Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 3 (2018 Campaign)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Carles Puyol

I have 1 person on my vetting that lives in the US now. It's my ex husbands brother. Do you reckon that'll delay my vetting much? Everyone else is in Kerry/Limerick.

Not a clue, but by the sounds of things all your relatives in Ireland are nearly done in 1 sitting, assuming there's no problems of course.

bottar1 wrote: »
    You could get the laser eye surgery done while you wait for your medical. Even if you elect for the PRK the recovery should only be 1 week.
    Aye, I could, but I'm not too keen on forking out the money if it's not necessary, not at this stage of my life anyway when I've a house and everything else to be worrying about. I'll play by ear for the moment. I've a career where I am so me being delayed wouldn't be the worst thing anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Jecz

I have 1 person on my vetting that lives in the US now. It's my ex husbands brother. Do you reckon that'll delay my vetting much? Everyone else is in Kerry/Limerick.

You don't put down ex partners family I thought, just current partners.

For those that have been successful at interview, how long was it till you were told what the next stage was for you and what was it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭fmp3d26og54yi9

Jecz wrote: »
    You don't put down ex partners family I thought, just current partners.

I'm still technically married (not divorced/separated) yet so I had to put them down.

I'm still technically married (not divorced/separated) yet so I had to put them down.

Ah sorry, hopefully it doesn't take to long on the checks, my family are spread across England so I'm expecting delays if my application gets that far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 userunkown

Last I review came out the 14th...
    Reckon it's about time results came out.
    Hopefully today or next week

• Registered Users Posts: 4 NavyAndBlueGuy

userunkown wrote: »
    Last I review came out the 14th...
    Reckon it's about time results came out.
    Hopefully today or next week

Maybe this afternoon hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭User2206

This waiting for interview results is horrendous haha and I’ve only been waiting just over a week!! :D:D

User2206 wrote: »
    This waiting for interview results is horrendous haha and I’ve only been waiting just over a week!! :D:D

Haha I'm the same, checking the emails every 5 minutes

Haha I'm the same, checking the emails every 5 minutes

My guess is Tuesday the 18th for results haha again the interviews are over next week

• Advertisement

Just had my interview results (interviewed 29/11/18) so check your messages!!! Passed and have gone up another 300ish place , so fecking happy today haha good luck to the rest

I PASSED and jumped up over 300 places!! I’m so happy! Not a bad Monday :D good luck to everyone else :)

User2206 wrote: »
    I PASSED and jumped up over 300 places!! I’m so happy! Not a bad Monday :D good luck to everyone else :)

Well done, defenitly brightened up my grey Monday :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jwals2130

Passed also jumped up a good few places ��

Does anybody know how long it normally takes before we hear about the next stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Koccy89

Does anybody know how long it normally takes before we hear about the next stage?

The first batch have yet to hear about there's so it could be Feb/March

Koccy89 wrote: »
    The first batch have yet to hear about there's so it could be Feb/March

Ah that's going to be some wait :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Koccy89

Ah that's going to be some wait :-(

Loads of time to prepare after the Christmas feast

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭kellbag91

It's taken me all fu.ken day but I opened it, congrats to all that passed. To those who didn't pass this is my 3rd time, arguably my 4th and finally got there. Keep at it.

Koccy89 wrote: »
    Loads of time to prepare after the Christmas feast

Haha yeah I did think that, I will have some Christmas weight to shift :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭james flanagan

Interview done and dusted , long wait now for the results, best of luck to everyone today and well done to those who passed the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 andy28992

Well done to those who passed. I have mine tomorrow, I have never in my life been so nervous!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Smallboy

Hey people, interview tomorrow super nervous! I heard a rumor that when the board asks you a question you need to try talk for 4 minutes on each question asked. At most I can maybe talk for 1-2 minutes with each competency? Is this an issue or is the time not as important as what you say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,424 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

There's no way you'll talk for 4 mins on anything, they have about 10mins each to interview you and they'll just cut across your answer on many questions once theyve got the gist of it.

Smallboy wrote: »
    Hey people, interview tomorrow super nervous! I heard a rumor that when the board asks you a question you need to try talk for 4 minutes on each question asked. At most I can maybe talk for 1-2 minutes with each competency? Is this an issue or is the time not as important as what you say?

I wouldn't get concerned over time, just know your competency and have a few extra as back up. They won't let you sit there and talk for 4 minutes straight, your probably talking for 30 seconds before they ask you something about the answer your giving them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭fmp3d26og54yi9

andy28992 wrote: »
    Well done to those who passed. I have mine tomorrow, I have never in my life been so nervous!

Don't be! Be confident in yourself that you have prepared enough your examples. They want you to pass they are not trying to catch you out. They do want you to be detailed in your example just to confirm it is a true example of yours with a positive outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Harley2016

Had my interview Monday just gone. Does any one know how long before we find out if we failed or passed? I forgot to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Smallboy

I asked in mine and they said *hopefully* next week. I'm also hopeful it's this week cause I can't imagine PAS work over the Christmas week so it will probably be next 2 weeks if not this coming week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 1990siobhan

Hey,
    Wondering can anyone help.
    I passed my interview there but got my results. Came in the 500's.
    Is it a definite I get called or if another recruitment campaign comes out am i back to square one???
    So confused any help be greatful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mrletsdothis

Hey,
    Wondering can anyone help.
    I passed my interview there but got my results. Came in the 500's.
    Is it a definite I get called or if another recruitment campaign comes out am i back to square one???
    So confused any help be greatful

Good question, not sure how it works at all myself. Like I came in 300s , but if they taking in 600 this year in total and there are a lot from the previous campaign does it mean we gonna be sitting around waiting for a couple of years .... makes no sense to me why they keep recruiting if so many people are waiting still.

Anyhow sure there is a reason and someone here will explain !!

Advertisement