Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rachel Allen’s son arrested for €30,000 drugs seizure

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,906 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I would certainly like to go over and comfort her with my organic cucumber.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Strazdas wrote: »
    From what I recall, Tim Allen's offences (while very unpleasant) were considered at the low end of the scale. The trial judge was extremely angry with reporting of the case and accused the media of sensationally reporting it, lying to their readers and creating the narrative that Allen had gotten off scott free.

He insisted Allen got the exact same sentence any ordinary Joe Bloggs would have gotten for the same offence but said media hysteria in Ireland created the idea that he had bought his way out of a tougher sentence.

No, the opposite, there were images at the more extreme end of the scale. Anyone who accesses this material contributes towards the abuse of children. Even the “milder” images. For his family to close ranks and publicly brush it off like it was nothing is despicable. If the trial judge was “angry”, he can feck off. Tim Allen got off easy.

Can you link to a quote where they “publicly brushed it off like it was nothing”?

Chewbacca wrote: »

Stop buying Ballymaloe stuff!

I like their products so no I won’t stop buying them. The relish is the best you can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

What a muppet.

Hopefully no special treatment is doled out here. This is very serious.
    Having a brother od and died here in Cork,a dealer is a dealer,hope the yummy mummys boy gets a sentence ( but of course he won't)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Having a brother od and died here in Cork,a dealer is a dealer,hope the yummy mummys boy gets a sentence ( but of course he won't)

The pitchforks are out

If he didn't buy drugs he wouldn't have od'd and died

It's like blaming the guy working in the off-licence for failing a breathalizer test the next morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Its crap like this that shows the law on weed is an ass. It should be legal like alcohol. Then people won't be doing stupid stuff like trying to import 30 grand worth of the stuff through the post

• Registered Users Posts: 8,330 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

P_1 wrote: »
    Its crap like this that shows the law on weed is an ass. It should be legal like alcohol. Then people won't be doing stupid stuff like trying to import 30 grand worth of the stuff through the post

Oh come on now-that argument doesn't hold water. Cigarettes are legal too, but it doesn't stop large amounts of illegal cigarettes being imported every year.
    And 30 grand worth of weed is hardly nothing. It's the strong stuff too, not pre-mixed or anything.
    Amalgam wrote: »
    So, basically, in the future, the likelyhood of not being able to fly anywhere without extra scrutiny, work in US/Canada/Australia/Japan..

Does this kind of conviction limit you to Europe, more or less?

Pretty much. I know guys who are qualified electricians/ plumbers/ etc but have a conviction on their record. They get blocked from going to America, Australia-you name it. Because once you have a conviction, you're screwed for life. They're pretty much stuck in Ireland and a select few other countries.
    I saw her official statement somewhere else, not VM, and I thought it was simple, dignified, and honest.

It's nice to take people at face value sometimes, rather than extrapolate on what the rest of the family may have done.
    She seems like an angry and concerned parent, and I hope the media will get off their back. It's enough worry for a parent as it is.

It's hard not to say 'the chickens came home to roost' tbh. One person paying a lot of money to ruin other people's lives...which is kind of the mantra of the Allen's.
    (Folks forget his grandpa was caught when they traced his credit card purchases-as in he paid to violate children).

One could say 'I'd love it if people would get off her back'...but he's not a kid anymore, not in the eyes of the law.
    He's essentially messed up his future-and knowingly so. And she was blinkered if she didn't see he was involved in this stuff.

Oh come on now-that argument doesn't hold water. Cigarettes are legal too, but it doesn't stop large amounts of illegal cigarettes being imported every year.
    And 30 grand worth of weed is hardly nothing. It's the strong stuff too, not pre-mixed or anything.

Pretty much. I know guys who are qualified electricians/ plumbers/ etc but have a conviction on their record. They get blocked from going to America, Australia-you name it. Because once you have a conviction, you're screwed for life. They're pretty much stuck in Ireland and a select few other countries.

It's hard not to say 'the chickens came home to roost' tbh. One person paying a lot of money to ruin other people's lives...which is kind of the mantra of the Allen's.
    (Folks forget his grandpa was caught when they traced his credit card purchases-as in he paid to violate children).

One could say 'I'd love it if people would get off her back'...but he's not a kid anymore, not in the eyes of the law.
    He's essentially messed up his future-and knowingly so. And she was blinkered if she didn't see he was involved in this stuff.

Interesting point. Not defending his actions by any way but surely there is an argument there

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Always read the tripadviser reviews first, take away the extremely good and extremely bad to rule out the idiots then pay via PayPal to avoid credit card fraud. Send to parcel motel. Collect, make a mega joint and use Ballymaloe house as a massive smoke box, order 1000 chicken nuggets. Simple really.

Goujons, you peasant.

Ordering marijuana to be delivered through the post doesn't sound like the master plan of someone with 'normal' intellectual development, to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

The 18year old will be a public whipping boy in the eyes of many,due to the 'softly softly' legal handling of his grandad a few years ago.

I think the public feel like ol gramps got an easy (40k cash) way out and perhaps the teenager will feel the sting if it.

Stupid stupid move on his behalf but there ya go. Besides,he won't get a custodial sentence. Slap on the wrists and a slight media shaming.

Money talks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

snotboogie wrote: »
    Can you link to a quote where they “publicly brushed it off like it was nothing”?

Darina's interview with Pat Kenny on the LLS.

Although to be fair, she was hardly pressed on it Paxman style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

This story looks cooked up by the sensationalist media. Some half baked story about drug possession. My blood is par-boiling over this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Did they get a 2 for 1 offer on advanced Darknet surfing for dummies ?

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭James 007

This story looks cooked up by the sensationalist media. Some half baked story about drug possession. My blood is par-boiling over this.
    If thats the case turn it down from 220 to 180 for the last 20mins & stir constantly......thats gas mark 6 in case you dont know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deusexmachina

ebbsy wrote: »
    I would certainly like to go over and comfort her with my organic cucumber.

Pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

Well now we know what makes their relish so damn tasty...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

JMNolan wrote: »
    I feel for her to be honest. I've a child that age and even though they are adults in the eyes of the law you don't seem them that way, you see them as kids. It's tough then when you can't do much to help your child in that situation.
    I hope that you also feel for the kids and their parents whose lives are ruined by scum like this who supply drugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I like their products so no I won’t stop buying them. The relish is the best you can get.

The relish is gussied up ketchup.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Baking Bad

Great job by the headline writers in the Sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,973 ✭✭✭furiousox

Are we sure this isn't "fake news"?
    There's not a mention of it on the RTE website. :rolleyes:

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

It's a bit of weed :rolleyes: the outrage is hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭KungPao

Send him to the gallows!

Emmersonn wrote: »
    I hope that you also feel for the kids and their parents whose lives are ruined by scum like this who supply drugs.

Weed is not the same as cocaine and heroin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭KevinCavan

How does one berate their kids in such a household?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

KevinCavan wrote: »

I dunno, forbid him from driving the Range Rover for a month. Reduce him to nothing and make him go around in the 161 Audi A6. That’ll show him

What’s your point about ‘such a household’?

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    I dunno, forbid him from driving the Range Rover for a month. Reduce him to nothing and make him go around in the 161 Audi A6. That’ll show him

You are not allowed be successful in begrudging Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Judging by his FB, take away his fairly new Audi. Maybe remove the silver spoon from his mouth too, in case he decides to cook up with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,973 ✭✭✭furiousox

It's a bit of weed :rolleyes: the outrage is hilarious

So are the double standards.

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Vologda69 wrote: »
    And Rachel had just got over the shock that he had made the family nanny pregnant...kid apparently has ADHD too. So a lot on their plate to deal with at the minute

source for any of that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement