Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro cut 26cc strimmer problem help

Options
  • 03-09-2018 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi everyone my pro cut strimmer head wont rotate when I went to use it today I haven't used it for about 3 weeks now and experienced some trouble starting (had to pull the cord a good few times) but got it going eventually but the head wont turn when I hold the throttle? Everyrhing else looos good pit in the correct fuel and ratio and tool out any line to figure out why the head wouldn't turn? The engine also dosent seem to be running right theres a lot of smoke? Any help is appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Cerco

I would empty the fuel tank and put a fresh mix in. I assume the engine cuts out when you increase the throttle?
    Doubt it is an electrical issue, more likely fuel/mechanical Problem.
    Could be clutch or drive shaft linkage but smoke most likely due to fuel. Either too much choke or wrong petrol/ oil ratio imho.
    Might be more appropriate to ask a mod to move this to Gardening forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭blackbox

Also check that the head can be rotated freely by your had (not while running!). There could be something wrapped around it causing too much resistance for the clutch.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Defunkd

If the head isn't turning, the head isn't connected properly or the shaft isn't being driven/turning. Even if it worked 3 weeks ago, it could have been knocked out of kilter or wasn't connected properly to begin with.

Did you assemble it yourself? Take the head off and reattach it and try again. Look for obvious signs of wear and tear. Check if there is something after wrapping around the head...

Advertisement