Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Ryanair discusion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

defrule wrote: »
    I'm flying to Dublin on Thursday evening, what am I suppose to do?

Depends on your situation but I would say do nothing at the moment and assume your flight will go ahead until you hear otherwise. If you get an email notifying you of cancellation, re-book on the next available flight immediately. If the next available flight doesn't suit or you absolutely must be back on Thursday evening, perhaps look at alternatives now with other airlines just in case you need to make a last minute booking. Just be aware of your alternative options ahead of your flight in case anything changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭adam240610

If a flight is cancelled should we rebook on any airline? I.e the soonest possible flight after the cancelled departure time? And then try claim it back from Ryanair? Need to keep my finger on the trigger tomorrow to buy another flight on the off chance it affects me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

adam240610 wrote: »
    If a flight is cancelled should we rebook on any airline? I.e the soonest possible flight after the cancelled departure time? And then try claim it back from Ryanair? Need to keep my finger on the trigger tomorrow to buy another flight on the off chance it affects me

If it was me I'd wait until the airline confirms that your flight is actually cancelled before doing anything.
    If it is cancelled I'd see what they were offering as alternative routing to see if it suits your travel plans, if not I'd ask them for something more suitable and if they refuse I'd make my own arrangements and reclaim it afterwards.
    Whatever you do, don't accept a refund.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Considering booking Cork - Stansted on Friday 23rd.

Is it likely this flight will go ahead?

I'm thinking these flights might be okay given the same plane operates all the Stansted and the single Gatwick flight. ( one crew change I believe)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Diagonalley

Is everyone thinking the same as me, in that we won’t hear if our flight is cancelled until after the Courts rule on Wednesday. So at best Wednesday afternoon, but more likely Wednesday evening/ Thursday morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭sporina

castie wrote: »
    Considering booking Cork - Stansted on Friday 23rd.

Is it likely this flight will go ahead?

I'm thinking these flights might be okay given the same plane operates all the Stansted and the single Gatwick flight. ( one crew change I believe)

i am actually booked on that flight..

btw has anyone received an email yet saying that their flight has been cancelled?

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭adam240610

Got an email from Ryanair, heart dropped. It was just them telling me to check in thabkfully

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

sporina wrote: »

btw has anyone received an email yet saying that their flight has been cancelled?
    Nothing yet for my flights on Friday. Just checked in yesterday.

I’d just rather know one way or another at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 25 kyler_87

Lack of info is a killer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Diagonalley

I don’t think we’ll hear anything until both injunctions have been ruled upon. The UK one is being heard tomorrow so best case at the moment is looking like tomorrow (Wednesday) evening

I don’t think we’ll hear anything until both injunctions have been ruled upon. The UK one is being heard tomorrow so best case at the moment is looking like tomorrow (Wednesday) evening

Huh? Can u elaborate? I don’t understand.., is the same thing happening in the Uk?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

sporina wrote: »
    Huh? Can u elaborate? I don’t understand.., is the same thing happening in the Uk?

Yes there is an injunction application in the UK courts tomorrow against the BALPA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rivegauche

Ryanair twitter indicates that those whose flights may be disrupted have now been notified or that is my interpretation of this tweet.

https://twitter.com/Ryanair/status/1163826148851298305

and according to Will Goodbody tweet the Irish High Court case decision will be announced tomorrow around 10:30am.

Be interesting to see how both courts rule on this. Can you imagine the uproar if one court rules in favour and one rules against..? :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Well I've not received any notification of the flight being cancelled, but not convinced until I see a list of the flights that are cancelled. Without that it just seems like Ryanair bluffing us as there must be some cancellations.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

Robin Phil wrote: »
    Well I've not received any notification of the flight being cancelled, but not convinced until I see a list of the flights that are cancelled. Without that it just seems like Ryanair bluffing us as there must be some cancellations.

Nor me. Just got a mail about my baggage allowance. Got a fright!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 DubSprinter

"Can we please move on..." :):)

Sounds like Ryanair counsel deliberately stalling and delaying a ruling. Their whole approach is to delay acknowledgement of an issue as long as possible. That way they can argue making any alternative plans is out of their hands. People get very late notice of cancellation and cancel their trips accepting a refund which is the cheapest solution for Ryanair over re-routing and re-accomodating people and paying them for refreshments and lodgings during delays in re-routing. Obviously an injunction against the strike is in their favor too but they are delaying as long as possible in case it goes against them while appearing to be doing everything they can to reduce their liability.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lfen

rivegauche wrote: »
    Ryanair twitter indicates that those whose flights may be disrupted have now been notified or that is my interpretation of this tweet.

https://twitter.com/Ryanair/status/1163826148851298305

and according to Will Goodbody tweet the Irish High Court case decision will be announced tomorrow around 10:30am.

Flying Dublin to Tenerife (or so I hope) on Thursday and have not received anything regarding a cancellation. Sure the high court decision isn't until the morning. They are bluffing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Lapmo_Dancer

The High Court in the UK has already rejected a similar application from British Airways against BALPA trying to halt their forthcoming pilot strike.

The High Court in the UK have already rejected a similar application from British Airways against BALPA trying to halt their forthcoming pilot strike.

Link?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

The High Court in the UK have already rejected a similar application from British Airways against BALPA trying to halt their forthcoming pilot strike.

Different jurisdiction and laws, so not really an indication of how the High Court here will rule.

Different jurisdiction and laws, so not really an indication of how the High Court here will rule.

What are the differences between the laws and the challenges being made...?

What are the differences between the laws and the challenges being made...?

Ryanair had an agreement with Irish union that any disagreements would first be referred to independent mediator. They claim IALPA did not do this and it violates the previous agreement and is unlawful. Pilots claim the prior agreement doesn't cover pay issues however Ryanair claim they clearly discussed pay issues with the mediator on several occasions. If you read any of the articles online that's a summary.

Ryanair had an agreement with Irish union that any disagreements would first be referred to independent mediator. They claim IALPA did not do this and it violates the previous agreement and is unlawful. Pilots claim the prior agreement doesn't cover pay issues however Ryanair claim they clearly discussed pay issues with the mediator on several occasions. If you read any of the articles online that's a summary.

Thanks, and how does that differ from what's happening across the water...?

Thanks, and how does that differ from what's happening across the water...?

I don't know the details from UK but presumably they would not have the same standing legal agreement on resolution of issues between Ryanair and the union.

The question is whether the judge rules that the prior agreement prevents the right to strike allowed under the 1990 Industrial Relations Act, it seems like the kind of right a judge might be reluctant to interfere with unless the previous agreement was water tight on ruling a strike out.

Ryanair may well know they haven't a chance and are going through the motions to show it was out of their hands etc. and limit their liability. Or they might have a good case, we'll find out tomorrow my money is on a strike I've a flight Thursday AM so it's going to be painful, fully expect to be messed around after all the hassle of packing and getting to airport.

I don't know the details from UK but presumably they would not have the same standing legal agreement on resolution of issues between Ryanair and the union.

But what are the different laws you mentioned in your earlier post...?

• Advertisement

But what are the different laws you mentioned in your earlier post...?

That was another poster, I'm not a legal expert on differences to UK but I think the two systems are usually very similar.

Advertisement