Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marketing Experiment

Options
  • 03-09-2018 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi all, could I kindly ask for you obsevations on a marketing idea. I have a pet product i wish to sell. In order to test the market i was thinking about picking an area, for example carrigaline in cork which has population of 16k with less addresses, say 5000 for arguements sake. Idea is to print off advertisement leaflets to deliver direct peoples homes in order to drive them to a website to buy the product. As well as this i could do some fb advertising to dog owners in carrigaline. On top if this i might send some people to local parks and shopping centres to talk to dog owners snd give out samples. What are peoples views on this idea. What level of sales might occur ? Anyone have similiar idea or experience?? Thanks for reading this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

leadersway wrote: »
    Hi all, could I kindly ask for you obsevations on a marketing idea. I have a pet product i wish to sell. In order to test the market i was thinking about picking an area, for example carrigaline in cork which has population of 16k with less addresses, say 5000 for arguements sake. Idea is to print off advertisement leaflets to deliver direct peoples homes in order to drive them to a website to buy the product. As well as this i could do some fb advertising to dog owners in carrigaline. On top if this i might send some people to local parks and shopping centres to talk to dog owners snd give out samples. What are peoples views on this idea. What level of sales might occur ? Anyone have similiar idea or experience?? Thanks for reading this.

You wouldn't be the first person to do door to door leafleting. Some people hate them, and put up no unsolicited notices etc. But, most don't mind, while others will only give a cursory glance.

While not as mad about their pets as the British (is the UK an option) the Irish do have a gra for their pets, so you might get some business.

How much business, €3.5k sales? Er, no idea. But, it's a tried and tested marketing tool. If the product is innovative and interesting there should be interest. If it's a plastic dog bone, maybe not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Not sure where I read this but if you are doing door to door leaflet drops, you have the time between their door and their bin to get your message across. Keep it brief and eye catching.

Also, try standing in the car park of your local parks handing out leaflets. Owners will be coming and going walking their dogs.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Bugatti

Slightly off topic but it could be another marketing experiment for you to try OP. Does anyone know what are the laws regarding putting signs down at the side of the road? Is this legal? If it is, is anything done to enforce this law? I see it done in so many places. More so in more "rural areas" where there is more green space for them to be placed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Homer

Bugatti wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but it could be another marketing experiment for you to try OP. Does anyone know what are the laws regarding putting signs down at the side of the road? Is this legal? If it is, is anything done to enforce this law? I see it done in so many places. More so in more "rural areas" where there is more green space for them to be placed.

You need planning permission to do that. It doesn’t stop some people ignoring that but you could end up with fines from your local council.

Advertisement