Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Club Championships 2018-19

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Well taken penalty by mullinalaghta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

Think the ref is going to ruin this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Think the ref is going to ruin this game.

Some of them think it's in the job spec :)

A game changer there with the red card

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

What's the red card for?

Listening to the game ATM on the wireless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

seligehgit wrote: »
    What's the red card for?

No idea, no replay on TV

seligehgit wrote: »
    What's the red card for?

Something off the ball involving Johnny Buckley

• Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

RMAOK wrote:
    Something off the ball involving Johnny Buckley

Crokes might still win but it's a massive loss for them in the final if they're without him. If they win. Which I think they will. I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

There's a different class about Crokes, even a man down. Mullinalaghta will be lucky to see half time coming.

A lot of these frees (for both sides) are hard to fathom tbh

• Advertisement

Conceding possession on kickouts and booting yours into a herd of players when you have an extra player.... senseless stuff.

Never a chance to build momentum if the opposition get an attack on every restart while a 50% chance to get another attack after a score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭franglan

Yep goalkeeper has one setting - bulltoe down the middle.

franglan wrote: »
    Yep goalkeeper has one setting - bulltoe down the middle.

Them kickouts from the goalkeeper are killing mullinalaghta. If you compare his kickouts to the ones by both keepers in the first game, it's like chalk and cheese tbh.

I cant watch anymore of this..tactically inept.

Not sure how they won through Leinster tbh.

If Buckley had stayed on you'd be looking at monumental hiding.

Final will be interesting.

Bonniedog wrote: »
    If Buckley had stayed on you'd be looking at monumental hiding.

Final will be interesting.

If his red card isn't over turned, he'll be Missing for the final.

Crokes have a problem with the high ball into their full back line. Mullinalaghta could have had a third goal on accounts of the high ball a moment ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭franglan

Cant understand the kickouts, even if it’s not been said from the sideline or at half time, back line should be saying “micky, go short to me for a couple...”

RMAOK wrote: »
    If his red card isn't over turned, he'll be Missing for the final.

Crokes have a problem with the high ball into their full back line. Mullinalaghta could have had a third goal on accounts of the high ball a moment ago.

He will be a loss but as commentator said a few minutes ago, Crokes even with a man down have 3/4 class players to throw on. No way they are at full tune for this one.

Game over now tbh.

It'll be some final between crokes and corofin.

Ridiculous yellow for a shoulder.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Ridiculous yellow for a shoulder.
    ... In the chest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

Dr Crokes a different level, Final should be a great match! Still a great achievement for such a small club.

Armchair experts on here always amuse me, would love to know how many/if any have played football to a decent level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

So, the 2018 winners play the 2017 victors to decide the 2019 title - must surely be a first for either club championship? Edit - first time in football, but happened in hurling only last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Dr Crokes a different level, Final should be a great match! Still a great achievement for such a small club.

Armchair experts on here always amuse me, would love to know how many/if any have played football to a decent level.

Indeed - Crokes are virtually an intercounty squad themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

So, the 2018 winners play the 2017 victors to decide the 2019 title - must surely be a first for either club championship? Edit - first time in football, but happened in hurling only last year.

No doubt the two best teams are in the final. Crossmaglen 2012 the last team to retain the All Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Disappointing to read that St Thomas player was sledging a Cushendall player with British/Queen taunts, with same team having some similar against Loughgiel in 2013.

http://www.irishnews.com/sport/opinion/2019/02/22/news/the-gaa-must-do-more-to-address-british-and-queen-taunts-towards-northern-players-1554780/

Disappointing to read that St Thomas player was sledging a Cushendall player with British/Queen taunts, with same team having some similar against Loughgiel in 2013.

http://www.irishnews.com/sport/opinion/2019/02/22/news/the-gaa-must-do-more-to-address-british-and-queen-taunts-towards-northern-players-1554780/

If it was monkey noises toward a black player, for example, I could fully understand the outrage. Honestly though? this type of sledging surely shouldn't warrant such a public outcry??? its painfully pathetic stuff. That St Thomas player should really try harder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,420 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

No place for that kind of crap in any club. Would be very disappointed in St Thomas' if true but ultimately it could be one person that acts the maggot and that is very hard to control.

They'd need to toughen up a bit. Crying isn't going to help them do any better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

If it was monkey noises toward a black player, for example, I could fully understand the outrage. Honestly though? this type of sledging surely shouldn't warrant such a public outcry??? its painfully pathetic stuff. That St Thomas player should really try harder

So Black folks have a right to take offence but others don't? You do realise that there are bigger issues in the Glens of Antrim than colour.

They'd need to toughen up a bit. Crying isn't going to help them do any better.

Obnoxiousness won't make others better. There is nothing manly or toughened up about meanness from people who are better with their mouths than with their muscle.

feargale wrote: »
    So Black folks have a right to take offence but others don't? You do realise that there are bigger issues in the Glens of Antrim than colour.

Obnoxiousness won't make others better. There is nothing manly or toughened up about meanness from people who are better with their mouths than with their muscle.

They're a few words. Goes on in some shape or form all over the country. Having a little cry to the media about it doesn't make his 'plight' any tougher.

What you do there is win and laugh in their face, if you're able to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

They're a few words. Goes on in some shape or form all over the country. Having a little cry to the media about it doesn't make his 'plight' any tougher.

I lost count of the amount of players that I marked that had slept with my sister.... made sense why my parents got rid of her since I thought I only had two brothers....

What you do there is win and laugh in their face, if you're able to.

Oh indeed it does go on allover the country, like the inter-county footballer who was jibed about his brother's suicide. That makes it right? It's not a cry to the media. Nobody is crying. It's called outing the ignorant bastards.
    If it stopped at a player teasing an opponent after outwitting him to steal a score that would be a few words. Your use of "a few words" is an attempt to sanitise scumbag behaviour. I played alot many years ago and never experienced it. I can only conclude that it's part of a latter-day cheapening of society.

I lost count of the amount of players that I marked that had slept with my sister.... made sense why my parents got rid of her since I thought I only had two brothers....

Lovely family. Classy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

You could fully understand the outrage if it were a racist matter but that’s because society has conditioned you to think this way. Maybe 30 years you’d have thought black people needed to toughen up and get over the monkey noises.

I think sledging generally should always warrant such an outcry whether that is a black player or a (to recall one someone told me about the other day from an inter-county game) guy whose cancer-suffering sister is apparently still “gagging” for it in the hospital bed. Not sure any of it adds to the game or that those dishing it out should actually work harder on their insults. Why not just get on with the game?

• Advertisement

feargale wrote: »

Fair enough, I just think the barb aimed is absolutely pathetic but i suppose you have to be in the recipient's shoes before you know how effective it is

The comment was out of order dont get me wrong

Advertisement