Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden flower identity question?

Options
  • 03-09-2018 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭

Hi. Got this plant growing from a pack of mixed seed from Aldi and it seems to be growing well and producing lots of flowers for the bees and to brighten up the garden. I would appreciate if anyone can let me know what it is called. I looked up the names of the plants on the box of seeds and it does not seem to match any of the photos I've found on the internet. Thanks for any assistance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,435 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The leaf and the flower shape seem to suggest some sort of single chrysanthemum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭macraignil

looksee wrote: »
    The leaf and the flower shape seem to suggest some sort of single chrysanthemum.

Looks similar alright but the leaf shape seems different. The indentations in the leaf are more pronounced on a chrysanthemum I have growing in another part of the garden. The leaf on this flower seems to come straight out from the stem with an even thickness as well ie. there is no visible petiole like there is in the chrysanthemum I have. Are there chrysanthemums with different leaf shapes?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,435 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I don't know much about chrysanths I'm afraid, and it is hard to see the leaves in the video. There are so many variations of chrysanthemums it would not be surprising to have leaf variations. Or it could be a marguerite. Actually, that seems a bit more likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭macraignil

looksee wrote: »
    I don't know much about chrysanths I'm afraid, and it is hard to see the leaves in the video. There are so many variations of chrysanthemums it would not be surprising to have leaf variations. Or it could be a marguerite. Actually, that seems a bit more likely.

Just checked on the images for marguerita flower on google and it looks like you've got the correct name to the plant alright. There's a picture of a yellow variety that looks to be an exact match. Good to know the name as I will be trying to grow it again.
    Thanks a million!

Advertisement