If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denon avr-x4200w

Options
  • 04-09-2018 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Heya, 

googled around and found an old post here regarding this device :-) Looking to buy one (can't afford newer models) and dont want to settle for avr-x2/3

any chance you still have an old (used/demomachine.... etc) x4200w that you'd like to sell to me?

thank you !

Karl (Cork)

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

kalli_cork wrote: »
    Heya, 

googled around and found an old post here regarding this device :-) Looking to buy one (can't afford newer models) and dont want to settle for avr-x2/3

any chance you still have an old (used/demomachine.... etc) x4200w that you'd like to sell to me?

thank you !

Karl (Cork)
    Hi Kalli_Cork.

Thanks for the post.

Unfortunately the 4200 has long been discontinued, I think over 2 years at this point.

Only place you might pick one of these up is second hand on Ebay or a buy and sell page.

Even the AVRX4400 has just ran our of stock as its already been replaced with the AVRX4500.
    Usually when new models get released there is a little overlap of a few months until the older stock has been sold through.

Technology has moved on in the last 2 years so you might find that the 3 series are infact equal or better in quality to the higher older versions.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kalli_cork

Thanks Kenny for getting back!

Am replacing a Sony STR-DA1200ES (i really liked the sound - 7.1) but is getting outdated and hate the fact it doesnt carry HDMI audio.
    for me the x4200 just hit the sweet spot of features and affordable (used of course).  had multiple Denon Stereo Amps and like their sound.
    I originally looked at 2400/2500, but the front seems very flimsy and my priority is on sound quality rather than feaatures. So i'd rather spend money on xt32 than worrying too much about network functionality. this is my biggest gripe with the current feedback that its very unstable on the x2... models this is what would worry me most, a system that needs constant rebooting and resetting. 

Maybe i should also include the x3 series as you said. my main reason for the x4 was the 9.2 processing (i have a stereo amp i could utilise to turn my 7.1 into a 5.1.4)

again, thx for getting back. always great to get experts advise

Kalli 

Thanks Kenny for getting back!

Am replacing a Sony STR-DA1200ES (i really liked the sound - 7.1) but is getting outdated and hate the fact it doesnt carry HDMI audio.
    for me the x4200 just hit the sweet spot of features and affordable (used of course).  had multiple Denon Stereo Amps and like their sound.
    I originally looked at 2400/2500, but the front seems very flimsy and my priority is on sound quality rather than feaatures. So i'd rather spend money on xt32 than worrying too much about network functionality. this is my biggest gripe with the current feedback that its very unstable on the x2... models this is what would worry me most, a system that needs constant rebooting and resetting. 

Maybe i should also include the x3 series as you said. my main reason for the x4 was the 9.2 processing (i have a stereo amp i could utilise to turn my 7.1 into a 5.1.4)

again, thx for getting back. always great to get experts advise

Kalli 
    Hey Kalli.

Yeah for the 9.2 you have to go into the 4 series. We ran the 4400 here in our demo room many times and it was fantastic.
    They had been clearing at £799.00

The NEW 4500 will be released at £1499.00.

Denon have been getting a very very good name for their AV amps over the last lot of years. Unfortunately most manufacturers are now putting a lot of network and streaming features into these products. With Denon they have incorporated in their Heos system allowing for multi room functions.
    This is now just the norm and with adding features like Alexa I would say that the smart home features are here to stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kalli_cork

>> They had been clearing at £799.00 

that also answers my next question :D

again, I agree. Here to stay. I'm just too old maybe. I dont want Alexa in my house and i measure receiver quality in kg ;-)

thanks a million again for taking the time!

>> They had been clearing at £799.00 

that also answers my next question :D

again, I agree. Here to stay. I'm just too old maybe. I dont want Alexa in my house and i measure receiver quality in kg ;-)

thanks a million again for taking the time!
    Happy hunting Kalli.

If we can help again in future please let me know.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.