of Ballymaloe is a lifestyle conception. Nobody wants to work with junkies and jailbirds. I suspect you never had to work with anyone on day release. I have and there were needles turning up in the toilets. Now ask yourself would you like to do business with a company that employs jailbirds and addicts? Why would you risk your business and everyones job for someone who thinks so little of their life?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Balagan1

The Aislinn Centre in Co. Kilkenny might have been a better bet for rehab than Cuan Mhuire for him. Heavy family involvement required and essential, not an easy number but of course, as with all drug rehabs, the rules have to be followed. Awful to see such a young person on a downward path.

markodaly wrote: »
    I take umbridge to your use of words to describe people who suffer from addiction issues as 'pathetic'.

Its the equvilant to telling some who is suicidal from mental health issues, to just 'get over it'.

You can take umbridge, oxford or cambridge with my words but they dont change facts.
    I never suggested suicidal people just "get over it" totally different scenario. People actively choose drugs they do not choose their mental health status.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

He’s a junkie scumbag. Let him rot in jail

Balagan1 wrote: »
    The Aislinn Centre in Co. Kilkenny might have been a better bet for rehab than Cuan Mhuire for him. Heavy family involvement required and essential, not an easy number but of course, as with all drug rehabs, the rules have to be followed. Awful to see such a young person on a downward path.

There is no evidence that young Josh wants to change, and why should he? He will still have a bed at home, still heir to a fortune and a car and petty cash to get him around.

You cant throw all the money you want at the problem but if the person isnt willing to change then it is for naught. Shure you can sent him to the famous Thailand detox clinics where they consume herbs and regurgitate the herbs with the toxins. Those clinics require will power and effort. I believe Christy Dignam went there and had great success but by that stage the damage was done.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Tomaldo

He’s a junkie scumbag. Let him rot in jail

I don't agree, he sold something adults enjoy using, nobody tricks or forces you to buy it, a lot of rich, talented and famous people have used it. Have u ever taken it yourself?

He is 20 now? Imagine what he will be like in 5 years if he is importing unrestricted? Let him know what daily porridge tastes like. I view both crimes equally.

Cannabis dealers usually sell to consenting adults, victims of paedos do not or are too young to consent. People get enjoyment from cannabis, paedo victims do not. Cannabis dealers do not trick or force you to do what you don't want to, the same can't be said about paedophiles. On what factual basis are they equal?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭shafty100

the young lad seems to have serious coke habit to feed , calling him a scumbag is so wrong and ignorant .

shafty100 wrote: »
    the young lad seems to have serious coke habit to feed , calling him a scumbag is so wrong and ignorant .

Would you call a drunk driver a scumbag?
    Then what would you call someone doing coke and driving a sports car?

Tomaldo wrote: »
    I don't agree, he sold something adults enjoy using, nobody tricks or forces you to buy it, a lot of rich, talented and famous people have used it. Have u ever taken it yourself?

Was he only selling to adults?

• Advertisement

What age group do you think a 15 year old sells to?

indeed.... Consenting adults me hoop :p

indeed.... Consenting adults me hoop :p

Isnt it great to get 'em hooked young and you have life long customers and if they want they can up grade?

But he forgot the first rule, dont get high on your own supply.

I don't know, but I bought cannabis and I'm a consenting adult

I bought cannabis from people who are younger than me, btw I'm in my mid fifties

A very lucky man, Deigo Maradona took it, Kate Moss was snapped snorting, The Beatles, Stones took it

I don't agree with drink-driving or drug-driving

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭shafty100

a drunk driver is an alcoholic and a coke head to has addiction issues , both health issues i.m.o ,its the scumbag dealers that prey on there weakness are the scumbags that wont be dealt with

a drunk driver is an alcoholic and a coke head to has addiction issues , both health issues i.m.o ,its the scumbag dealers that prey on there weakness are the scumbags that wont be dealt with

Maradona, Paul McCartney, Keith Richards took it, Pablo Escobar was killed 'cos of it' what r u talking about

• Advertisement

Publicans are scumbag dealers, so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement