Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ras na mBan - 2018 edition - 5th to 9th September

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭1bryan

Beasty wrote: »
    Nice to see Andy Schleck back on the podium!

:)

In Kilkenny too! I remember him lining up at the start there for the inaugural (but short lived) Tour of Ireland back in around 2009.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Rhona Callandar of Team GB takes Stage 2 in a bunch sprint

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

The poor weather made for sketchy conditions, lots of falls.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

The poor weather made for sketchy conditions, lots of falls.

Shyte everyone up and riding again?

• Advertisement

nee wrote: »
    Shyte everyone up and riding again?

I haven't heard about anyone not making it back, but Kessler was down and may have been injured-too early to tell.

Full results from Stage 2 including GC

3 DNFs and 2 outside the time limit. Field down to 112 for tomorrow's ascent of Mount Leinster.

Looks like tomorrow's weather will not be a patch on 2016 but there may be the odd shower

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

McCrystal possible fractured arm but starting tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭buffalo

McCrystal possible fractured arm but starting tomorrow

So that is her in this photo:

na%20mBan%20Stage%202%2008%20INT_ED4_S01%20INT_ED5_S01%20Read-Only.jpg

Sounds like yesterday was a hell of a stage. Hardy women, good luck for today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Thud

greasy road at 48 seconds?

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

Thud wrote: »
    greasy road at 48 seconds?

That looked terribly familiar to me, so I checked back and I see from the 2017 Thread that the highlights video has a very similar crash, maybe on that same stretch?

(go to 50sec in)

Wonder if it was the same stretch of road :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

My take away from that was "a summit finish on Mt Leinster" :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Thud

andy69 wrote: »

looks like it, you can see this wall in both videos (@57second in the 2017 video and @51seconds in this years video):
    https://www.google.com/maps/@52.8507624,-7.0715635,3a,60y,97.08h,84.69t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sCtSKYDTxORZsm8E8ymGy3w!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

• Registered Users Posts: 10,452 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Thud wrote: »

I thought the very same thing when I saw it !!

How is Eve McCrystal facing the wrong way !? must have whiplashed around !! :eek:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Nikki Juniper takes today's stage, and with it the overall leaders, QOH and points jerseys

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

greenspurs wrote: »
    How is Eve McCrystal facing the wrong way !? must have whiplashed around !! :eek:

Looks like it, you catch the end of it in the video, her just skidding around. I imagine her wheel went to slip and she taped the front brake to try and stop and spun around. Fair play to them for catching back on.

Stage 3 results and overall classification

Juniper holds a 2s lead going into tomorrow's TT. 8 riders are within a minute of Juniper, so there could be changes in the GC.

And some Stage 3 highlights

buffalo wrote: »
    So that is her in this photo:

na%20mBan%20Stage%202%2008%20INT_ED4_S01%20INT_ED5_S01%20Read-Only.jpg

Sounds like yesterday was a hell of a stage. Hardy women, good luck for today!

Class pic, where did you find it? that's my girlfriend in the green jersey about to fall. (not the one on the ground).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,536 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Class pic, where did you find it? that's my girlfriend in the green jersey about to fall. (not the one on the ground).

Tough cookies , my last fall saw me off the bike for months.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

ted1 wrote: »
    Tough cookies , my last fall saw me off the bike for months.
    women clearly don't fall with as much conviction as men.

(that was a joke, btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,536 ✭✭✭✭ted1

women clearly don't fall with as much conviction as men.

(that was a joke, btw)

My wife thinks we’re all about the drama and we can’t even do work with without a sing and dance.

“Caution , men at work”

Hope she was ok after that.

Hope she was ok after that.

Yeah, she's a tough nut, held the Domestic rider jersey for two days, so happy with that, she's looking forward to CX SEASON NOW :D

Just settling into Kilkenny and see the front two in the GC have flipped in this morning's TT

Coralie Demay of France took the stage and now leads Nikki Juniper by 2s heading into this evening's crit in Kilkenny centre

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Just settling into Kilkenny and see the front two in the GC have flipped in this morning's TT

Coralie Demay of France took the stage and now leads Nikki Juniper by 2s heading into this evening's crit in Kilkenny centre

Are there any bonifications in this race?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

andy69 wrote: »

Definitely lools like the same corner!

Nikki Juniper took the crit in testing conditions this evening. There were no bonus seconds and despite a mechanical Coralie Demay stayed in the front group to retain here 2s lead going into tomorrow's final stage

460714.JPG
    Stage 2 winner Rhona Callander comes a cropper at the end of the first lap in anger

• Advertisement

Highlights from Saturday's TT and Crit

Advertisement