Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need replacement telephone pole

• 03-09-2018 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi
    We are having problems with our internet (lots of disconnects, slowness on line  on the occassional time it is connected), and our existing provider (Magnet) arranged for an Eir engineer to come out.

Unfortunately he could not do much, because the pole where the line is coming from is marked D. There is also a tree that has overgrown, limiting access to the tree.  The engineer said he would log the case, but said it may be months (at least!) before it could be replaced.

Is there anything I could do to get this prioritised?  I am nearly out of contract, would moving to Eir help accelerate matters? 

It appears that there is a junction box on the footpath and all the pole is doing is taking a line from that, up the pole into ourselves and the neighbours.  If the line could be taken from the base of the pole (which is right beside our garden wall), it could be easily run through the wall and under our garden.  We would be willing to pay reasonable costs to have that done if that was easier. 

You might let me know if this is the right forum, or if not where I could direct my query.

Thank you in advance

Kieran

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

tdo wrote: »
    Hi
    We are having problems with our internet (lots of disconnects, slowness on line  on the occassional time it is connected), and our existing provider (Magnet) arranged for an Eir engineer to come out.

Unfortunately he could not do much, because the pole where the line is coming from is marked D. There is also a tree that has overgrown, limiting access to the tree.  The engineer said he would log the case, but said it may be months (at least!) before it could be replaced.

Is there anything I could do to get this prioritised?  I am nearly out of contract, would moving to Eir help accelerate matters? 

It appears that there is a junction box on the footpath and all the pole is doing is taking a line from that, up the pole into ourselves and the neighbours.  If the line could be taken from the base of the pole (which is right beside our garden wall), it could be easily run through the wall and under our garden.  We would be willing to pay reasonable costs to have that done if that was easier. 

You might let me know if this is the right forum, or if not where I could direct my query.

Thank you in advance

Kieran
    Hi tdo, 

I'm afraid as you are not with us we would be unable to investigate this for you. You would need to contact your existing provider and they will be able to offer you updates on this. They need to contact us on your behalf to get these update and then advise yourself. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 34 tdo

Thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭babi-hrse

If you run a duct to the edge of your property and can get a civil contractor to run your duct to the junction box they can connect you completely underground. This will eliminate the need for a pole.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 tdo

Thanks all, to be fair pole is being replaced promptly, just received a call to say is scheduled for later this week, so all going well we'll have the broadband back by the end of the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

tdo wrote: »
    Thanks all, to be fair pole is being replaced promptly, just received a call to say is scheduled for later this week, so all going well we'll have the broadband back by the end of the week.
    That's good news, delighted to hear this tdo. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement
Advertisement