Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scam call

Options
  • 04-09-2018 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭

Just received a call from this number. Tell me all internet providers well be disconnected today. He was say he was with eircom  

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Calls like that are going about for years - their next call will be to someone and they will claim to be from microsoft, tomorrow it will be apple, next day it will be AIB or the revenue.

Never ever ever give financial details of any sort to someone who call you especially pin numbers or passwords - no company will ever request a pin number or password by phone

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

CeilingFly wrote: »
    Calls like that are going about for years - their next call will be to someone and they will claim to be from microsoft, tomorrow it will be apple, next day it will be AIB or the revenue.

Never ever ever give financial details of any sort to someone who call you especially pin numbers or passwords - no company will ever request a pin number or password by phone
    I knew it was a scam straight away. Just a warning to people 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

cena wrote: »
    Just received a call from this number. Tell me all internet providers well be disconnected today. He was say he was with eircom  
    Hi cena, 

Thanks for letting us know. 

We are aware of these calls, you can view all details on this here

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement